The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 422

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:03 pm

(Oh! Okay. Well 3 darts are better than 0 darts when going against those fire creatures.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7275
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:27 pm

(( How late in the evening is it? If it's not too late, Randy will see if he can chase down some of the vespery squad and try sparring with them to get an idea of their capabilities.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20461

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:03 pm

((It's as late as you want it to be, so sure! I'll address that when I get a chance from the computer tonight.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20461

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:28 pm

Randy and any who wish to join him, meet up with the gem cutter's many great granddaughter where she is training with the three other members of her squad. She explains that there are others that will be joining you, but that their hunting groups normally operate in groups of four, and their units have been kept in the new function for which they've been training.

You note that three of them are brass dragonborn, and one is red... all who would be better able to withstand a fire-spitting enemy. They are likewise similarly kitted out, in leathers with a spear and a short bow, and all handle their weapons as if they know well their use.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7275
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:09 am

[Randy takes his time looking them over. He points to one at random and gestures him forward.
► Show Spoiler
Randy unlimbers his shield and readies his rapier.

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 422

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:31 am

Zokk watches the sparing between the dragonkin and Randy.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20461

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:26 pm

One of the dragonborn looks to their leader, and after receiving a nod, squares up across from Randy, spear held at the ready, point angled downward.

((They are taking the Dodge action, and letting you go first, which would then be at disadvantage.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7275
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:53 am

Attack 1:
1d20+7 = [8] = 15

1d20+7 = [20] = 27


attack 2:

1d20+7 = [7] = 14

1d20+7 = [17] = 24


attack 3 (bonus action):

1d20+7 = [10] = 17

1d20+7 = [2] = 9

Disadvantage attack rolls: 15, 14, 9


((Since this was to first touch, I didn't roll damage.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20461

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:16 am

((Unless you're doing dual shortswords, it's just the two attacks I believe?))

As you dart forward with the first attack you nearly hit them, but they swing their spear to intercept, your rapier just barely sliding past across their leathers. They manage to avoid your second strike, and then dart forward with their own, spear thrusting.

The off target thrust seems to be a feint, as the spin fluidly, the butt of their spear cracking across your back as the move around you and stand ready to accept your attacks.

_: 1D20+6 = [1]+6 = 7
1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25


((They parried, otherwise the 15 would have hit, but got their lick in, and are giving you a chance to attack without them dodging.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7275
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:18 am

Randy's eyes light up and he has a large grin on his face.
► Show Spoiler

Attack 1:

1d20+7 = [8] = 15

Attack 2:

1d20+7 = [1] = 8

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20461

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:59 pm

They parry your first attack and slip around the second, spear whirling in their hands, the first thrust sliding off your shield, but the second halting against your side for a moment's pause before being withdrawn.

Spear: 1D20+6 = [8]+6 = 14
1D20+6 = [16]+6 = 22

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7275
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:25 pm

(( Clarification: Exactly WHEN can I employ a bonus action? Anytime in the round or only after the 1st two actions? I've got something in mind, but how I do it depends on what I can do and when I can do it.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20461

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:17 pm

((Any time, though there may be some uses of BA that have restrictions, or effects that mean you want/need to do it before or after attacks. Just mentioning before that you don't have the ability to make an additional main hand attack as a bonus action, unless there is some item/feature Randy has I'm not remembering.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7275
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:38 pm

Randy gets a glint in his eye.
► Show Spoiler
He lifts his rapier and speaks in a strange, tongue twisting language, "⋔⟟⌇⏁⊬ ⌇⏁⟒⌿!", and vanishes in a white, glowing mist... ((Bonus Action: Cast Misty Step))

....only to immediately reappear 5 foot BEHIND his opponent!

rapier attack 1: 1D20+7 = [15]+7 = 22

rapier attack 2: 1D20+7 = [12]+7 = 19

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20461

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:03 am

They are certainly taken by surprise, and they nod to acknowledge the pair of touches, grounding the point of their spear.

((Nice!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7275
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:00 pm

(( :chuckle: Thanks! I've been waiting for an opportunity to try that one. Randy is starting to become a mobility specialist with a few tricks up his sleeve.))

Randy gives him comradely pat on the shoulder. Initially he addresses his opponent, and then addresses the whole group.
► Show Spoiler
Randy demonstrates by placing the other dragonborn in a tight diamond formation with instructions to watch their quadrant, then repeats his trick with Misty Step going from in front of the leader to the right flank.

1d20+7 = [12] = 19

1d20+7 = [3] = 10

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 422

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:44 pm

Draconic
► Show Spoiler
Zokk waits for them to be clustered before stomping on the ground, roots quickly digging through the sand before speading out to grab the group. (Entangle) on as many as possible. (Str Dc 14, then str/dex

Draconic: ”Suurprise!”

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20461

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:54 pm

Randy scores a touch on the right-most dragonborn, as roots erupt from the ground, managing to snag that dragonborn, but the others burst free. The caught one doesn't manage to break out, but two converge on Zokk, while the fourth keeps Randy occupied.
The one on Randy gets past his defenses with one of their jabs, while Zokk gets touched twice.
((Zokk wouldn't like the suurprise they are capable of!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7275
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:45 pm

"Excellent!"
Randy repeats the same in Draconic. He salutes his opponent and with a flourish sheaths his rapier.
► Show Spoiler
Randy is feeling much more confident now that he's seen the Vesper squad in action.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20461

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:54 pm

((They also have fire breath, though that is of dubious utility against fire breathing bugs, but yes, they seem well trained and competent. Randy would judge that a squad of four would be a match for at least twice their number of the Galistri guards.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 422

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:57 pm

Zokk tries to touch 2 of them and then Randy, weaving between them easily and moves far from Randy. No AoO due to mobility

1d20+7 = [11] = 18 1d20+7 = [1] = 8 1d20+7 = [19] = 26

Draconic ”Can make spike plaants buut doo noot want huurt friends.”




(Oh yea. There is a good chance they’d run away or try to knock them out, depending)

Post Reply