Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:27 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:48 am :( Aww, okay. I was hoping it would be more like an evolution, where she'd be able to keep previous moves.
Doesn't work that way sadly, when evolution just restricts access to moves, it doesn't replace them. And if any other type combination has moves replaced appropriately, it only makes sense that the same goes for this.

Anyways, let me look over everything once more...

Extra level up moves
Lv 1: absorb
Lvl 10: magical leaf
Lvl 20: poison powder
Lvl 30: petal dance
Lvl 40: stun powder
Lvl 50: solar beam

Move replacements:
Rock throw -> Razor leaf
Ancient power -> Giga drain
Rock slide -> Leaf storm
Earth power -> Energy ball
Yawn -> grasswhistle
Harden -> growth

Ability replacements:
Heat mirage -> Leaf guard

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:37 pm

What about her tm/ tutor list would that change? I know of a few grass mons that can learn rock slide. And if a move is on her tutor list but doesn't change and she knows it already, but isn't part of the movement swap would she still know it? :shifty:

Also: "Yey Zoidberg is part grass now"

-----
I'm almost afraid to ask, but how would a Grass/Rock Archen fare? Or a Grass/Flying?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:57 am

Tutor and TM's are best asked separately, cuz doing all of them would be too much work :P They'd be replaced with something equivalent, at the very least.

As for rock slide... It's a bit of a mixed bag on what pokemon can/can't get it, it seem to be mostly starters/large grass pokemon that can have it..? I'm probably gonna lean towards "no" for now.

Ask about the Archen later, assuming I forget it myself.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:11 am

Dlover wrote:Can't teach any tutor or TM moves for the day, but if it's in the move list or Natural I can manage it. As for the Iron, if you're not planning to use it, I do have plans for vitamins in place, but honestly I'm pretty sure at this point that Alex's team isn't really the priority for combat. XP
...ooh, that's a tough choice.

On the one hand, I could get Fern Bounce 10 levels early.

But on the other hand, I could get Kay Dragon Pulse or Hurricane 30-40 levels early.

...Hurricane it is :lol:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:29 am

If there's time I'll do both, since I've still got all three uses of Mentor.

Though, to confirm, Hurricane and Dragon Pulse are tutor/tm moves marked as (N), right? 'cause the current limit for teaching moves early is 21 levels.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:02 am

Yeah, they're both (N) moves. And if Mort lets us have enough time for it then sure, I'm not going to say no :lol:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:07 am

Haley needs to find a shiny stone so that Buttercup can learn weatherball and be an ultimate destroyer of things! Also mort, via tutor could Amber learn Ingrain? Maybe instead of pain split or something?

Also Haley is calling Koa.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:06 am

I don't think Jack would just give away someone's number like that, actually :roll:

You could meet up with Bjorn, however, who coincidentally is probably going to be heading to those exact same people... :P

Also, you might have enough time for tutoring. You might not... >:D

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:07 am

Or Alex. She can meet up with him if she doesn't get a number.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:10 am

Yeah, worst case Haley can call Alex and meet up with him like that- Jack would ask for Haley's number and see if there was interest of Koa to meet the girl in question, but not outright give it- That'd be rather dangerous, potentially...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:32 am

Sure that could work.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:36 am

Bjorn reaches Level 11! He gains the Glacial Ice (Ice Ace) feature and +1 HP.

Grunt gains 156xp and gains 2 levels to reach Level 30! He gains +1 Def and +1 SATK. He can now evolve into Piloswine.
Dote gains 95xp and reaches Level 31! She gains +1 Def.
Tank gains 115xp and gains 2 levels to reach Level 29! She gains +2 Speed and learns the move Rock Blast at the expense of Horn Attack.
Husk gains 444xp and gains 6 levels to reach Level 28! She gains +5 Atk and +1 Speed. She learns the Payback move at the expense of Low Kick, and the Chip Away move at the expense of Sand Attack.
Pyre gains 75xp and reaches Level 31! He gains +1 Speed and learns the Natural Gift move at the expense of Agility. He can now evolve into Talonflame.
Sting gains 75xp and reaches Level 25! She gains +1 ATK.
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:39 am

What type is the next gym?
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:43 am

Assuming we're going to Hantu next, it would be Ghost.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:30 am

Yeah Brick Break is a ridiculously strong move, especially against Dark pokemon. Was getting worried when I was losing my mons with ranged attacks, was gonna have to do a lot of juggling and light flashes to get Tank to use Smack Down so thank you for being merciful with your Murkrow and not keeping it out of range!
To be fair, the only reason he did that was because if he had kept it out of range, you'd have just switched, no other option there- The intent was that he was hoping you'd keep it out, and he could knock it out or deliver huge damage before you could attack, or assuming it could endure one attack.

...It's probable he wouldn't have taken that risk had I remembered the speed buff, though. :roll:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:37 pm

I'm leaning more twoards Rock/grass with Archie. Not entirely sure if I should though because it may ground her. (Or maybe not, since decidueye has something similar going on?) If he does loose fly speed though, would he still be able to glide or have faster regular movement speed?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:21 pm

M0rtimer wrote:"Ah, let's say both could go for... 800?
Oh is he saying 800 for each, not both together? Lock Case + Contest Case together go for 800, so I can't tell.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:11 am

SuperVaderMan wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:21 pm
M0rtimer wrote:"Ah, let's say both could go for... 800?
Oh is he saying 800 for each, not both together? Lock Case + Contest Case together go for 800, so I can't tell.
800 each.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:40 am

I love how all your guys reaction to "Hey, this guy is probably charging you more than he should" is "Here you go buddy, more money" :roll:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:08 am

Look, he's in debt, he needs the help.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:19 am

This is where I spring some kind of horrible revelation about how he's in debt because of an adderall addiction, right?

Oh- I wait with that until after you guys spent the money?

Gotcha.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:23 am

Hey, team Charm has to charm all the npc's and being miserly isn't the most charming thing in the world :p

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:30 am

Just to remind you Dlover (because I'd forgotten as well, and had to double-check), you already showed/told the rest of us about the Bug Cube back before we went Pokemon hunting.

On which note, Sparky suggested using the recall spell to take it back to the Fairy temple. Which I'm actually in favour of; the bad guys aren't super likely to bother going back there since they already got what they wanted (and think the entrance was blown up). And the longer we keep it on us, the more likely we'll draw attention to ourselves/lose it. Better still, if we let Diancie know it's there, then she can even keep an eye on it for us.

(also I might want to play around with the magi-forge, though that's more of a long term plan...)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:35 pm

Oh right, we should probably do that when everyone groups up again, huh?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:13 pm

Huh, yeah, I'd definitely forgotten we'd done that... Yeah, recalling it sounds like a pretty good idea.
My game:

My characters: