The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7162
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:41 am

When he gets to the tower, Randy goes looking for Kreldoran, or in the event of not finding him, Szartha.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6715

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:46 am

((And the letter from Zephyr?))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20192

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:48 am

Ulmwin's voice is different now too. It's weird, but Renny likes it. 'Huuurrmm, hhuuurrr!"

(Zephyr's letter when I'm at the computer next.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Likes to Contribute
Posts: 208

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:04 am

Zokk looks around for the ‘city’ of dragonborn.


(Phhht. How tall would Zokk be with that? They already super tall...maybe close to 16’ or more?)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20192

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:20 am

((Double height, next larger size category, and 8 times the weight.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Likes to Contribute
Posts: 208

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:24 am

(So 14’4, large and almost 6,000 pounds :o)

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Lecturer in Training
Posts: 2952
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:39 pm

"So, Ulmwin, you know more about this type of magic than I do, you think this will wear off, or is this the new you?"

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20192

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:57 pm

Randy finds Kreldoran inside taking measurements and checking on his tower and the damage it sustained.

"Yes, how can I help you, Randerwaith?"

Zokk and Griff, who is running around accompanying his new friend, while his old friend is puttering around inside, see not a city city, but there is something of a tent city, various hides and canvas stretched across the leeward side of the dune.

The two that greeted you are very interested in Griff as well.

Dornikal hands off Zephyr's letter.
Hey Randy, Holger, Tess, Ulmwin, Coljin, and Maji. I'm doing a job for the dwarf, since you couldn't wait another day to take me with you. Thanks for having my back since the Vale, you all did an adequate job. I think I'm gonna set off on my own for a bit. Try not to get into too much trouble without me there to save you. I'd tell you I'm going to miss you, but you'll probably miss me even more. Until our paths cross again, keep your blades sharp.

Zephyr

PS. The chair is mine, I'll be back for it.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13821

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:17 pm

"It's... Very hard to say. These items are quite wondrous, so... It's not completely unlikely it might be permanent. But it is VERY rare for magic to make things so. So, I expect to turn back to normal... In a matter of hours to days. If not... Well, just another oddity in the group, heh..."

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7162
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:41 pm

" How much damage did the tower take? Is it going to hold up? Also, I wanted to remind you about our agreement before we all get distracted again. Information on the Gate of the Worlds for our help. "

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20192

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:48 pm

"She's a bit battered... I'm trying to make sure that I take care of any necessary repairs before trying to shift location. I recall we said we were going to have a discussion about it... did we ever have that discussion?"

Kreldoran does seem a bit scattered.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7162
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:24 pm

Randy gives Kreldoran a disappointed look. "I'm going to find that thing, with or without your help. I really don't have any choice in the matter. And I'd rather get there before an army of abberations start to come through."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20192

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:39 pm

He puts down the instrument he has in hand, "I'm sorry lad, I'm not giving you the attention this discussion warrants. I'm running calculations on what it will take to get the tower fixed... but that can wait. I'm genuinely asking, did we have that discussion already, or do we still need to have it? You and the others have done right by me, and shown you can handle yourselves."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7162
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:16 pm

Randy sighs. "Not yet, no. Let's worry about your tower today and the dragon borns' feast tonight. Tomorrow should be soon enough I would think."

The Lost
Likes to Contribute
Posts: 208

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:05 pm

Draconic ”Heello? Wheeree city? With...buildings out of rock?

Zokk pauses a bit, thinking about something “Want find leeadeer. Wheeree aree theey?

(Hopefully that is easier to read for you spider. I didn’t mean to make it hard on ya.)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6715

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:05 am

((Dornikal still has the orb I think? Or has that been passed over?))

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 9127
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:18 am


User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20192

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:46 am

"Alright, then. I agree that the Gate should not be opened, and if there are those who are trying, they ought to be stopped."

((I wasn't complaining Burns, I was just noting that Zokk's speech patterns are such that other characters have to pay attention when they speak!))

"City? City is not yet."
"Elders? I can get."
"Is small dragon, yes?"


One of them hurries off to get some of the leaders of their group, returning with an trio of elderly dragonborn, one bronze, one silver, and one green.

"You have asking?"

Gordon, you see nothing that reminds you of 'home', but are able to tell that a fair number of the things in here are magical in some degree, and should be handled with care.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 9127
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:48 am

Gordon comes back down from the tower and moves towards the tent city.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20192

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:20 am

Kreldoran recruits a couole of you available to assist as he assesses how much damage the tower has taken and what more he'll need to get it back to functional.

After another hours work, during which he had been muttering, taking measurements and doing calculations, he sighs.

"Dornikal, you're the gem guy, I don't suppose you have two thousand in diamonds, and another three in other gems? My tower is stuck here until then."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6715

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:35 am

Dornikal coughs and makes a show of looking through his pockets.

"Well...lets see. Uh no, about eight-teen hundred and two thousand short, respectively. Holger had a big gem but aye haven't seen it, ruby aye think? It was probably worth about a thousand or so? Probably can talk with the dragonborn about some other semi-precious to close the gap but diamonds are a problem."

He scratches his stubble and asks dumbly,

"Ye know of any mines nearby ye portal to? Or can ye do a little jump with what we got?"

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 9127
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:29 am

Gordon attempts to spread his religion among the dragonborn people.

The Lost
Likes to Contribute
Posts: 208

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:51 am

Zokk thinks for a bit ”Draagoon kin dieed fight moonsteer. I think-nooo, I knoow Uncle Maji wood wanteed to see dragoon kin.”

“I knoow Maji wood want yoou too have part oof him. Pareent tree grew me aroond Maji, but I can give soome too yoou foor moorning.”




(Oh okay. I am still not sure how Zokk’s speak will be for draconic so there maybe a few alterations when speaking. But for common, the vowels are longer, as if they are speaking in a slowish manner. I figured since Draconic is more... innate then they would have a better grasp at it and speak it a bit better.)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20192

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:17 am

Gordon sees Zokk on the ridge speaking to some dragonborn, Griff comes romping through the sand to greet you.
► Show Spoiler
Gordon arrives and joins Zokk.

"Ah, little person, big brave, much honor." one of the elders remarks in draconic, as they bow towards Gordon as well as Zokk.

"Maji.... is family to you? We do not know Maji."

((Sure, that sounds reasonable! Anyway you want to flavor it is fine by me, I was only remarking that Zokk's usual dialogue is a bit drawn out compared to those with more standard speaking anatomy!))

((Gordon, what are you going to do to attempt to spread a religion you hazily remember among people you don't share a language with?))

"If you think they've got a line on gems, I suppose we can ask. They did seem pretty grateful, we can see if they are thousands of gold grateful."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Likes to Contribute
Posts: 208

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:30 am

”Yes and nooo. Noot blooood, noor knoow much, buut is part oof me. Maji is dragoon kin. Wanteed seee otheer dragoon kin and bee with theem. ”

Post Reply