D'Jinn Keeper

Home to all current Forum Games.
ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Re: D'Jinn Keeper

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:04 pm

Note to fellow players: On the exp book. We should probably decide on who would like what job(s). Since we have the smithing book that is a huge boon for whoever goes into it. We should probably have a couple people go into each job so weÔÇÖre not all relying on one person for a task. Also even though it may not be our forte, we should all eventually read any book that offers ~50+ exp in a race-skilled field since itÔÇÖs such a huge gain and it lets us do the little stuff so we donÔÇÖt have to burden our focused craftsmen with anything but the big stuff. Pat seems to be going the enchanter route, Don is thinking of tailor, and IÔÇÖm thinking IÔÇÖll try my hand at alchemy. Anyone else care to share what they may be going for? And who wants that smithing book? I might suggest smith Don simply to take advantage of what you could pass to those apprentices via the book.

Question to fellow players: How do we want to divide up loot. IÔÇÖm not going to take anything this week since IÔÇÖm not out doing things in the open. But I would like at least one of the magic items since I do intend to spend a lot of time out in the world.

Question to TE: How was the prisoner held captive? Rope? Manacles? What? Hoping it will be something useful.

Question to TE: taking two days to process everything is a long time. IÔÇÖm not complaining but just commenting that is a lot of work. Is there anything we the players can do to help you out and speed it up in the future?
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:15 pm

We really need an ICC Planning/strategy post so that we can discuss things without taking up so much room in here. I would love to plot and plan and divvy up the loot, but i would rather do it elsewhere. If you would like Chuck, as long as TE doesn't mind, you could create such a post.

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:04 pm

Nah, I don't mind, More RP gives me more information to flesh out character personalities when I do the weekly posts.

Yeah, it's a lot of work, and I really didn't realize how much it would be (going on three, almost four, days of work on it now), but I'd rather take my time and get quality done, than rush it. As far as questions as to specifics about what you guys have learned/earned, it will be expanded in the post. right now I have Noland's actions done, but I work at 9am, with it being 1am now (Having gotten home at midnight and taken some time to eat something.. wrote Noland's actions in about ten minutes), so I'm gonna get some sleep. I should be home later in the afternoon tomorrow, or mid-evening, at least, and will probably be able to knock out most of the other level 1 player actions, the results of the Voted actions, and then part of the level 2 actions. Maybe even the level 3 actions, and then the new post for the next week.

Honestly, the rolls were the biggest part of taking up my time, but It's worth it to have the type of material they gave me to write about. Whether you guys are actually enjoying the writing or not, I don't know, but it's half the fun for me. I am, at heart, a words and writing person, not so much a numbers person. In the future, I think the rolls probably won't take -as- long. The only reason the writing is taking as long as it is, is because of these three days being work-heavy.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:20 pm

As suggested I started another thread for our discussions so we don't keep cluttering up this one. Link

I'm kinda of torn. I like the embellishments and story that give it flavor. But at the same time games moving at a slow pace tend to wane my interest. We could come up with a solution, but in the end this is your baby so run it the way you enjoy it. And like I said if there is anything we can do to make things easier feel free to tell us. (also you probably didn't do yourself any favors giving us all 5 extra actions, giving you a lot of extra dice rolls.) Finally if I recall you were using a dice roller program, but you said that was the time consuming part? What are you using, I've seen some which can dump out a bunch of rolls all at once which would be good for mass rolling a bunch of minion actions at once.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:47 pm

ChuckDaRighteous wrote: What are you using, I've seen some which can dump out a bunch of rolls all at once which would be good for mass rolling a bunch of minion actions at once.
Pymapper8's built in dice roll function. Because the first roll determines what I'm rolling for with the next one, so it's pretty much all manual.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:27 am

thunteater wrote: The others were not so convinced, and another argument broke out. That is, until another scream came from Synch, who held his head and ran in circles for a few moments, before blinking and looking around at the others gathered, shocked expressions covering their faces. "Uh... so.. What about maybe send orcs get food?" Synch offered with a sheepish grin.. which more or less consisted of at least five hundred small, needle-like teeth spreading across a mouth that took up almost half of the expanse of his head, the other half almost entirely dominated by deep, black, empty eyes.
Wow, this is awesome! I sound so troubled! Time to make a psychopathic gremlin assassin!
► Show Spoiler

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:22 pm

Just got home from a 10am - 10pm shift, had a helluva night, with over 400 covers (all Ala carte). I work again at 10am, then I am off on monday and tuesday. I will attempt to get some writing of the results done when I can, but not sure how far I'll get, if nothing else, I'll devote either monday or tuesday entirely to this.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:19 pm

I had a thought, since we already had the data dump and the rest is just flavor, do you mind just putting up a basic summary and voting options, then we can start on next week voting while you finish the in depth post?
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:04 am

my guess is we can't move on quite yet, until the "speed one" actions are done as there still might be a combat mid week.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:33 am

hahaha.....hugrush
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:30 pm

I've seen a couple things added to the post but I haven't heard any update on eta or anything like that. Just curious what's going on.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:38 pm

Your over excitedness reminds me of my puppy.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:47 pm

woof

lol, from what he said I expected it sooner, so its throwing me off. Then again, looking at the work going into it, I'm not sure what to expect.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:20 pm

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:woof
Woof Woof!
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:46 am

meow...
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:14 am

I'm sorry for what i started...

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:08 pm

Hey guys, sorry for the silence. I had some real life issue crop up, which wouldn't of been a big deal, but after three 14 hour shifts in a row, I basically slept all day on monday (my first day off), went horseback riding on tuesday (my second day off), and then I decided I'd play some Age Of Wonders 3 before I got started (because I blew the 50 bucks on it out of hype and nostalgia for Lords of Magic style gameplay), only to get this wonderful bug where my game kept crashing. Upon digging around, I found out that re-installing my video drivers -should- fix it. That led to me trying to repair my computer from 7pm until 8am the next morning, with no sleep, and having to go straight to work. Due to my workload, I also ended up getting off at 8pm that night, and ended up just passing out. Today, I finished work at around 3pm and went to pay my lease for my horse, ended up helping around the stables for a bit. None of this is any excuse for not delivering what I promised, but I just wanted to let you know and apologize, before I get to work finishing up everything,
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:00 pm

Almost done with the story post. Just have four player actions left, then I'll assign exp points (and add bonuses from perks to them), and post Week 2. Also, posted up all of the characters, both PC and NPC, at the page located here: https://djinnkeeper.obsidianportal.com/characters This is where I'll keep most of the information of the game, honestly. Recipes will go in the Wiki. May eventually move the information of the current dungeon stockpiles there. Makes less clutter for posts. Then it simply becomes a matter of posting story/fluff and choices here, and just updating over there.

Unfortunately, this stuff never goes as fast as I want, and with work approaching at 8am, and it being 11:30pm now... I really should catch some sleep. I probably won't, because I've made you guys wait long enough. I'll probably take a break, come back and write the rest of the stuff up.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:20 pm

Go to sleep. The puppies will wait :)

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:29 pm

kida wrote:Go to sleep. The puppies will wait :)
Haha, naw, my superpower is insomnia. Plus I need to do some laundry anyway. In the meanwhile, I will definitely finish the story post tonight. The two most difficult parts will be Chucks and Synch.. and Synch is already done.. a little world building lore in there for you guys, too. If you haven't noticed yet.. Gremlins are nightmare fuel.

Basically this
► Show Spoiler
crossed with
► Show Spoiler
and a dash of
► Show Spoiler
Huge, black, empty eyes that take up half their face.. a mouth full of row upon row of sharp, needle-like teeth, clustered together... able to grin so wide that their head nearly split in two. Furry, scrawny body.
Last edited by thunteater on Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:02 pm

Please don't worry about taking a certain amount of time to do that incredible amount of work you took upon yourself. And don't feel bad about taking some time out. Just because you decided to create something that's fun to others doesn't mean you don't get to do stuff that's fun for you (or 'die trying' like with the game and the computer :( ) anymore. Take good care of yourself, we/I will be there whenever you're done with the post. :thumbsup:
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:07 am

Bam. Fluff/Story post is done. Hope it's worth the wait. It's good to stretch my writing muscles, after not doing it for so long.

Thankfully, most of the updating for the next week is copy/pasting or switching some things around.
I'll assign exp and update the stockpiles/inventories tomorrow after work. If I get that done fast enough, I'll get all the information for the next week posted and going. For now, I just posted a copy of last week, for me to modify/edit for this week. Also, new map.
Last edited by thunteater on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:22 am

I like Ruk-Ruk. We should give him a lead goblet ;)

thunteater
Of Few Words

D'jinn Keeper Week Two

Post by thunteater » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:24 am

► Show Spoiler

Dungeon Information

Dungeon Type: Abandoned Mines

Bonuses:
► Show Spoiler
Detriments:
► Show Spoiler

Resources Nearby:
► Show Spoiler

Dungeon Stockpile

► Show Spoiler

Current Dungeon Population

► Show Spoiler

Current Dungeon Upkeep Costs
(Omnivores can be set to eat only Meat or only Plant for 1d15 Weeks without any negative effects, otherwise, they split their requirements evenly between Meat and Plant. This choice must be made for it to go into effect on the next Week, and must be manually canceled, or reverted, by the Players, for it to end the next Week.

Mana Eaters leech Mana directly from the D'jinn Crystal, at the start of each Week.)

► Show Spoiler

Current Dungeon Buildings
► Show Spoiler
Currently Known Blueprints

A comprehensive list of everything your Dungeon knows how to create or build.

*Costs listed are Base Costs, before Perks, Tools, and other Bonuses are added or subtracted.*

Buildings:
► Show Spoiler

Weapons:
► Show Spoiler
Armor:
► Show Spoiler
Tools:
► Show Spoiler
Processed Materials:
► Show Spoiler
Consumables:
► Show Spoiler
Fuel:
► Show Spoiler

Miscellaneous:[/spoil]
► Show Spoiler
Tool Components
► Show Spoiler

Building Components
► Show Spoiler

Weapon Components
► Show Spoiler

Upcoming Events

Flax Plant (1): Sprouted this week, will mature in 2 more weeks.
Minnows: Will rot next week, if not processed, or used.
Larvae: Will rot next week, if not processed, or used.
PIT: Will reduce yields on gathering outside of the mines, and increase difficulty, if not addressed.
ZombieGamer: This new D'jinn-Born has Possessed an Orc named "Thresh"
NewOneAround: This new D'jinn-Born has Possessed a Minotaur named "Zeun"

D'jinn Crystal Vote

The D'jinn Crystal booms in your minds. It's time to take a course of action for the week. You may split your actions between four choices, utilizing 25% of the current population in each action, or you can choose to focus on merely one or two, at the expense of the others, while boosting its results or chance to succeed. Alternatively, you can pick the same option twice, in the case of upgrades or building new structures, letting them build more than one type at a time.

Your Gatehouse is still heavily damage, and if you repaired it, you could possibly bolster your defenses. Due to the majority of the Gate still being there, simply collapsed due to age, the D'jinn figures you could possibly repair it using only ten Planks, five Ingots, and ten Bricks.

Due to the success of the previous week, he states he could probably work the creatures hard enough to construct three buildings this week, instead of just one. A bridge over that pit, he suggests, would also probably be a good choice, since the creatures are getting tired of jumping across and falling in. In fact, it's slowing down their efforts considerably, and will lead to losses of goods gathered, if not rectified. Any traps to be done on the bridge could easily be retrofitted later, he states. Wouldn't be too hard to place some false floors into it.

He suggests that the Gremlins might work faster with a little "Encouragement", of the beating varieties. Gremlins, being Gremlins, won't be offended at this, of course, but it -will- be painful.

Then there is the matter of food within the Dungeon, you really only have enough to hold out for maybe a week. You have plenty of raw foods, and you could simply turn them into the base components, but processing it will grant greater yields. However, you'd have to either dedicate creatures to doing this, or work on large batches of food yourselves.
  1. Upgrade one of your buildings (Designate in your post. Ties will result in a coin toss) [Costs Ten of each resource non-food and non-magic resource]
  2. Build three new Rooms/Buildings [Minions will construct necessary components, using raw resources, if necessary, however, it will increase the difficulty]
  3. Repair a Building (Designate which one you'd like to fix) [Costs 10% of the build cost of the Structure]
  4. Focus free creatures on gathering more raw materials.
  5. Whip the Gremlins, causing them to work twice as fast and efficiently. [Gremlins roll twice for all actions, but take 1 hp of damage each.] (This will effect player Gremlins, as well.)
  6. Send some of the creatures to attack the adventurer camp that was discovered.
  7. Begin producing equipment or goods. (Specify specific types, or choose: Tools, Weapons, Armor, Cooked Foods, Building Materials, Random Items, Etc. Coin Toss resolves Ties)
  8. Propose and Vote on an option not on this list! The D'jinn Crystal is willing to listen your ideas, and if you can get the majority to agree to it, part of the creature population may be devoted towards it.

Action Points: 4 gained by all players this week.

This Week ends on: [Will write later] (At 0:00:00 EST[Midnight])
Last edited by thunteater on Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:32 am

Love the story and appreciate the work you put into it.

Although from the resource post I thought we were going to kidnap the prisoner. Three of the actions I had planned next turn revolved around it in fact. But it works out all the same since I have a ton of other actions I was planning on doing in later turns which I can now do sooner.
kida wrote:I like Ruk-Ruk. We should give him a lead goblet ;)
After his finds I'm considering him a gem-encrusted solid-gold goblet.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10