Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15507
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:54 am


User avatar
Rodgeir
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1930

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:32 am

Standing on the roof before hopping down to follow the rest back to the shop where she left a note Ves notices a very faint glow to the northwest of them. She also spots what she is pretty sure is the warehouse Jolly was in. She checks the bandits ropes to ensure they are tight before following. Along the way Jaq explains that the Rusty Dagger is to the northwest of where they are now and that he could get them there ((not sure if Jaq would tell her more?)). Jaq is so engrossed in his explanation he walks into a food stall and knocks several hundred apples to the ground. His embarrassment is made worse by the fact he knows the owner of the shop is a friend of his dad.

Everyone else notices that as they walk that there is a muted skuffing sound of padded boots on cobblestones a distance behind them. They don't see anything when they look and by the time they arrive back to the shop whoever was following them seems to have disappeared or at least lost interest.
Last edited by Rodgeir on Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1424
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:23 am

Jaq is very happy to be off the road and away from the apple cart...but even happier to have the elf girl back home. He is willing to stay and explain what happened, with or without the rest of the group if they are not wanting to stick around.

"As soon as I'm done explaining what happened here, I am heading back to my home to check on my father and the house." he lets the others know.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1930

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:51 am

Jaq knows that this particular shop caters to the wealthiest segment of the elf community in town. He has never been in it before and doesn't know anyone inside. He sees the soldiers' insignia as well.

((Int/history to identify the insignia.))

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1424
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:43 am


User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14684
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:33 am

Ves nods to Jaq and shrugs:

"There's a warehouse with an unaffected guy to the northwest. I left him gathering bodies of hurt folk this afternoon but I want to check in on him. I can meet you there later if you want to stay."

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1424
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:38 pm

Jaq agrees to that, just needs a better description so he can find the warehouse later.
If she cannot get a better location so he can find it, he will give her his home address and tell her to meet him there, later.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14684
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:13 pm

Perfect.

Ves describes the warehouse and its location to Jaq, and also pays attention to where his home is. Then she'll leave the others to it and go check on Jolly.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1930

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:43 pm

Jaq is pretty sure he has seen the insignia around town but isn't really sure where.

Directions and addresses are exchanged and Ves heads off into the night to find Jolly.

((Perception from Ves

How long is Jaq willing to wait in the shop with the girl and the other elves? Are Joe and Lurn hanging around with him?))

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15507
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:46 pm

Joe will wait with Jaq and checks on the girl.

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11748
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:55 pm

Since the girl isn't likely to need aid, Lurn will head with Ves to assist with the more injured people.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14684
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:16 pm

Ves certainly appreciates the company.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1930

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:45 pm

((Perception from Ves and Lurn))

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11748
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:39 am

My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1424
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:37 am

Jaq is willing to wait for now. At least several hours. And he thinks since she is starting to 'almost' wake up at times it shouldn't take that long, correct? The girl and her family deserve to know what is going on, and where the kidnappers are tied up. Jaq totally does not want that type running loose in the city, they deserve whatever 'justice' they get.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1930

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:44 am

The girl is definitely showing signs of increased wakefulness, more so than the others in the shop. Hard to say how long it will take though...

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14684
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:14 am


User avatar
Rodgeir
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1930

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:46 am

Lurn and Ves head back along the main road West to the central crossroads before turning north and walking slowly to allow Ves to check the buildings as they go for things she recognizes. It has gotten foggier and people laying around are now noticably more fitful. One man, human, sits up and gasps looking around before collapsing back to the ground.

Ves is certain that the warehouse is nearby but in the fog everything looks the same. Lurn has no idea. The only thing that saves them both from walking by the warehouse is that Ves catches a faint glimmer of light under a set of warehouse doors.

The doors are closed.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14684
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:57 am

Ves bangs on the door and calls in:

"Hey Jolly! You still alive in there? It's me! Ves!"

User avatar
Rodgeir
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1930

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:04 am

Ves hears a loud groan and then Jolly calls back,

"It's open, you know how to let yourself in."

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14684
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:51 am

Ves heads inside with Lurn and looks about.

"Just checking in. How are you doing? This fog should start healing people up. Probably."

User avatar
Rodgeir
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1930

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:52 am

Pushing the door open Ves and Lurn see that the floor of the warehouse is covered in people and a bit of fog. Jolly has laid them out on the floor and propped the against walls. The isn't much clear space left on the floor. There is a corner filled with just kids.

Jolly is sitting on the steps up to the balcony/rooms chewing on a piece of some very tough looking bread. He has also put some clothes on.

"You went an' found a fella that matches your hair. A big one." He takes another bite of the bread and says while chewing, "You manage to save the town?"" He reaches for a mug and takes a mouthful of something while still chewing.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14684
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:51 pm

"Hope so! But I'm not sure we did as much as you. Here - the folk responsible paid us for our trouble. I figure you should get a share."

((I forget how much we got paid, but she'll give him 5 gold)).

User avatar
Rodgeir
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1930

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:03 pm

Jolly chokes and sprays crumbs and stale beer over the nearest people on the ground. It takes him a while to get over his coughing fit.

Wheezing Jolly gasps,

"Wha? You steal that?"

((5 platinum and 5 gold a piece. I updated your sheets. need to do that with the bandit money... Did Ves take that crossbow?))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14684
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:28 pm

((nah, I think she left it. She's not proficient and it's not her style))

"Heh. Nah. Rich folks are rich is all and don't think twice about giving their country away. Don't drink it all at once!"

Post Reply