Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
NotStickFigures
Lecturer in Training
Posts: 2754
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:34 pm


User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6111

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:50 am

The night passes rather loudly as most of the deconscripts call it a night far later than the group. The soldiers have set up a patrol around the camp, just a pair around the entire camp. Celus and Indra don't see anything they think is worth reporting to the next watch. Jaq sees that things have died down by the time he starts his watch and Lurn joins him for the first bit. Lurn spots a deconscript moving between otherwise sleeping campsites. They seem to be trying to be sneaky. The soldiers are more interested in watching the trees rather than the camp.

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13499
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:35 pm

Watching the moving figure, Lurn mutters to Jaq, "Think we should address that? Might just be heading for the latrine."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6111

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:38 am

((In the time that Lurn has watched the person has moved between three separate campsites. If it is looking for a latrine it is especially bad at it. Or really drunk.))

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Lecturer in Training
Posts: 2754
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:41 am

"He's probably stealing from sleeping people. But that will be hard to prove and we really aren't the authorities here, we could watch him, but it might cause a big argument if we confront him. Might be better to let sleeping dragons lie and not bother with him, just make sure he doesn't come near us."

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13499
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:14 am

"We're the ones who showed up late, a group that was released yesterday, and we carry a lot of coin on us. If complaints and suspicions of theft start up, we'd be the most suspicious ones. What, are we to say we saw someone stealing from the others and chose to do nothing? I can't condone doing nothing about such a thing, myself. These are simple people, with little to their name, and you propose we let their rewards for risking their lives be taken from them? That's not right. Not at all."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Lecturer in Training
Posts: 2754
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:03 am

((is there someone in charge that we can report this to??))

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 5212

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Quarg » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:14 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:14 pm
”We shoulda be soft ta her n hear her troubles. Tha guard shouldnae be near her when talkin ta ‘er. O she may get upset. If ye want Ah can try ta talk ta her first ta see if she be more willin ta share ‘er side o tha story ta ya.”
(Life again gets in the way...))

Cary eyes her..."Fine we will see if you can get more out of her...however I think it would be better to say that you know another elf..." Cary points to herself..."That might be able to help her but your going to need to explain her side of the story..."
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6111

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:50 am

NotStickFigures wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:03 am
((is there someone in charge that we can report this to??))
((There are some (about a dozen) soldiers moving around but they don't act like they are concerned with the activity of the large deconscript group beyond what they need to protect it from outside attack and get its members home. Jaq would not be sure how they would react.))

---
((I take that to mean that Cary is waiting on Joe to make the introductions?))

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Lecturer in Training
Posts: 2754
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:47 am

"Ok, Lurn, but I'm just guessing that they might be stealing, who knows, maybe they are just doing something else. What do you want think we should do? I could try quietly sneaking after them and watching what exactly is happening."

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 5212

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Quarg » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:24 am

(She agreed to follow Joe's method...Cary really doesn't have good leverage against the dwarf besides her name...))
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

The Lost
Mumbles Incoherently
Posts: 13

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:39 pm

In dwarvish ”’ello thar. Ah found someun tha maybeh able ta help yer situt’n, but she needs ta know yer side o tha story first.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6111

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:20 pm

Ghram nods and Cary and Joe are let inside the small, warm building. The dwarven woman is sitting with her back against the wooden wall eyes closed as the pair enter but she quickly gains her feet and looks at Joe, her eyebrow quirking up as she looks at Cary then back to Joe saying, in dwarven,

"An' who the hells are ye now to be findin' meh help and gettin' let inta places under guard? Ye some kind of little spy then?" She then yells in common, "and the pig lovers outside know aye dinna do a thing to that old hag!"

She adds a few more colorful expletives before looking back to Cary with distaste and anger, saying in dwarven,

"Ye want ta know meh side of the story lass? Aye didn't have anything to do with that thief's death. Aye'm a citizen of the Kingdom and ye dinna have any right to hold meh without proof."

((Insight from Joe and Cary. Plus whatever else you might like to roll.))

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13499
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:12 pm

"Hrmm, if we can work out what they're doing for sure, that would be for the best."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

The Lost
Mumbles Incoherently
Posts: 13

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by The Lost » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:51 pm

”Tha guards seem ta dislike me alias even if it be perfetly legal n ah have some o tha pap’rwork fer it... so me name be Shaldia Cottonwood.

“Ah annae a spy, but Ahmma tryin’ ta help em solve tha mud’r. Ah thought meh magik would helo but Ah annae done much but be a hind’r.”

Joe holds her hat in her hands rubbing it “Ah feel guilty abou nay escortin’ ‘er out o tha city. Ah feel like Ah coulda prevent’d ‘er death. Ah wanna get ta tha bottom o this so it nay be naggin’ on meh mind.”

Insight [1d20] = 13 Persuasion w dwarven belt [1d20+4] = 16+4 = 20[1d20+4] = 19+4 = 23P

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Lecturer in Training
Posts: 2754
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:05 am

Jaq nods at Lurn and then says, "I will sneak over and watch them then and see what they are doing." He takes of his backpack and hands it to Lurn, "Watch this for me please, so that if I need to do something they don't think I have been going around and stealing the coins and stuff that are in my pack from the caravan."
Jaq pulls up the hood on his new cloak and then goes off sneaking to watch the sneaker.

Stealth with advantage: 2D20.HIGH(1)+11 = [13, 3]+11 = 24

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 5212

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Quarg » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:28 am

Insight: 1D20+1 = [10]+1 = 11


Cary doesn't think that the dwarf is going to care about Joe's guilt...but she tries to remember any appropriate dwarven says regarding friends and trouble or turning friends into enemies

History Check: 1D20+3 = [12]+3 = 15


Also Cary recalls the punishment for lying to an investigator...since she has the dwarf on that...
(I'm going to assume that is just within her knowledge base based on her background)
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6111

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:02 am

Jaq comes silently up behind the person skulking around, he can now make out that they are a half elven man. They don't notice Jaq as they enter a tent quietly and reach around inside a bag before dropping it and moving to another. Jaq can't see exactly what he is doing, his body blocks most of the view, but things are clearly being placed in a smaller bag the half elf has with him.
---
The dwarven woman listens to Joe's confession with a hard look but does seem swayed by her feelings of responsibility. She gives Joe a sympathetic nod.

Cary remembers the phrase, "Sending a friend to the old mine..." Being used for to indicate an action that likely results in a loss of a friend one way or the other. Lying to an investigator in the Kingdom would get you locked up and probably put on a work detail. That remembered, she also knows the Kingdom's citizens don't put a great deal faith in external law enforcements' abilities and there is a general mistrust of them and there supposed tendency to lock up 'innocent' dwarves.

Neither Joe nor Cary think either the anger or what was said ring false.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Lecturer in Training
Posts: 2754
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:45 am

While watching this occur, Jaq gets his bow in hand and readies it.
He waits for the man to exit the tent and once he and the man are away from the tent and not really close to anyone else's tent, (as much as that is possible), Jaq says in a creepy whisper type voice, but loud enough that the man can hear, "Drop the bags of stolen goods and leave the camp, or get an arrow to your head. Your choice."

Intimidation: 1D20+1 = [7]+1 = 8

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6111

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:33 pm

The man freezes in his creeping and holds for a long moment, considering. Slowly he turns head to find the source of the whisper. In an equally low tone the man replies as he looks around, still seemingly unable to find Jaq,

"You'd have shot me now if you was going to and you ain't no soldier else you'da come with friends. Where in the Nine Hells you hiding and who says I'm taking anything?"

He hand is slowly, but clearly, moving to his side.

Insight: 1D20+2 = [9]+2 = 11


((Just reminding you that Jaq has got a weak arm that he hasn't spent anytime getting into shape. Shooting the bow is going to be significantly more difficult.))

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Lecturer in Training
Posts: 2754
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:34 am

(Does Lurn see what his going on, or at least see the suspect?)

At this point, still being hidden, Jaq stays quiet and waits to see what the man is going to do. He takes a moment to make sure he memorizes the mans face and clothing.
What weapons is he carrying?

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6111

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:27 am

((Lurn can see both of you, he had a great perception roll.))

The man squints into the darkness and, not getting a response, turns slowly while pulling out a dagger. He doesn't appear to have any other weapons. His clothes are fairly typical make for a person without much money, oft repaired and dirty. Colors are difficult to discern in the darkness but Jaq would hazard they are likely muted browns and grays. His hair is shaggy and he has it pulled into a loose ponytail. It looks to be blond or light brown. His other features are plain enough but Jaq gets a good enough look that he is confident he could identify him later.

Post Reply