The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Rodgeir
Babbles Incessantly
Posts: 4734

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:48 pm

Dornikal moves north and then NW. He throws a javelin at a target through the portal if there is one, otherwise he will bite his cheek again and wait.

((Should be at 54 hp after this turn I think?))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18164

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:53 pm

((Randy will be able to give me an investigation check this turn for lance finding. ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13210

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:00 pm

"It's fine- Just thick, and purple." Ulmwin gives a quick reassurement to the guard. It's uncertain whether he's talking about the fog, or Holger.

"Unless those tubes and the portal are related, somehow..? Lots of effigy stuff near them. It can't be coincidence we find these kind of abominations close to this kind of technology twice, right?!"

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18164

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:07 pm

Dornikal chomps himself and moves right in front of the portal

Within the cloud, Holger hears a series of popping sounds and has the unpleasant feeling of something moving around in his mouth. His lips are forced open and something clicks to the ground. More spill from your lips as you hear tiny giggles. Probing your mouth, you discover all of your teeth are gone, only smooth gums remain.

Those of you outside the fog hear tiny splashing sounds as many tiny somethings fall off the platform.

Image


Turn Order:

Dornikal (54/56)
Holger (25/33) (Rounds of Chaos Remaining: 5; rounds of 20 ft teleport remaining: 7; rounds of target on his back remaining: 8; fog cloud: 1 hour) <--------------------<<<
Squad A (gnome mounts)
Squad C
Squad B
Randerwaith (23/37) (Conc: Prot E & G)
Coljin (32/32) (Conc: Readied Toll the Dead)
Squad E
Squad F
Anders (Dodging)
Squad D
Ulmwin (37/37)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18164

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:10 pm

In addition to the tiny splashes, there is a ripping sound as the portal widens.... something approaches....
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6460
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:58 pm

Randy's eyes widen and he starts searching with vigor.....

investigation: 1d20+1 = [16] = 17

something...?

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7365

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:42 am

Holger casts detect magic and moves out of the fog to see if there is any magic auras linked to the portal. He then teleports back into the security of the fog on the platform where he falls to his knees with a soft whispered "no" as he realises the horror of what happened.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18164

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:01 am

Holger casts detect magic senses magic all around him. He figures since he was closer to the north end, he's got a better chance to make it out of the cloud to the south end, so heads that way, keeping his hands outstretched. He breaks through the fog near Ulmwin, the chaotic purple energy crackling harmlessly over the gnome and his guard, but Holger is too distant from the portal to pick up anything from it. He ports back to the relative safety of the cloud, falling to his knees on something small and hard, like a pebble.

More guards slosh their way into the room, the first ones through taking up weapons in anticipation of whatever is going to happen next.

Randerwaith moves north and feels around for a while in the area that the lance was dropped, managing to come up with it.

A trio of human/sea creature hybrids leap through the portal, Coljin tolls the dead, the bell echoing around the small chamber, adding to the alarm that is still going off, but the lead creature shrugs it off. Ulmwin calls into question its parentage... which is a fair observation, but the creature seems unaffected.
The two guards near the dead tentacle beast have a clear shot with their spears, and both hurl them at the creature closest to them. Both punch into the tentacled creature's side, before being ripped out.
Two of them swarm Dornikal, while the third, injured one goes for Anders. Dornikal manages to dodge the first barnacle encrusted fist, but isn't able to duck the second fist, but does duck the third that attempts to glom onto him with tentacles.

He does manage to dodge both flipper-like swings from the turtle like second creature, but when the head ducks back into the shell and tentacles burst out and grab him by the neck, he's not able to avoid them. He's tough though, and takes only minimal damage.
The one that goes for the waiting Anders has a fist that ends in a ball of spikes, but it swings at him twice with the other hand first, but the guard leader is wary and dodging... just not enough to avoid the ball of spikes, which jab him and dose him with a poison that leaves him a bit disoriented.
Junara begins cursing at being so close to the creature and being basically defenseless as he holds the gnome aloft.

Image

Turn Order:

Dornikal (52/56) (Grappled)
Holger (25/33) (Conc: Detect Magic: 10; Rounds of Chaos Remaining: 5; rounds of 20 ft teleport remaining: 7; rounds of target on his back remaining: 8; fog cloud: 1 hour)
Squad A (gnome mounts)
Squad C
Squad B
Randerwaith (23/37) (Conc: Prot E & G)
Trio of sea creatures
Coljin (32/32) <--------------------<<<
Squad E
Squad F
Anders (Dodging, Poisoned: 10 rounds)
Squad D
Ulmwin (37/37)
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Babbles Incessantly
Posts: 4734

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:16 am

((Dornikal's AC is 19, so 3 less damage and only single grappled?))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18164

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:23 am

((Ah, yes. Sorry about that.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2344
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:24 am

"Janara, retreat a bit so you are safe." he motions the man west, hopefully about fifteen feet before he would ask him to stop. He will again cast Toll the Dead, this time on the injured one attacking Anders.
Tolling damage 1d12 = [7] = 7

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18164

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:39 am

((He'll move when his turn comes around again, sure.))

The creature shakes its misshapen head and hisses at the tolling of the bells, but doesn't seem overly inconvenienced.
► Show Spoiler
Anders takes two chops at the creature that poisoned him with his longsword, the first managing to hit despite his watering eyes, but the second swings wide. He blinks furiously, and manages to shake off the worst of the poison.
The first two of the new guards out of the tunnel have crossbows, and they scramble atop the felled tentacle beast to get a clear shot. The first goes wide, but the second taking it in the shoulder.
Image

Turn Order:

Dornikal (52/56) (Grappled)
Holger (25/33) (Conc: Detect Magic: 10; Rounds of Chaos Remaining: 5; rounds of 20 ft teleport remaining: 7; rounds of target on his back remaining: 8; fog cloud: 1 hour)
Squad A (gnome mounts)
Squad C
Squad B
Randerwaith (23/37) (Conc: Prot E & G)
Trio of sea creatures
Coljin (32/32)
Squad E
Squad F
Anders
Squad D
Ulmwin (37/37) <--------------------<<<
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Babbles Incessantly
Posts: 4734

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:43 pm

Dornikal makes a disgusted gagging noise as he drops the javelin in his hand and, by instinct, pulls his warhammer out of his belt and slams it into the turtle thing grappling him while yelling,

"DUMATHOIN SPORKING TAKE YE."

Attacking Krang/Donatello: 1D20+6 = [16]+6 = 22
1D8+4+1D6+2 = [7]+4+[3]+2 = 16

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6460
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:37 pm

Randy swings around, bringing his newly found toothpick to bear.
"Holger! A little help would be appreciated, if you please!"

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13210

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Ulmwin moves to the right, cursing out one of the eldritch beings when he notices them:

1d4 = [4] = 4

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7365

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:47 pm

Holger will grab the small thing underneath him with his free object interaction if possible as he gets up and jumps out of the fog to be next to Randy in the water.

He hexes (str) one he has a clear shot of , preferably the one grappling Dornikal. He then shoots it with an eldritch blast.

Holger eldritch blast: 1d20+6 = [15] = 21
Eldritch blast damage: 1d10 = [4] = 4
Hex Damage: 1d6 = [3] = 3
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18164

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:56 pm

((It'd be your action to grab it!))

Ulwmin steps to the side where he can see the creatures, calling out a curse that is shrugs off.
► Show Spoiler
The mussel mouthed creature rises out of the water behind Randy, its horrific jaws opening wide, the mussel-teeth also clacking open and closed.
Dornikal switches javelin for hammer, slamming it down with holy might onto the creature in front of him, but it holds on.

Magic surges with Holger, his vocal chords thrumming with power.

The portal shrinks slightly.

Image

Turn Order:

Dornikal (52/56) (Grappled)
Holger (25/33) (Conc: Detect Magic: 9; Rounds of Chaos Remaining: 4; rounds of 20 ft teleport remaining: 6; rounds of target on his back remaining: 7; fog cloud: 1 hour; Can only shout: 10) <--------------------<<<
Squad A (gnome mounts)
Squad C
Squad B
Randerwaith (23/37) (Conc: Prot E & G) ((Concentration check?))
Trio of sea creatures
Coljin (32/32)
Squad E
Squad F
Anders
Squad D
Ulmwin (37/37)
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7365

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:11 pm

... monsters will have to take priority sadly... This might just be the worst effect on the list, pure nightmare fuel!
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 17042
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:17 pm

Nem scoops Ily up on her shoulder out of he puddles and rain and looks around for somewhere dry that she can keep an eye on this guys house without being observed.

She's also interested in the housekeeper if they make an appearance.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18164

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:32 pm

Holger tries to grab whatever he is kneeling on, but feels a quick jab of pain and a giggle as it scampers out from between his fingers. Giving up, he stands and moves in the direction he thinks the edge is, eventually running into the chain railing and stepping over before hopping down and slogging out of the fog. He finds himself somewhat between Randy and Dornikal, so drops detect magic to cast hex (no wild surge triggered as it is not a sorcerer spell) on the one he has a clearest shot on, the one right in front of him. He lights it up with crackling eldritch energy as the swirl of chaos magic around him tickles its way along Dornikal, Randy, and Anders.

Junara backs himself and Coljin up a bit, and two other guards make it in range to attack the quilled fellow attacking Anders, both spears sinking deep, and combining to bring the creature down.
Image

Turn Order:

Dornikal (52/56) (Grappled)
Holger (25/33) (Conc: Hex: 1 hour; Rounds of Chaos Remaining: 4; rounds of 20 ft teleport remaining: 6; rounds of target on his back remaining: 7; fog cloud: 1 hour; Can only shout: 10)
Squad A (gnome mounts)
Squad C
Squad B
Randerwaith (23/37) (Conc: Prot E & G) ((Concentration check?)) <--------------------<<<
Trio of sea creatures
Coljin (32/32)
Squad E
Squad F
Anders
Squad D
Ulmwin (37/37)
Mussel-Mouth


Tess finds and out of the way, relatively dry overhang to observe the house from, and watches as Pembleton finishes his evening meal, and the downstairs lights go dark. A bedroom lamp is lit, and the housekeeper eventually departs, it would seem she doesn't reside on the premises.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6460
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:25 pm

Concentration: 1d20+2 = [4] = 6
Randy gives a yelp as he gets chewed from behind, causing him to completely muff his lunge forward.
Lance attack: 1d20+3 = [8] = 11

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18164

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:33 pm

((11 is good enough to hit.))

The barnacle covered fist slamming into Randy disrupts his protection, and he was perhaps relying on it a bit much, as the next punch, and a nasty bite from Mussel Mouth both land on him, the gangly creature gnawing his shoulder as the ranger stabs one of the new arrivals.

((I just rolled 2d20s to confirm hit or miss, it got a 24 (crit) and 17, but I used original damage rather than rolling a crit.))

Image

Turn Order:

Dornikal (52/56) (Grappled)
Holger (25/33) (Conc: Hex: 1 hour; Rounds of Chaos Remaining: 4; rounds of 20 ft teleport remaining: 6; rounds of target on his back remaining: 7; fog cloud: 1 hour; Can only shout: 10)
Squad A (gnome mounts)
Squad C
Squad B
Randerwaith (8/37) <--------------------<<<
Trio of sea creatures
Coljin (32/32)
Squad E
Squad F
Anders
Squad D
Ulmwin (37/37)
Mussel-Mouth
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6460
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:57 pm

Lance damage: 1d12+3 = [7] = 10

If Randy can use Planar warrior: 1d8 = [4] = 4

So either 10 piercing or 14 force damage.

" Son of a .....! "
Randy drops the lance and whirls around, glaring at muscle mouth.
"You just bit off more than you can chew, scum sucker!"
He pulls both swords and squares off with Muscle Mouth.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18164

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:13 pm

Randy strikes a glancing blow that detonates against the creature attacking Dornikal, it flails its tentacles in pain.

The portal shivers and shrinks incrementally.

The creature just jabbed from a distance turns and hisses at Randy, but takes a couple swings at the dwarf before sending its tentacles writhing towards the ranger, curling up the lance, but he wrenches it to the side, tossing it into the water and the tentacles aren't able to reach him. Meanwhile, its companion tries to continue making a snack of the dwarf. Dornikal gets clobbered by a fist, but manages to avoid the tentacle grab, and fends off all blows from the other creature.
Image

((Drawing one sword takes your free object interaction, so you can draw one this turn, and draw the other once your turn comes around again, so you'll still get your two attacks if you want them.))

Turn Order:

Dornikal (52/56) (Grappled)
Holger (25/33) (Conc: Hex: 1 hour; Rounds of Chaos Remaining: 4; rounds of 20 ft teleport remaining: 6; rounds of target on his back remaining: 7; fog cloud: 1 hour; Can only shout: 10)
Squad A (gnome mounts)
Squad C
Squad B
Randerwaith (3/37)
Trio of sea creatures
Coljin (32/32) <--------------------<<<
Squad E
Squad F
Anders
Squad D
Ulmwin (37/37)
Mussel-Mouth
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18164

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:43 pm

Lurks_In_Shadows wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:57 pm
Lance damage: 1d12+3 = [7] = 10

If Randy can use Planar warrior: 1d8 = [4] = 4

So either 10 piercing or 14 force damage.
((Oh, no you don't! STR weapon, so no +3, only 11 force damage! :lol: ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply