Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11798
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:12 am

Totally wasn't trying to avoid making rolls, nope.

"Calm yourself, man. The entire city's water supply is tainted. Word is that an alchemist of some sorts is in this place, and may either be able to help resolve the issue or be behind it. As such, we have come here intending to seek aid. Just remain calm, you shan't be harmed."

Lurn Persuasion: 1D20+3 = [14]+3 = 17
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2070

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:37 am

The man focuses on Lurn and gives a nervous laugh, relaxing slightly,

"You want to speak with Master Re'Elmin? He wouldn't poison anyone! But if people are sick maybe he can help..."

The man looks at the room and broken glass,

"He is going to be upset that you ruined his ordering in here. We can perhaps not start with that?"

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11798
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:10 am

The large man gives a nod, "Quite the blunder, that. There were still concerns that the resident alchemist may be responsible for this matter, so we had hoped the collection could have some clue as to whether that held true. Evidently the organisation was too precise for those lacking knowledge to examine closely. Once on the path to protecting the citizens we can make amends for this mess."

Can we trust this person?
Lurn Intuition: 1D20+7 = [10]+7 = 17
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2070

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:38 am

The man nods slowly.

"Well...I guess you can see him. He is working in his lab up the hall. Why didn't the Prefect send notice? Or the normal courier?"

The man looks stricken,

"The Prefect isn't ill is he?"

Lurn gets the impression the man isn't being evasive and is genuinely concerned with the Prefect's well being and of his master's innocence. He is upset about finding four strangers in a storage room.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1479
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:46 am

Jaq opens his mouth to speak, but then thinks better of it and his lips smack shut again.
Lurn is doing great talking and Jaq doesn't want to screw that up, and being he is the only one with a weapon drawn, he will stay very quiet and watch for now.
He will sheath his rapier for now and try to not look intimidating in any way and wait to see what other questions the group has for this man.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15579
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:48 am

"Can ye lead us to yer mast'r? Maybeh 'e can 'elp us."

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2070

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:06 am

He looks down at Joe,

"Uh, yes? But the Prefect? Without the Prefect's consent and support we will have to move again."

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14798
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:38 am

"The perfect isn't going to help. Hell, he may be involved for all I know. I'm sure your master will be in a better position to decide than you. Let us talk to him, and I'm sure this will all be resolved."

Ves doesn't believe that anything will be solved so easily.

Insight: 1D20+5 = [4]+5 = 9

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2070

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:13 am

The man's nerves make him hard for Ves to get a good read.

The man looks uncertainly at Ves then back to Lurn before settling on Jaq's rapier. He grits his teeth a moment before nodding.

"Back this way. Up the hall to the left, you can follow me."

He turns slowly and, if allowed, will try to open the door and walk north.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1479
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:28 am

Jaq does speak up before they leave the room, in his most soothing non-threatening voice he asks, "What exactly is that vortex thing over there?" He points in the direction. "I've lived here my whole life and have never heard of anything like that just here in the basements of the town."

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2070

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:46 am

The man looks in the direction Jaq points and frowns,

"You've been breaking locks and bottles then?"

He takes a breath and not really expecting an answer continues,

"Those are the essence concentraters. Master Re'Elmin created them when we got here. They help him collect what he needs with the purity he needs for his work. They are something he learned from his master."

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15579
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:55 am

Joe flashes a couple of silver. "Ah'll pay fer tha damag's. 'Ow much ye think it'd be worth?."

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2070

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:03 am

"The bottles were specifically made for our work. I don't know the price but several hundred gold at least to replace."

He shakes his head sadly.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14798
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:23 am

Ves raises an eyebrow.

"Seems you should have spent a little more on the carpenter who put your shelves up. Come on, take us to this master of yours. And don't try anything."

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15579
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:34 am

"Ah dinnae 'ave tha much. But Ves be right, it woulda collasp'd soor'r o lat'r."

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2070

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:03 pm

"Odd that it happened when you got here." The man mutters rather loudly.

Turning he begins to walk north and at a junction goes left towards a closed door. He slides a hand into a pocket sewn into his robe on reaching the door and knocks loudly with his other hand before saying,

"Master, four guests have arrived. They claim some sort of poisoning has happened in town and affected the residents."

He then pauses and listens for a moment before pounding harder on the door,

"Master, did you hear me?"

There is no response.

He looks back at you and says,

"This is normal, he gets engrossed in the work. Please follow me."

He opens the door, hand still in his pocket.

((Giving everyone one a chance to react/respond now. Any specific marching order here?))

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1479
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:11 pm

"Look, I know you don't trust us, and I'm feeling the same. I need you to take your hand out of your pocket....NOW. And what the priest says is true. We wish you no harm, but we will defend ourselves if need be."

Jaq, injured, is fine with being 3rd of 4th in marching order.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2070

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:18 pm

The man looks surprised and pulls his hand out of his pocket. He brings a small, plain medallion with it that is attached to a key very similar to the one you received to get in.

((Think big key chain))

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1479
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:25 pm

"Ah, ok, good...a key, like the one I was given from the Prefect's man." Jaq will hold it up and wave it so the man can see it.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2070

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:31 pm

((Rapiers still out right?))

The man nods, still keeping his hands up,

"You work for the Prefect then? Why didn't you say that?"

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1479
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:46 pm

"Working for Stenrek, and the Prefect runs Stenrek, so...in a way I guess. Although I don't talk directly to him. But, yep, his man gave us this key so we could get down here and see what is going on the with the Alchemist and if he knows why the water in all the wells are poisoned in the town."

He put the rapier on his belt earlier, and will leave it there for now...but he put his hand back on the scabbard when the man put his hand in his pocket. Jaq is a bit jumpy down here.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2070

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:33 pm

The man slowly lowers his hand and puts it back in his pocket.

"Okay... Can we go in now, or?"

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15579
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:20 pm

"Aye. We can go. Dinnae mind 'im, it'd be a rough day."

(Error'd)

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11798
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:21 pm

Lurn can move in front, since Joe's the only other uninjured person.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14798
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:47 pm

Ves will go second.

"After you."

Post Reply