The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16773
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 22, 2019 6:44 pm


User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7352

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Thu May 23, 2019 1:37 am

Yeah Holger keeps the wizard look going.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6363
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu May 23, 2019 5:15 am

Randy holds position one step back and two the right, doing a good imitation of an aide, trying to look supportive and not too intimidating.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Babbles Incessantly
Posts: 4559

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Thu May 23, 2019 5:27 am

Seeing Randy standing like he does, Dornikal will try and do the same on Holger's left, still trying not to draw too much attention. Probably too focused on that to give more than a cursory glance around.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17971

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu May 23, 2019 5:33 am

Maji shifts form, the tentacles passing over his cephalothorax as he free-falls onto the surface of the water. Scrambling and skittering, he makes for the nearest wall and quickly scampers up towards the ceiling over the rough stone. Down below him, he can make out the outline of a roughly humanoid creature slapping the water in frustration before diving under its surface and swimming back and forth in search of the large dragonborn that went missing.

Despite the chaos of getting dumped into the water and losing your light source, getting grabbed in the dark by some sort of aquatic creature, changing shape into that of a spider and scampering up the wall, you are able to figure out your orientation, and know that to your left lies the tunnel from which you previously saw a faint blue glow, though your spider eyes cannot make it out. To your right lies the 5-tunnel chamber that leads back to the city's sewer system.

The guard stands at attention, but doesn't immediately reach for her weapons, her eyes flicking across the three of you, lingering a moment on Dornikal without comment, but drawn back to the revolving gems.

The older fellow peers at Holger over his spectacles, seemingly somewhat less impressed. "You don't have the look of a healer about you... one of those Serenity boys? Never met a one that could heal a paper cut."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6363
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu May 23, 2019 6:49 am

Randy steps forward. "That would be me, sir. Brother Buckthorn, ranger-acolyte in the service of the temple of Obad-Hai."

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7352

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Thu May 23, 2019 6:59 am

"Most would argue that cauterizing the wound counts, but you are right, which is why he will do it. He's a bit more connected to the divine side of magic and able to heal wounds with it."

Holger will give room for Randy to step forth and introduce himself.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17971

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu May 23, 2019 7:11 am

"Buckthorn, is it? You study herbs and medicine under the Old Oak too? If a patient has chills, nausea, dizziness, vomiting, what are your possible diagnoses, and courses of treatment? A broken arm, bone stocking through the skin, how do you treat it?", the old healer feels out Randy's knowledge.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6363
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu May 23, 2019 7:18 am

Randy smiles.
" A decotion of mint, ginger, nettle, and willow bark is the preferred method for the first. Reducing and splinting with careful positioning and suturing with careful cleaning of the suture site for the latter...or I could just cheat and use a spell to heal the patient faster."

User avatar
Rodgeir
Babbles Incessantly
Posts: 4559

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Thu May 23, 2019 7:41 am

Dornikal nods along with what Randy says.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17971

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu May 23, 2019 7:44 am

He grunts his approval. "Name's Alfred. You're with me, Buckthorn, rest of you stay put."

The guard opens the door and he heads in, waiting for Randy to follow.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6363
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu May 23, 2019 7:45 am

Randy gives a nod and follows him in.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16773
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu May 23, 2019 7:48 am

Maji is relieved and he scurries twoards where he saw the blue light.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17971

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu May 23, 2019 10:17 am

Alfred leads Randy past a small desk, where another individual in a bleached robe nods at him but doesn't comment on the presence of his guest. He leads you back to a small room with a wall of square shelves set into the wall, where you see various personal belongings.

"Leave whatever you don't need here, you'll be able to get it back when you leave."

He rolls up his sleeves and moves to a wash basin and scrubs up. As he finishes, he dries his hands and rustles up a smock for you to wear once you've scrubbed in as well.

"We've only had one new one come in this morning, so guessing that's who you're offering to help. Well... only one come in that we can help."

He gestures for you to follow him, down a hallway, with open doors to rooms along the wall. Towards the back of the building, he stops at a door, and steps on a pedal beside it. A counterweight swings the door open, and he gestures you inside, before stepping off it and following you. The room is well lit, and a trio of healers in robes are working on cleaning and tending the wounds of a young man.

Alfred cocks an eyebrow at you. "Well?"

((You may make a Medicine check.))

Maji scurries along the ceiling ((give me a Stealth check if you're looking not to attract attention)), arriving at a place where the natural tunnel fissures through into a round, stone chamber beyond. Along one wall are three large cylinders, the middle of which is giving off the faint blue glow. The glow looks like it is coming from inside, and you can make out a shape of some sort within. The glow reflects off of the surface of the water flooding the floor of the room.

((Give me a Perception check. Tempted to say at disadvantage since most spider vision is crap, but...))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6363
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu May 23, 2019 10:41 am

Medicine:1d20+3 = [18] = 21

Randy frowns and steps over to the patient and closely examines him, cataloguing his injuries, not only trying to determine how extensive, but trying to get an idea WHAT did this to him.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17971

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu May 23, 2019 10:52 am

He's been pretty savagely mauled, but not by anything that matches up to things you've experiences. His torso is heavily bruised, with gashes along his limbs that haven't been tended yet. If those were what was deemed a lesser priority, then the wounds currently covered must have been pretty bad indeed. Half his face is swathed in bandages, and a fair bit of his torso. From what you can see, there are impacts from some sort of bludgeoning strike, his fingers on his left hand are mangled, as if pinched in a vise, and there are assorted places where his skin has been rent apart. Some of it looks like bite marks, but nothing you've seen on patients before, and some puckered, circular wounds that look like a puncture, but are oozing dark fluids.

They've done what they can, as best you can tell, and he's currently stable, though his breathing sounds pained and labored. You don't think you can do much more than what they have as far as mundane healing, but he would surely benefit from some magical efforts.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6363
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu May 23, 2019 11:24 am

Randy shakes his head. "My, he's a mess. I've seen battlefield injures less severe. Good job on the first aid, by the way." He moves to the head of the bed and gently places his hands on either side of the victim's head. "Let's see what we can do to improve his situation now...."

Healing:1d8+3 = [5] = 8

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17971

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu May 23, 2019 11:40 am

"You had good timing, I was on my way to see if one of the temples would deign to send someone down."

As you call on your reserves of healing energies, some of the puncture wounds seal shut and stop weeping, his other injuries begin to scab over, and after an initial gasp, his breathing eases and he sighs before sleeping into sleep.

"We gave him a draught to keep him still, but he'll rest much easier, thanks to you."

He nods to the healers, and they resume cleaning the accumulated blood and other mess around the poor fellow's now healed wounds.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6363
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu May 23, 2019 1:02 pm

"Any ideas what he mixed it up with? It looks like something tried to pull him apart and eat him at the same time."

User avatar
Rodgeir
Babbles Incessantly
Posts: 4559

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Thu May 23, 2019 1:20 pm

Dornikal looks over at the guard and asks, trying to make conversation,

"Ye guard the infirm'ry regularly or just when there's been an incident?"

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16773
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu May 23, 2019 1:26 pm

Stealth [1d20+4] = 15+4 = 19 per [1d20+5] = 12+5 = 17

Maji goes to follow the light. If he's not already on the celing he'll go to the celing.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17971

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu May 23, 2019 1:45 pm

((Burns, give me another d20 roll please? There are parts in the room that are fully dark, so would be treated as dim, and at disadvantage.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16773
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu May 23, 2019 9:24 pm

[1d20] = 18

Here ya go,

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17971

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 24, 2019 7:16 am

Alfred frowns as he responds to Randy, "No idea what happened to him, didn't get much details, but yeah... he was pretty bad off."

He judges the other three have things well in hand with your help, and steps on another pedal that swings the door open and moves into the hall with you.

"So what is owed to the brothers of Obad-Hai?"

The guard looks down at Dornikal, "Someone has to be here to keep random folks from bothering the healers while they work."

Maji slowly skitters across the ceiling, which is worked stone, rather than the rough, natural ceiling of the tunnel. You are able to make out collapsed tunnels leading from this room, it appears that any constructed tunnels that led here are no longer connecting it to anything else. The three cylinders, as best you can estimate from your small spider form are somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 feet in diameter, and 10 feet tall. As you get above them, you realize that the back third or so is metallic, while the front curve is some sort of glass. The central, functional one has a series of tubes and pipes leading out of the top. The one on the left was shattered and mangled some time in the past, the glass front jutting upward in jagged shards. The one on the right is just dark. The central one seems to have been converted into some sort of shrine, bits of driftwood and bone, scavenged pipes, mangled armor, weapons, and assorted debris framing it and demarking an area in front littered with baubles and offerings, everything from shells and bits of fabric to assorted rocks, some containing colored crystals that look washed out in the soft blue light, another that is just a perfect grey sphere, to some that might have pressed and preserved life from long ago. There are some assorted gems and coins placed in what looks like a pattern, but not one that makes any sense to you.

You see a ripple on the water reflecting light from the central cylinder, and looking more carefully, see part of a face surface, no more than the eyes. With a search image, you are able to look around the chamber and see other faces, all in the dark light, submerged and looking at the central cylinder.

Towards the back of the chamber, there is a sound reminiscent of the whining hiss when throwing a wet log into a fire, when it gets heated enough to expel the water inside out as a plume of steam, then a sound like ripping cloth as a slash in the air rotates and opens a foot or two wide, the edges of it crackling in silver and green. On the other side, you see some tentacles tentatively reach through the opening, and the attention to all of the hidden faces in the water turns to the opening in the air, burbling gargling in what might be excitement.

The tentacles retract, as the opening flickers with a crackle and gets wider. Emboldened, the tentacles begin reaching through, when suddenly with a *skwrruwwp*, it snaps shut, severed tentacles flopping in the water. Several somethings, swift and dark as they swim under the water, are quick to pounce on them, and gnashing of some sort of food intake orifices make quick work of them.

Now that you know where to look, you can see a sliver remaining of the opening, like if a foot long length of silver yarn was floating in the air, ripple in an unfelt breeze.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Babbles Incessantly
Posts: 4559

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Fri May 24, 2019 7:49 am

"Worse jobs to have. Lot of injured folk come in here lately?"

Post Reply