The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20989

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:06 am

Tren and Galt lay down some distracting fire, both of their attacks hitting the loose sand in front of the creatures as Dornikal sprints up and around to the west, taking position above them.

Coljin concentrates, and calls on his Lady to grant his companions focus and skill.

((Dornikal is ~15-20 ft up, depending on if you are looing south or east (higher to the east as it slopes down))

Image

((Zokk and Ulmwin!))
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
The Lost
Indulges in Conversation
Posts: 791

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:21 am

Zokk bow: 1D20+1D4+4 = [17]+[1]+4 = 22
1D8+4 = [3]+4 = 7
1D20+1D4+4 = [19]+[4]+4 = 27
1D8+4 = [2]+4 = 6



Zokk's crew will hold until the beasts get closer.




....And I have not been keeping track of arrows....sorry

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 14061

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:43 am

Ulmwin orders his hunters to ready their melee weapons, now, wanting to save their last javelin throws should an urgent case arise. Ordering them to dodge, for now, while the enemy will presumably get closer... While he of course continues pelting from a safe range.

Fire bolt: 1D20 = [12] = 12
2D10 = [4, 8] = 12

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20989

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:01 am

Ulmwin's attack kicks up a forceful blast as it impacts with a *thudthud* among the legs of one of the creatures.

Zokk sends a pair of arrows into their prey.

As the flames die down, the creatures stream forward, chittering angrily.

((Ulmwin's squad can make their attack, I don't have any others noted as being held, but if you do, go for it.))
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 14061

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:22 am


User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7466
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:03 pm

Longbow attack 1: 1D20+6 = [8]+6 = 14 (Not sure this hit. Probably yes with Coljin's help.)

longbow damage 1: 1D8+3 = [1]+3 = 4

Longbow attack 2: 1D20+6 = [6]+6 = 12 (Don't know)

longbow damage 2: 1D8+3 = [5]+3 = 8

Randy's squad will wait until the Cow eaters are within optimal range for a javalin attack.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20989

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:50 am

Ulmwin's squad unleashes a barrage of javelins, but the lead creature answers with a gout of flame, the one skittering up alongside it flaming Randy's squad as well.

Image

Randy fires off a pair of arrows.

((Roll for your Bless, you've a chance to hit with both, depending.))
((Randy's bughunters are within range for their last javelins.))

((Dex saves for Randy and Ulmwin's groups! They have +3 to Saves, and need a DC 13, so just have to roll 10 or better.))
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 14061

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:24 am

dex save: 1D20+3 = [2]+3 = 5


I pity these poor dragonborn who's life relies on my luck...

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7486

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:31 am

Dornikal throws two javelins down on the coweater just leaving the cave and Tren and Galt both attack the east most fire breathing one.

Tren normal crossbow shot and a blessed Galt javelin : 1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24
1D8+2 = [4]+2 = 6
1D20+5+1D4 = [7]+5+[2] = 14
1D6+3 = [2]+3 = 5

Tren crit: 1D8 = [4] = 4

Dornikal javelins: 1D20+7 = [1]+7 = 8
1D6+4 = [4]+4 = 8
1D20+7 = [10]+7 = 17
1D6+4 = [4]+4 = 8


((Accidently rolled the first attacks Anonymous, sorry))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20989

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:56 am

Ulmwin's crew is slow getting out of the way, taking the hit, but their innate fire resistance weathering it as best they can.

Galt and Tren alternate positions on the west side of the bluff, and take down one of the lead creatures. Dornikal rains a pair of javelins down on the creatures just emerging.

Image

((@Dornikal, How many javelins do you have remaining? You can throw two if you have at least one drawn at the start of turn, but if you're left with none in hand at end of turn, you'll only be able to throw one next turn. Drawing is your free object interaction, you get one of those per turn, so can't draw two in the same turn.))

((@Randy, Roll for your Bless, you've a chance to hit with both, depending. Your bughunters are within range for their last javelins, and will want to roll Dex saves! They have +3 to Saves, and need a DC 13, so just have to roll 10 or better.))

((Gnomes and Zokk are up!))
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
The Lost
Indulges in Conversation
Posts: 791

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:36 am

"Eeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!" Zokk makes a noise out of fear, the fire is way too close for their liking. Zokk will unleash arrows at the second nearest to the back.

arrows: 1D20+1D4+4 = [17]+[3]+4 = 24
1D8+4 = [4]+4 = 8
1D20+1D4+4 = [17]+[2]+4 = 23
1D8+4 = [6]+4 = 10


Zokk squad will head up towards the nearest bug and if possible stab it.

Stabby stab: 4D6+8 = [1, 4, 6, 2]+8 = 21

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20989

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:04 am

Zokk sends two arrows into one of their enemies, and is startled as one of the squads of dragonborn moves up and finishes the lead creature, only to get bathed in flame from the one behind!

[imgur busted]

((@Dornikal, How many javelins do you have remaining? You can throw two if you have at least one drawn at the start of turn, but if you're left with none in hand at end of turn, you'll only be able to throw one next turn. Drawing is your free object interaction, you get one of those per turn, so can't draw two in the same turn.))

((@Randy, Roll for your Bless, you've a chance to hit with both, depending. Your bughunters are within range for their last javelins, and will want to roll Dex saves! They have +3 to Saves, and need a DC 13, so just have to roll 10 or better.))

((Zokk, roll DEX Save +3 for your dragonborn!))

((Gnomes are up!))
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
The Lost
Indulges in Conversation
Posts: 791

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:15 am


User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20989

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:31 am

They are slightly crispy.

((@Dornikal, How many javelins do you have remaining? You can throw two if you have at least one drawn at the start of turn, but if you're left with none in hand at end of turn, you'll only be able to throw one next turn. Drawing is your free object interaction, you get one of those per turn, so can't draw two in the same turn.))

((@Randy, Roll for your Bless, you've a chance to hit with both, depending. Your bughunters are within range for their last javelins, and will want to roll Dex saves! They have +3 to Saves, and need a DC 13, so just have to roll 10 or better.))

((Gnomes are up!))
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7486

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:48 pm

((Dornikal is out of javelins. He was going to start the process of switching to the heavy crossbow next round.

Last turn he didn't attack so the javelin draw issue wouldn't have been a problem. Two rounds ago I think it was an issue but he missed once so maybe it's a wash two hits with javelins ... a cow eater turns back to yellow from red?))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20989

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:58 pm

Image

((Yeah, not an issue for these two since he dashed last turn. Nothing should have got back to live?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7466
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:56 pm

(( I'll post when I get access to the home computer. May be a bit late tonight.))


Edit:

bless: 1D4 = [2] = 2

javelin attack: 1D20+6 = [8]+6 = 14

javelin attack damage: 4D6+8 = [6, 2, 2, 3]+8 = 21


Dodge:

Dex: 1D20+3 = [3]+3 = 6

:roll: ((They used all their good moves showing off to Randy earlier it seems....))

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7486

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:45 am

((Okay, I meant that maybe those 6 points of damage were the turning point and the coweater would return from the dead!))

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3247
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:11 am

While mainly concentrating on continuing his spell, Coljin will casually aim his crossbow at the bugs. He will aim at the one second back from the front rank.

Crossbow attack: 1D20+4 = [13]+4 = 17

Xbow damage: 1D8+1 = [2]+1 = 3


The dragonborn move northwest 10 feet then the rest of their movement just north and then hurl their last javelins at the bugs. They will aim at the closest fire-bug.

javelin damage: 4D8+8 = [2, 7, 6, 3]+8 = 26

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20989

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:25 am

((Might be that 6 matters, but there's been plenty of overkill (especially on bughunter hits), so I'm not going to go back and track 6 damage. There's plenty more angry not-ants swarming out of this colony.))

Amidst the chaos, Randy puts two arrows in the lead creature, and his dragonborn follow him up by just dropping it.

Coljin plinks the one, and his squad of dragonborn move up, but the foes are a bit out of their range... (can either roll again for disadvantage, hold action to throw when one is in range, or dash forward more? Or something else?))

Image


((Ulmwin is up!))
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 14061

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:33 am

Ulmwin orders the bughunters up, to be right besides the others for now, dodging for now (can't get in range from what I see)

Ulmwin of course, sticks to the sorcerers' special of flinging fire bolts.

fire bolt: 1D20 = [9] = 9
2D10 = [3, 1] = 4

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20989

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:47 am

((Ulmwin's bughunters are in range if they still have javelins, but if they threw their last, then yes they are outside of melee range. If they have javelins to throw, go ahead and roll, as your crackling blasts of energy kick up sand, but nothing else.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3247
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:51 am

Coljin's squad will wait and hold action until a bug comes into range.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 14061

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:56 am

((They got one ranged attack in reserve, but for now he wants them to save it))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20989

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:12 am

It seems that the creatures may have just been fighting a delaying tactic, as the ground near the bugsquads shifts and rumbles as clacking carapaces emerge, chitinous heads whipping back and forth as they sight in targets for their flame...

...and more of the creatures boil out of the entrance, clacking and clicking.

Image

((Coljin's bugsquads have held attack! Their targets are now in melee range. Reminder of retainer card if you don't have it saved in spoiler below...))
► Show Spoiler


((Fiery Cow Eaters are up after Bughunter held attack!))
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply