The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13988

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:29 am

Ulmwin orders his bug squad forward, to end up at the bottom right of the frontal unit, and have them ready their spears. They'll throw once any bugs get in range for a decent shot... Or before their round starts again, failing that.

_: 1D20 = [7] = 7
1D20 = [20] = 20
4D6+8 = [2, 4, 2, 4]+8 = 20


(There goes a crit in each case!)

Ulmwin himself meanwhile, sprints to be at the south (or bottom) side of the overhang the others are hiding up on.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20881

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:51 am

Ulwmin moves over, and his squad positions themselves, while the creature at the tunnel mouth, having taken a number of arrows, skitters backwards in alarm, heading deeper into the tunnels...

Those to the west approach slowly, antennae waving as they chitter across the sand...

Image
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7393

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:06 am

Dornikal shifts to face the new threat, holding a javelin shot until they close within 30.

Galt and Tren hold their shots until the creatures get into their ranges.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20881

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:19 pm

In Draconic:
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7437
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:17 pm

Randy translates for the others and then replies in Draconic.

► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20881

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:59 pm

((Anyone else doing anything, or should I cycle back around to the critters?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 709

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:01 pm

Getting the squads up will help

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20881

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:05 pm

((If you wanted to pack it in up there, you could put two up there, but it would be tight. Remaining two (and Dornikal and Ulmwin) would not have room.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13988

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:34 pm

((Yeah, Ulmwin stayed down because it seemed a bit crowded. :P ))

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 709

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:45 pm

So ulmwin is bait then? :p

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20881

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:08 pm

((He's the bard, that goes without saying. :chuckle: ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7437
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:21 pm

((How close is the next bunch. I know Randy can't switch Hunter's Mark to them without recasting (gotta conserve those spell slots, though), but he can likely still soften them up.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20881

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:25 am

((100 ft or so.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13988

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:54 am

((You're all just jealous of his CHA stat!))

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7437
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:07 am

Randy picks as a target the next closest creature, takes careful aim, and fires two shots in rapid succession.

longbow attack 1: 1D20+6 = [18]+6 = 24

longbow damage: 1D8+3 = [3]+3 = 6

longbow attack 2: 1D20+6 = [15]+6 = 21

longbow damage: 1D8+3 = [8]+3 = 11

Total: 17

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20881

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:17 pm

Dornikal and his friends stand ready.

Randy fires off a pair of arrows at the ones to the west, punching into one of them.

The two skitter to the east, drawing close to the party.

Image

**Still outside short range for most of you, including dragonborn.))
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 709

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:01 pm

Zokk will hold attack until within longbow’s short range, and the crew will hold until 30’of them

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20881

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:07 pm

((Forgot you had longbow. It's in range for that at about 90 ft.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 709

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:04 pm


User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7393

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:54 pm

Repeat of last turn, waiting for them to get into normal ranged attack distances and then firing/throwing.

Post Reply