Conspiracy Judge! (A fully open to all game)

Home to all current Forum Games.
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Re: Conspiracy Judge! (A fully open to all game)

Post by LAYF » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:59 pm

*sorry for double post:
YourNewOverlord wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:48 pm

Tony Robinson speaking for the Historians

"So far this case has been about the timeline and locked points and As we have 4T's have confirmed our origin is now a fixed point, which means our copy right is also a fixed thing. Each time we Publish in the book of truth we and the publishers have basically copyrighted that space/time, which prevents anytime travels entering it and changing/ adapting it for themselves. As we are beginning to see from our on research time travelers are notorious for not filing paperwork and time will sometimes readjust from their small actions to stop paradoxes. The example here is that the 3 Mr Lates will at one point or another fade from our memories to stop any paradoxes and the time line with curve to the next nearest simple truth that does not involve time travel. This is the reason No evidence was found in the past about time travel. at least that my theory but as we are not up to 95% support yet i can not publish.

However i would also like to bring up the fact that this is about loss of earnings. We cannot be held responsible for any loss of earning due to telling a confirmed truth as the fact time traveler can and usually do monitor there future sales so would have seen this coming. That fact that they are sending future selves to this court hearing suggests they know their future sales, need a boost and are trying to force us out of our copyright. So this may actually be a case for us on copyright infringement.

one last point.
As this is not yet a fixed point in time, the future Lates and their time line is not our time line yet as things can change and thus there evidence is dismiss able due to them having changed the past and therefore their time and evidence are not correct anymore.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:51 am

Court clerk have you done your duty and taken the minutes?

Yes, your honor! Do you need me to repeat a part of the case to you?

No, thank you. It has come to my attention that the only reason for these future time travellers to be testifying is to attempt to alter an event that was never added to their history unless they are deliberately falsifying their claims, either about time travel's existance or about their not being able to alter these historical events. They have admitted there will be time police, so there must be a historical reason for them. Thus, they are obviously wasting the court's precious time. I have reached my conclusion, and find in favor of these historians. Now, clerk, destroy those minutes, and let no history be made of this debacle, so I shall not find myself further hounded by these time travellers.

Historians Win!

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:04 am

Thanks for the verdict you honor!
okay.. so the list of possible judges are:
Patdragon
ChuckDaRighteous
and myself... I will avoid being judge this time, since I was last time.... Pat and Chuck, first of you to post is judge!
-Best regards LAYF

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:47 am

We now open the case of "The Missing island"
Pendragon's Pillaging pirates
vs
McDougal's Treasure Map Makers

What are the charges?
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:50 am

The charges are very simple milord.

This is a probation violation case for a Mr E. island who is currently missing and believed to be being harboured by the the Pendragons, whom he was a former member. As part of his community service to the map makers guild we have reported him missing and will prove he is hiding out with his previous affiliates given the evidence we have found.

I'm Dougal McDougal speaking as 3rd in charge of the map makers.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:46 am

Ya honor, Jack jackalope Jones of Pendragon's Pillaging pirates!

It Arrr a falslyhood based on a pure misunderstandings of thing ya sea! Tha E. Island Tha screwy land dwellers have heard us sai we have in arrr possession is a map ya sea? it is arrr map of the Easter Island aye!
not tha mister E. Island aye? No that drunken boats boy is no longer welcome at arrr galleys as after he drak all me rom! We arrr innosent of the charges ya honor... at least of those charges aye? arrr....
-Best regards LAYF

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:08 pm

Dougal Mc, Dougal for map makers.

Aha!, This is the first piece of evidence Milord, There are indeed many maps for Easter Island but as is the way of map makers to make sure no one copies our product we are aloud to make a tiny accuracy change that if copied we can prove it is a copy. The aforementioned Mr E island tho was not his original but was a name he took on in later life due to the fact he had the most accurate map tattooed onto his back after seeing our collection, showing more than the usual treasure spots, of which these pirates have just returned from one we have not released to the public yet.

Therefore they have used Mr island assistance in finding said island.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

YourNewOverlord
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by YourNewOverlord » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:11 pm

Skrawk!

Polly Pendragon, Pirate Parrot, skrawk, here to represent the pirates.

Mr. E is not hiding with us pirates. Skrawk. He is, skraaaaaaawk, LONG gone.

You see... we DID in fact, skrawk, pick up Mr. E. However, we did NOT know that he was a SKRAWWWK wanted fugitive, and as soon we found this out, we ditched him!

*Polly pulls out a small briefcase, and a badge, which reads "Polly Pendragon, Attorney at Law." Polly opens the briefcase, and quickly gobbles down a cracker.*

After all, we are in a long standing and well publicized business relationship with McDougal Map Makers- they are our primary map producing company. Why in the Seven Seas would we do anything to incur their ire? Yes, Mr. Island was a long standing colleague of ours, but piracy is a cutthroat business, and we know what's important. After copying down the map from his back, we dropped him in a life boat and left him floating in the sea.

Now, while the law has plenty of punishments for KNOWINGLY harboring a fugitive, we have done no such thing.

Of course, I expect you'll want us to prove this. Luckily... I SKRAWK!

*Polly eats another cracker out of the briefcase*

Luckily, I CAN prove it. You see, we abandoned Mr. Island in the territory of another well known pirate- the only logical person who could be harboring him at this time!

I call to the stands... Steven Silver, Captain of the S.S. Agnar!

*A large cloud of parrots flies into the court room, carrying a shouting figure, who they drop into the witness stand*

"Yaarrr! What be the meanin' o' this? One minute I'm relaxin' with a tankard o' grog on a pile o' loot, an' the next I'm dragged halfway to Hell by a flock o' squawkin gulls? I'll keelhaul the lot o' you fer this, I will!"

Ladies and Gentlemen of the court, and especially the Judge, may I present... Captain Silver!

Now, Captain, several weeks ago, we dropped a fugitive, on Mr. E Island, into your territory in nothing but a lifeboat. It is well known that you make regular patrols through your territory, and there was no land nearby that Mr. Island could have reached in such a short range vessel as his lifeboat. Logically, it follows, that YOU, Captain Silver, must have picked up Mr. Island, and, on realizing that he had a map to a large amount of hidden treasure on his back, have been harboring him to this day!

Do you have anything to say in your defense, sir?

(That's all for my part- I'll let anyone who wants take up the role of Captain Silver.)

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:08 pm

Set me up as your patsy, will you? Well, I be having none of it. Aye, I, Captain Silver, shall stand here in support of both my own and the Map Makers' case. As you arrr no doubt aware, me mateys are well-known for being mutinying and blood-thirsty scalawags. If they had not mutineed and marooned me here in front of the court by me lonesome, I'd have been prepared to offer some of the best evidence there be that the case laid before us pirates was malarkey. But it be me evidence by being mutineed against that proves the case for the Map Makers. Ye see, me plan was to keelhaul Mr. Island from me maidenhead, thus provin' we pirates not be keepin' him in some safe haven. But, nay, me mateys, bein' such treacherous mutineers as they be raised to be, sided not with me, their Cap'n, but rather with that same Mr. Island, who still remains safe on me ship, the one me crew stole from me when they shanghaied me here in front of this kangaroo court, pardon your Wallabyness. Well, safe enough till the same crew that mutineed against me repeats their same treacherous acts against him. I give 'em a month at best.
Had it been as Polly claimed, your Honor, I should further mention, I'm not the sort of sissy that Polly makes me out to be. There are several methods by which I could have procured said map from Mr. Edward Island that leave less chance of him escaping or using me own crew against me. I'm not above slittin' a few throats, floggin' a man to death with a whip, nor rippin' the skin off a man's back with me hook. If you wish, I could provide ye with a few pictures of villages rumored to have been ransacked, razed, and looted by meself for proof.Of course, that's all they be, as I take no prisoners.

YourNewOverlord
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by YourNewOverlord » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:20 am

SKRAAAWWWK!
Polly for the Pendragons, wrapping up the case.

As you can see, we now have a known location for Mr. Island- NOT being harbored by the Pendragons, but by Silver's mutinous crew! The Captain, though innocent himself, has just admitted to this! Thus, it's very SKRAAAWWK *Polly eats a cracker*
Very clear that the charges against the Pendragon Pirates must be dropped, and taken up with the TRUE criminals in this case- the treacherous crew of S.S Agnar!
The defense rests.

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:30 am

I, Cap'n Silver, speak again against the Pendragons. You didn't think you could be so devious nor I so foolish, parrot, that I would not have your names here in me log books, provin' ye Pendragons actually be me mutinous crew.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:10 am

This brings me to me second piece of evidence.

The aforementioned Polly the Pirate was in fact trained to talk by Mr Island and it is also now known that Mr Island studied law before becoming a pirate so it is not unreasonable that he has trained said Polly in everything he is now spouting to us in court to cover his own ass in hiding out!

This is Dougal Mcdougal again speaking for the map makers.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

YourNewOverlord
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by YourNewOverlord » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:40 pm

Yaaarrrr! Hold it right there, ye blasted landlubbers! This be Captain Pendragon, speakin' for me crew.

Now, wha' Cap'n Silver is saying is true. We ARE his mutinous crew...

Or at least, we WERE, THREE YEARS AGO! Yaaarrrr! We were Cap'n Silver's FIRST mutinous crew, tha first o' many, right boys? I was 'is first mate, meself. He's been a terrible pirate ever 'ince we left 'im, cause er'ry crew he gets turns on 'im after a month!

'Sides, we 'ave proof! It's been shown tha' Cap'n Silver is the Cap'n- or should I say WAS the Cap'n- of the S.S Agnar. Yet er'ryone 'ere knows tha we Pendragons sail on the Black Ship Inkfire! Na' the Agnar! We CAN'T be 'is crew. Why, look a' the dates on tha' records! I bet they've been changed, they 'ave!

As fer the parrot, I'm 'fraid yer information is out o' date, Dougal. We BOUGHT tha' parrot off o' Mr. Island as payment fer safe passage to where ev'r e' wantered ta go- some island out in the South Sea, if'n I recall. In fact, tha' parrot is how we found out just who the scoundrel was on the run from! Sold out 'is former master fer a cracker, the bird did. Tha's why we kept 'im when we threw out Mr. Island. Tha' sort o' cutthroat spirit an' eye for good loot is jes' perfect in a pirate, an this crazy lawyer parrot's got tha' in spades. So tha' blame still lies wit' Cap'n Silver's new crew.

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:13 pm

Thank ye fer finally showing yeself, Pendragon. I was so hopin' ye'd have the guts. As I was sayin' me be Cap'n Silver an' I speak against Pendragon, a mutinous scoundrel indeed. The solution of this case be as clear as the scars on Pendragon's own back. He is innocent of harborin' Mr. Edward Island, though his crew be guilty of the crime fo' certain. How can tha' be, ye're wonderin'? Well, one does nae harbor one's own self. Pendragon be none other than Mr. Edward Island heemself. An' as he has done to heemself, he has done to me Agnar, who now bears the false name, Inkfire.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:25 pm

I've come to my ruling.

Since McDougal admitted his maps are at least partially inaccurate, I am forced to assume his fraudulent nature applies his other ventures in life. Therefore I must assume he and his associates are committing perjury. Bailiff take Mr McDougal and his associates into custody. Normally I'd enact the sentancing myself but since we have a pirate crew here I'll let them handle take the prisoners to their ship. Also since we know parrots can't be attorneys take Polly into custody too. But take him to Mr astermay hefcay on the second floor. Now before I hear the next case there will be a short recess for lunch. Court is adjourned.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

YourNewOverlord
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by YourNewOverlord » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:37 pm

How daaaaarrrrrr ye? This be CAPTAIN PENDRAGON speakin' fer me own crew, and I oughtta shoot ye right now, ye lyin', cowardly scum! How could I poss'bly be Mr. Island? E's in trouble fer violatin' his probation an' leavin' 'is company- yet I been captain o' me ship, terr'rizin' tha seas fer tha last three years! If'n I was Mr. E Island, how could I be both terrorizin an' pillagin, an' ALSO be servin' me time with tha McDougal Mapmakers company? Answer me that, ye scurvy dog!

Wha was tha', Mr. Judge? I didn' hear ye...
Oh? We won?

YAAAAAARRRRRRR!

All's well between us, McDougal- we needn't take ye prisoner. However... in return for wastin' me crew's valuable time tha' could be better spent pillagin', I wan' some compensation. So instead of takin' ye prisoner, I wan' ALL yer maps, to ALL yer treasures. Fer free. Even wit' the inaccuracies, tha' gotta be a net gain fer' us. Tha' seems fair, don' it? We kin discuss the deal on me ship.

*Captain Pendragon and his crew take McDougal and his away. Oddly enough, Pendragon's beard seems slightly askew... it must have been shaken up by all his celebrating.*

---

So anyhoo, if I'm on the winning side, that means I can be the next judge, yes? Alright then.

We Now Open Case 004- "Unlikely Alliance"

Dark Lord Bob AND Steven Steelsmith, Heroic Adventurer,
vs.
Dave's Discount Dungeons

What are the charges?

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:42 pm

I have to admit I like it better when the Judge doesn't limit the amount of witnesses on one side as done here. It would seem there are only two witnesses allowed on one of these sides. It seems to me more viable for more interest if you said Heroic Adventurers, Corp. and Evil, Inc.

YourNewOverlord
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by YourNewOverlord » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:05 pm

Hrm. I do see your point, but I don't think I've actually limited anything. Bob can have minions, Steelsmith could have adventurers and companions, for all I know there could be a scenario where other people in the dungeon come into play. I get what you're saying, so I'll try to avoid it in the future, but I think I'll leave it as is for this case and see what everyone comes up with.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:52 pm

*I'll agree, there should not be limits, as you should be able to make your own "character" for each side. but as Overlord says, we can be witnesses, minions, friends, family or whatever to those who have the case, just as in rl.

any who.

Fall Down A Pit here high judge, speaking as witness for my lord and master His eternal evilness Dark Lord Bob!

You see, My dear lord bought a dungeon at Dave's Discount Dungeons, asking if it would fulfill all his evil needs, even giving Dave's employee a full list of his minions, including our specialties! He was guaranteed it would fit all our needs!

But as you see, my lord follows a Thuntonain naming convention for his minions, as such, for one example I am named Falls Down A Pit, and as such, should Fall Down into a Pit in comical ways when the Heroes are around (Or when master is bored) but sadly (or not so much I think) there is not pits in the entire dungeon, same problem for Is Scared By Acid, Is Hit By A Dart Trap, Is Crushed By a Boulder and a lot of others...

My Master requires a full refund, plus 1.252 gold pieces as he see as his loss of income in the form of visiting heroes that did not come due to bad reputation caused by said dungeons inadequate equipment.
-Best regards LAYF

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:03 am

Gunther Desmond, Real estate agent here speaking for Daves discount dungeons.

Milord let me first address the court by saying we at Daves Discount dungeons deal in second hand dungeons and it clearly states in the deed contract that refunds are not given. We already work on the bare minimum to bring the savings directly to the customer. Given the price range Mr Bob had given us for his dungeon we found the one most suited for his needs. He wanted to save as much money as possible so agreed to have unfurnished dungeon with out all the accessories and we believe it filled the needs our client specified. There is no acid because that is an accessory, there is no boulders as that is an accessory, there is no dart traps as it is unfurnished. As for pits, there are pits but i believe the deepest on in this dungeon was around 1 foot.

We allowed him the 10 day exchange period where we would find him a new dungeon if he disliked this one, but he said and I quote - "I'll get back to you before the time is up".. We never heard from Mr Bob again until the court summons.

2 months after purchase!
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

YourNewOverlord
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by YourNewOverlord » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:52 pm

Well, given the overwhelming amount of evidence in his favor, and because he saved my life once, I shall rule in favor of Mr. Steelsmi-

What? What do you mean nobody has testified on his behalf? He doesn't have any case at all?!

This is absolutely absurd. I'm afraid I can't rule on this case until I've heard all three sides of the story, so I do hope Mr. Steelsmith and company give SOMETHING, soon, or we may be sitting in this dreary courthouse for weeks!

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:32 am

Humpry Henchman here, representing my employer Mr. S. Steelsmith!

Mr. Steelsmith and Dark lord Bob goes way back, they have had countless encounters on the epic scale of tales... how many? eh... two you honor... but I assure you they were epic.... level? ohm four your honor... but still it was great battles... greatish any ways...

So, on what was supposed to be their third encounter we came to this new lair of Bobs, and well... the level of detail and thought put into it was so low that both the groups Ranger and Rouge rage quit simply because of lack of challenge, and our wizard has said he will to, if we don't soon see at least a doodle that may resemble a magic rune just a bit.
all in all, that "dungeon" was nothing more than a long hallway.. and we have never been so disappointed on the lead up to an encounter...
-Best regards LAYF

friedkitty
Voices Opinions

Post by friedkitty » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:23 am

My name is Miss Jablonski and I am Bob's mother. He has been down in the basement for 3 weeks crying over this stupid dungeon. He won't do his laundry, He won't come out to eat, And he won't even play pokemon with his friends! As a minor, Even if this weren't the crappiest dungeon I've ever seen, He is fully within his rights to cancel the contract and receive a full refund for his purchase. The fact that a company would try to take advantage of this poor sweet child, Um I mean Dark Lord, Should make all of the employees mothers a shamed of them.
If they don't issue a full refund by the end of this trial I will personally call all of their mothers!

Yes Davie Ladner I am looking at you!

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:06 pm

:praise: and friedkitty all by himself wins the case (If I were judge) :lol: that was to good man....
-Best regards LAYF