Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:25 am

((Crap, missed that you'd posted! I was thinking about messaging you when I saw your post in Sundered then checked again... Sorry.))

Jaq leaves the dwarves where they are and moves up to the last door on this side of the intersection and pokes a head in. It also appears to have been used as a cell based on the chains hanging from the walls but there are no bodies in the room.

((Is Jaq going to look around the corner or head back down?

Everyone else, can I get a perception check at disadvantage.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:51 am

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:34 pm

My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:31 am

per: 2D20.LOW(1) = [20, 20] = 20

Uuuuuuh I think Joe stole all the luck for the next battle, sorry.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:44 pm

Since so far, he has found nothing useful, he will continue on and look around the corner. (I'm sorta back, infrequently yet)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:47 am

As Jaq move and peeks around the corner, seeing nothing but another doorway to the room he already checked Joe hears the definite sounds of light foot falls near the top of the stairs, far more than one would expect from a single elf.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:01 am

Jaq continues, not liking how far he is getting from the stairway, but he will still go to the next doorway that he has not yet checked and peeks his head around the corner.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:13 am

This room also appears to be a cell, again occupied by the bodies of three clearly dead dwarves.

Jaq knows he isn't too far from the stairs up to the level above.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:41 pm

He will back track to the corner room he just passed, where there is an entrance from each hall, and take a bit of a longer look/search in the room before heading back towards the stairway he started from.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:06 am

Jaq notes there are loose chains on the wall along with something old and unpleasant in the spots where there would have been prisoners. Leaving the room he heads back south towards the stairs.

((Can I get another perception check from Jaq please.))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:13 am

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:30 am

Jaq hears soft foot steps moving quickly down the hallway he was just in, moving his direction.

((At this point I think Joe would have mentioned to Lurn and Kroshav that she heard something from up the stairs?))

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:47 pm

(Ah sorry I didn't see that)

Joe pulls on Lurns and Kroshav's clothes. "Thar's somethin' upstairs. We need ta get."

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:31 pm

Jaq will hide in the room he is closest to. He will hide along the wall near the door and so that when the (drow) passes the room, he can maybe see a bit of him/her as they walk past and away.
If that makes sense.

Stealth: 1D20+11 = [12]+11 = 23

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:20 pm

At Joe's warning, Lurn starts carefully edging down the stairs.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:48 am

Joe quietly follows lurn.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:32 am

Kroshav brings up the rear.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:59 am

Jaq slides into the room with the dwarven corpses, up close they are pretty rank. He presses himself against the wall so anyone looking in would have to step in and turn to see him. This unfortunately means he can't see them either but he does hear them whispering as they go by,
► Show Spoiler
In the stairs Lurn and Joe both hear soft foot steps move down but stop before they turn the corner. Joe hears whispered voices but Lurn hears and understands,
► Show Spoiler
((@Jaq, what are you going to do? The voices are fading away but you know they aren't likely to go far before they realize Jaq is not where they expect him.

@Everyone else, somebody lifted and carried Mikram away with you? How far in are you going? Same muddy room setup as the otherside.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:10 am

((Tactically, probably makes most sense for Lurn to continue carrying? But Kroshav wouldn't have let him get left behind.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:10 am

((Tactically, probably makes most sense for Lurn to continue carrying? But Kroshav wouldn't have let him get left behind.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:17 pm

((He is also the only one of you that can see without a light. Probably should take him!))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:15 pm

((I hadn't even considered Lurn putting him down. Better to keep the immobile person ready to move if they'd come further.))

Lurn fumbles to give little tugs on the others before continuing to back down the stairs until he judges a safe distance to whisper, "They're planning to attack Jaq when he comes back to the stairs. There are multiple, and at least one keeping watch for anything coming up to stairs. We can go for them now, or wait for Jaq and pincer them."
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:31 pm

"If we go now, Jaq can pop 'em from the other side, if we wait, they might get a few good licks in on him?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:27 pm

Jaq grimaces when he hears that they have seen him.
Pausing for a very short moment to think, he decides he will head out the door to the north hall, and continue quietly east and peer into the next room, irritated that he was both seen, and that he has found nothing of interest or help.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:26 am

((@NSF, Jaq was actually a room down from the room that had an exit to the north hall and west hall before he heard the drow. He could attempt to get to that room but as you'd be moving up a hallway without cover for a 30ish odd feet you'll need to roll me a d20. You want low.))

As you're conversing about what to do about the drow at the top of the stairs, Lurn and Joe don't hear any more talking though Mikram whispers to Lurn,

"Aye can still see the bottom of the stairs so if any drow come down there they'll see us."

((The mud room is difficult terrain, which I am assuming you're crossing or have crossed? If you haven't, a drow coming down the stairs will see you. If you have you're going to be slower coming to Jaq's aid (if that is even needed!)))