The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16114
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:23 pm

((Nem is prepping her disguise self to be a gross corpse))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16689

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:29 pm

((Oooh-kaaay. Noted. By prepping, do you mean she's not casting yet, but thinking over all the details to put into a gross corpse disguise?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5950
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:25 pm

Peruasion: 1d20+2 = [17] = 19

Randy puts on his "Friendly priest" face (he IS an acolyte, after all) and keeping his hands folded in front of him, gives a passing matron a polite bow. "Pardon me, madame. Could I trouble you for directions? I'm supposed to meet an acquaintance at an inn called the Lame Goat, but I'm afraid I've gotten a bit turned around. Could you help me? " He gives her a pleasant smile.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16114
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:37 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:29 pm
((Oooh-kaaay. Noted. By prepping, do you mean she's not casting yet, but thinking over all the details to put into a gross corpse disguise?))
Exactly! If she's found, she wants folk to think she's an infected corpse that should be left alone. But only if she's found. Gross corpses aren't great at finding information out from the living and this town doesn't need more drama right now!

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16689

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:00 pm

"Oh! What a polite young man! I'm headed in that direction, if you could carry this basket for me, I'd be happy to give you directions!", she thrusts her basket of market purchases into Randy's arms, and loops her hand in his elbow and totters along at his side.
► Show Spoiler
"My, what strong arms you have! Just like my Bertram used to have, gods rest his soul."

"What's your name? You look like a Jerry to me. I used to know a Jerry, he had quite the thing for me, you know! This was long before I met my Bertram of course."

"Do you have any children Jerry? I have a son and a daughter, they're both married, but they've moved away, Jerry. They come to visit every few months, but I don't get to see the grandkids as often as I'd like."

"My son, Little Bertram, he wants me to come down and live with him and his wife, but though she's a nice enough girl, and a good mother to my grandkids, she's always talking. I'm not sure I could stand it, Jerry!"

"Jerry, don't let them talk you into the first price they ask for, those half-elves are notorious cheats, always asking twice what things are worth, and they know it, too! Just stick firm Jerry, and they'll always come down."

"What do you do for work? You have an awful lot of weapons on you, Jerry. Are you a soldier, Jerry?"

"Well Jerry, this is my stop, Jerry. Thank you for carrying my things! You said you wanted to go to the Lame Goat? It's a bit rough, I'm sure you can handle yourself, but that's where the dock working sorts tend to hang out. Just two more blocks down, then right and you'll see the harbor. Straight on and it'll be on your left!"

She pulls you down to give you a peck on the cheek before happily heading into her home.

((You don't need feel obligated to respond to any of that... she would have just talked right over you anyway. :lol: ))

((Tess is trying to one up Maji and Holger by being the cause of rumors about plagues and zombies spreading through the city. Got it.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5950
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:29 pm

Randy carries the groceries with an amused smile on his face, nodding to her dialog when appropriate. He couldn't ask for a better cover if the guards came looking. When the matron turns into her home, he politely waves good-bye. "Thank you madame. Obad-Hai's blessing on you!" He then quietly chuckles and heads for the inn.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16689

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:06 pm

((Ulmwin, can I have a Perception check from you?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3498

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:28 am

Dornikal will continue to sneak around the incident until he can keep moving toward the harbor looking for the Lame Goat.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12767

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:19 am

Ulmwin's own plan would be to use disguise self to take on the appearance of a child, and then peek from a nearby alley to keep eye on the situation as if he's a child that's simply too curious for his own good.

Here's that dreaded perception roll btw: 1d20+2 = [7] = 9

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16689

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:09 am

((Dornikal, can I have an investigation please?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3498

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:29 am

Too focused on hiding...

Investigation: 1d20 = [5] = 5

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7211

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:53 am

Holger struggles only long enough to hiss a short "Stay!" at Maji before he loses hold of the cat.

"Sure, nothing fun about any of this. Nor any real dragons or unwilling transformations normally associated with witches."

Holger will smile and hold his hands up in a friendly give up manner, yet mostly watch Maji to make sure he doesn't run off and if he does it won't be far. It likely won't be a sleep spell this time either. Assuming Maji cooperates for once Holger will continue.

"My name is Holger Starwind. I'm a performer and an adventurer seeking out monsters causing troubles. Granted that isn't the reason for my arrival at Galistri. A dwarven wizard has asked me to locate his apprentice who was last seen in this city.

As for the whole dragon cat incident, I'm really sorry for all the commotion, I should have prepared my friend better for what's it like to be in a proper city. My friend Maji has an excellent control of nature magic and the ability to change shape to most animals he's seen. He's a dragonborn, so huge and scaly and rather intimidating to small kids. Despite his looks he's mostly just a sweet kid inside which is why he turned into a cat in an attempt to not scare anyone. Want him to reveal his true form or should I create an illusion of him so you can see for yourself?"


Holger athletics: 1d20+2 = [15] = 17

If Maji decides to run, Holger will blast his tiny cat form with curses and fire!
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5950
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:19 am

(( Randy shudders as he feels a great disturbance in the Force, as if the cost of Holger's bail is going up into astronomical numbers. :P ))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16689

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:01 am

Dornikal slips through the streets, eventually finding himself at the foot of a bridge.

Ulmwin changes to look like a child, ducking into a doorway in the alley near where Holger and Maji are standing in the middle of the street. He's doing a pretty good job at hiding, but that means he's not able to stick his head out to see what's going on, and what reaches his ears is a bit garbled. Mostly seems to be the guards asking curt questions of Holger, and his companion going on at length so far.

((You going for street kid or higher on the socioeconomic strata?))

The guards seem a bit dubious at Holger's explanation. "Hey now, no funny business!"

((Let's have a Persuasion roll from you to see just how convincing and charming you're being?))

((Maji, OOC threats aside, what are you doing? Sticking with Holger, or running?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12767

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:10 am

((He's mostly going for the street kid look, though not an outright vagrant. Probably a kid of the kind of family that can afford to put bread on the table every day, but not be arsed to keep watch on him all day.))

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7211

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:36 am

Moderately charming?

Holger persuation: 1d20+6 = [11] = 17
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16381
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:42 am

Maji rights himself and looks around. He doesn't like the lot of humans getting close to him. His fur stands up and he gives gentle hisses twoards the new humans. He tries to hide from them, using Holger's arms to hde.

(He'll stay for now. I'm not rolling for stealth because I'm picturing more of a scared cat that's failong to hide)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3498

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:51 am

Dornikal looks at the bridge and wonders what is on the other side of it and where the harbor is in relation to him.

((Anyone walking by?))

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5950
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:52 am

Randy proceeds down the way, following the lady's directions. When he comes to the inn, he stealths up again and observes the inn for a while.

stealth:1d20+5 = [19] = 24

perception:1d20+3 = [10] = 13

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16689

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:36 pm

Maji leaps back into Holger's arms, making sure to only extend *just* enough claw to where it might be mistaken as necessary for balance, hissing at the guards.

The guards seem a bit relieved that the cat isn't turning into anything unpleasant, though more than a couple are occasionally eyeing the floating gem staff uneasily.

"Well... just keep him contained."

"Watch Commander's probably gonna wanna talk t'em."

"Yeeahh... Is your 'friend' going to behave? We'll have to escort you back to the Watch Post, just to make sure things are on the square. Shouldn't be long, if you cooperate."

Dornikal regards the bridge. Seems solid enough, though it looks crude and rudimentary next to dwarven stonework. On the other side, you can see more buildings, though they don't really look like shops, but don't really look like homes either. There are assorted folks walking about, some along the road you're standing on, some crossing the bridge in one direction or the other.

Randy, you dip into an alley and follow it around to where it meets back up with Renshaw Street diagonal from the inn, and lean against the wall in the late afternoon shadows. Business seems to be picking up as folks finish their daily tasks and are heading to the pub. Most patrons seem to be human, which is to be expected based on what you've seen of this city so far, but you do spot a halfling and a pair of gnomes enter during your observation.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3498

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:48 pm

Dornikal asks someone going by, preferably a halfling or gnome but if none are available a human,

"Hello, aye'm trying to get to find the Lame Goat. Could ye point meh in the right direction?"

((Which way is the water flowing in the river? It presumably empties into the harbor...))

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5950
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:00 pm

Randy, satisfied that the inn seems relatively mundane, and more importantly, accepting of nonhumans, breaks stealth and makes his way to the inn. He goes in and makes his way to the main counter where he inquires about renting a room.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16689

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:10 pm

The water is slow moving in this portion, but has a general right to left flow to it.

Dornikal waits a bit, eventually spotting a gnomish fellow with big muttonchop whiskers and approaches him to ask for directions.

((Let's have a Persuasion check to see how helpful you're able to talk this guy into being.))

Randy heads in and finds a common room that could belong in any city or town he'd ever been in. Wood floors and furniture, a bit of sawdust to soak up spilled drinks (or the occasional blood and vomit, as needed), and the scents one associates with a tavern. He sidles up to the bartop, and slips into a stool, setting his pack at his feet. The tall brunette woman behind the bar finishes wiping out a wooden mug and plunks it down.

"A room? Got some open, you looking to sleep alone, or sharing? How long you staying for?"

"Getcha anything while you're thinking?", she nods at the mug.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3498

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:16 pm

Not a whole heck of a lot of persuading happening.

1d20+1 = [3] = 4

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5950
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:17 pm

Randy nods and orders a dark ale. "Probably more than one, and probably plan for at least 3 days. I might need longer depending how long business takes. The rest of my party should show up soon, so they may want rooms as well. Do you have a private dinning area? We may wind up discussing business here rather than going to the client's place."

Post Reply