Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 19436

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 20, 2020 5:40 am

To Lurn, "Our paths may be heading the same way, then, if you'd like to have me."


"Oh... alright, thanks.", Kroshav says, a bit crestfallen.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 17385
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 20, 2020 5:56 am

”Well thar annae nay much conj’rat’n wizards out thar.

Ah guess Ah do meed tha pearl then.”


(Fair enough.)

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13442
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Wed May 20, 2020 7:06 am

"Hm, it's good to know the fallen would have been sought out even in a field temporarily lost to the enemies, but I might as well look too, and join you, Kroshav. No need to rush my journey."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5979

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Wed May 20, 2020 7:36 am

The elf says, without looking up, a hint of irritation creeping into his voice,

"You are looking for a specific horse asset? Check corrals three, five and six. All assets of that type that have been acquired and not written off are stored there. Unless the asset you are seeking is in current use or has been removed from the totals it should be in one of those."

Tarneth guides you out of the busy tent.

"So, we have three corrals Charlie might be in. Do we want to split up and check and meet somewhere or go together? I don't know which corrals are which so we are going to need ask."
---
The gnome gives a toothy grin,

"I conduct somewhat regular business with four, though none are nearly as beautiful as you!"

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 19436

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 20, 2020 7:47 am

"Thank you for the information, you've been very helpful.", Kroshav says warmly as they depart.

---

"I'm up for splitting up, Charlie knows me and Sir Tarneth best, Lurn and Celus, if you're up for helping, do you think you can recognize Charlie? Bay with white feet and top of his muzzle, black mane and tail?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5979

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Wed May 20, 2020 8:04 am

Tarneth nods and checks with someone in the logistics tent about directions.

Celus gives a maybe gesture with his hand, "Maybe? I haven't every actually seen this horse before? Maybe together with Lurn we can find him? Does he answer to his name or?"

Tarneth returns and provides directions to the corrals, along with a slip of paper to each person.

"This paper allows you to stay in the camp to check the corrals and to return here, but you will need to be out by sundown. You have a couple of hours before that. Which one you going to try Kroshav? Which should I?"

((So you have corrals 3, 5 and 6.))
-
Jaq and continue waiting by the bridge looking for Kroshav and Lurn. Indra manages to get some seats on some benches looking at the river and bridge. She asks after the first hour,

"How long we going to wait for them here?"

Jolly and Dama are busy with whatever they are busy with on a different bench not far off. They both seem happy though.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 19436

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 20, 2020 8:08 am

((Celus never saw him more than briefly, we'd encountered Charlie in camp before, but can't say for sure Celus was there or paying attention.))

"I don't know if you'd seen him around or not, but maybe you can help Lurn? He answers to his name when I call him, but I'm not sure he'll answer to you?"

Kroshav will take the corral farthest away, and ask Sir Tarneth to take the nearest. His limp seems better, but Kroshav would spare his mentor, though without mention of that being the reason.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5979

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Wed May 20, 2020 2:34 pm

Kroshav heads off to number 6, Tarneth to number 3, leaving Lurn and Celus to number 5.

There are a lot of horses in there... A few soldiers move around the edges of each, not terribly alert if they are supposed to be guards.

((What are Kroshav and Lurn doing as they get to the Corral's? Both roll me a perception as well please.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 19436

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 20, 2020 3:06 pm

"Charlie! There you ar-... Oh, you're not Charlie."

Perception: 1D20+1 = [8]+1 = 9


Kroshav is calling for Charlie, and explaining and describing his horse to anyone who asks what he wants.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13442
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Wed May 20, 2020 8:25 pm

"I can't guarantee I'll recognise Charlie, but I'll try my best." Once Lurn arrives at the corral, Lurn will look over the horses from outside the corral. If he can't absolutely recognise Charlie, he'll approach one of the guards nearby, "Pardon me, I'm trying to help a paladin find his horse, so that he can negotiate a return if it's among the army. Mind if I have a chat with the horses here?"

Perception: 1D20+8 = [19]+8 = 27
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Lecturer in Training
Posts: 2714
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu May 21, 2020 5:59 am

"I don't know. It is boring just waiting here, but I'm not really minding boring at the moment either. You can wander off if you want to and I'll just stay here and relax. You know where to meet for supper tonight and we can all meet there if we separate."

Jaq has no issue sitting and waiting/watching people stroll by. It's just a less intense form of his overnight meditation and with all that has gone on lately, him sitting and just reflecting on the past few days is probably a good thing.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5979

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Thu May 21, 2020 8:30 am

Kroshav looks at the horses and calls for Charlie. A few lift their heads and come over to the fence interested in the dragonborn. None of them are Charlie and most wander off after a few minutes. The nearby guards also wander over and listen to his description of Charlie. They give each other a look before shaking their heads and replying in the negative of seeing Charlie.

Lurn spots a horse that looks just like Charlie, at least what he thinks is Charlie. The horse doesn't respond when Lurn calls Charlie in it's direction, but a few guards do come over. One asks, "Sure, but...what? What do ya mean? Talk to the horses? Haven't ya been doing that?"
-
Indra sighs and shakes her head

"I'm fine with sitting here for hours but when do we figure they aren't across the bridge?"

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Lecturer in Training
Posts: 2714
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu May 21, 2020 10:08 am

"I'm assuming they will come looking, this isn't THAT big of a city. You are free to wander, and who knows, maybe in your wandering you'll find them!"

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5979

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Thu May 21, 2020 12:21 pm

Indra nods,

"Okay, how about I do a round. I will be back here in 30 or so. You aren't here, I head to the inn?"

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Lecturer in Training
Posts: 2714
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu May 21, 2020 2:09 pm

"Yep, I'll be here unless I find them here. If i'm not here, we meet at the Inn to eat supper."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 19436

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu May 21, 2020 2:21 pm

If Kroshav has exhausted this corral as a place Charlie could be at, he'll head to the middle one on the list that Tarneth got from the soldiers.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13442
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Thu May 21, 2020 6:32 pm

"Well, anyone can call horses, but I figure I should check that it's okay before using a technique to make more direct requests of them. Though I won't be fool enough to try taking the horse out even if it is here, rest assured." Having received permission, Lurn faces back to the corral and with Speech of Beast and Leaf calls out to the horses, "I'm looking for a horse named Charlie, whose rider is a big scaled man called Kroshav. If Charlie is here, could you come to the fence?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5979

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri May 22, 2020 6:51 am

((Kroshav took longer to get to his corral so he is a handful of minutes behind Lurn.))

The guards look on with curiosity as Lurn begins neighing, whinnying and grunting at the horses. All turn to look at the firbolg and many respond in kind. The guards look between the horses and the large blue man. Nearly 20 horses come over to the fence, still vocalizing. One is the one Lurn thinks may be Charlie. There is another that may also be Charlie? They all push their heads over the fence and sniff Lurn, continuing to neigh.

Celus clears his throat,

"Uh, whatever you said got their attention. What are they saying?"
-
Indra stands, stretches and looks left then right. Shrugging, she heads right.

"See you soon."

Dama laughs at something, Jaq sees it is the dress Jolly got her. Jolly looks red in the face but she gives him a peck on the cheek.

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13442
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Fri May 22, 2020 8:14 am

"Unfortunately, my people's magic is only one-way. We can make ourselves understood, be can't understand in kind. Generally I make do by requesting specific actions, like nods or stamps, to get answers to simple questions. This is a rather surprising reaction, though, considering I asked for the horse named Charlie whose rider is a large scaled man to come over... I do think I recognise Kroshav's Charlie, though... Maybe. I'm not too familiar with him. Um... We should head back to the meeting place and let Kroshav know this seems to be the right corral. He can make sure I'm right, then try to work out negotiations for the return."

Awkwardly rubbing at the back of his neck, the large man speaks to the horses again, "My trick only lets you understand me, so I'm sorry but I don't understand all of you. I'm going to bring Kroshav here, okay?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5979

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri May 22, 2020 1:51 pm

The horses respond in a variety of horsy ways ranging from nods, stomps and whineying to one horse releasing a truly impressive, sustained fart. Most of the horses wander off but the maybe Charlies hang near the fence along with a couple of others.

The guards mostly look bemused and call after Lurn and Celus,

"I could have done that with a bag of oats!"

A few minutes later Kroshav arrives to find Charlie standing near the fence with a horse of similar coloring and three others that are clearly not Charlie. There are three guards with broad grins looking out at the horses chuckling. Charlie spots Kroshav and gives a low whinnying.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 19436

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 22, 2020 2:39 pm

"CHARLIE!"

Kroshav vaults the fence to run and hug his horse.

"Lurn! Celus! You found him!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5979

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sat May 23, 2020 12:36 am

The guards stop laughing as a large dragonborn flies over the fence, scatters all but one horse, the looks to be hugging the horse.

Hands on swords they come over and command,

"You there. Back over to this side. Stop disturbing the horses."

They confer quietly while watching Kroshav,

"You're that Kroshav guy? Your friends just left. Maybe you should go as well."

They give a meaningful look in the direction of the logistics tent, hands still on weapons but not aggressively.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 19436

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat May 23, 2020 4:48 am

((Sorry, I thought Lurn and Celus were still there.))

Kroshav looks around in surprise.

"Sorry Charlie, I didn't mean to scare off your friends. SORRY HORSES!", he calls to the ones that scattered.

When the guards suggest that he go, Kroshav nods.

"Gee, thanks! C'mon Charlie.", and starts leading his horse to the nearest gate.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5979

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sat May 23, 2020 8:17 am

"What! Hold up! You, not the horse." They look at each other and one says slowly and loudly, "You. You follow them. That way. Leave the horses here. You can leave with a horse ONLY with piece of paper from the captain saying you can. Do you understand what I am telling you?"

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 19436

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat May 23, 2020 8:50 am

"I suppose you would get in trouble if you just let folks walk off with horses, then. Very well, I'll go see the Captain first."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply