The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1471
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:44 pm

For Tess, Holger and Spider
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14783
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:56 pm

► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6901

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:24 pm

Damn ninjas!

Spider made it seem very unique a long time ago so I don't now how common stories would be?
► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14783
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:21 pm

► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15178

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:45 pm

Tren reloads and fires, managing to drop another.

Tren: Xbow: 1D20+4 = [8]+4 = 12
1D8+2 = [5]+2 = 7


Up the canyon, Dornikal hears the clatter of hooves as one of the goats, spooked by the wolf and subsequent shooting of others of the heard, broke back up the canyon in his direction.

((You've got a javelin toss at disadvantage to hit it as it's moving between shrubs and rock.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1471
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:38 pm

"Yeah, the curses are freaky looking. They apparently all look the same, that is what mine looks like, too. I think we'll have to pay someone at a church to cast a spell to get rid of them for us. Or else find snake demi-god that takes a liking to us and gets rid of them. Or we wait until I can cast strong spells and then I could get rid of them, but I don't think it is wise to keep them that long. I know I don't care to be bitten by a poisonous snake. I've had my fill of poison."

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2048

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:49 pm

Dornikal makes a somewhat clumsy throw at the fleeing goat.

Javelin attack on goat: 2D20.LOW(1)+6 = [3, 19]+6 = 9

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5391
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:37 am

(( Ah, well. Four goats is still a lot of meat.))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14783
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:53 am

Nemeia looks confused.

"I don't think anyone wants to be bitten by poisonous snakes, love... Why would that happen? These marks don't bite do they!?

I can't say I'm enthusiastic about trusting a church to get rid of these, but I don't think I want to wait either. Randy's right- this could be trouble if the wrong people see these."

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6901

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:47 am

((Well wisdom is my dump stat after all :lol: ))

Holger can't help but laugh at Tess' reaction at him proclaiming to be smart.
Coljin knowledge of stories of similar magic as his take him by surprise though.

"Huh, can't say I've heard any stories about people with similar magic as my own. The closest would propably be stories of novice wizards miscasting spells, but that has always struck me more as a way to keep children away from magic, especially in towns with wizard colleges. Those that call themselves 'proper' arcane casters don't like this form of magic. They don't care much for those using arcane magic gotten through ancestry rather than intense study either. As for the rarity, I doubt we'll find anyone like me out there."

As the talk moves over to the curse, Holger will add a bit as well.

"Maji brought a snake and pointed it at Zephyr and me. They are compelled to attack us and disregard their own safety completely. No attempt at escaping beyond getting to us.

But your right that it could be trouble just beeing seen with the curse, people could think we belong to a snake cult."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1471
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:08 am

"Part of my training through the church was books on the arcane and they told about the different types of magic. There is divine and arcane, and then variant ways they manifest. They spoke a bit of wild magic and I just assumed that is what you channeled. The book also mentioned how wild magic can also manifest in an area...such as a site where two arch-wizards battled with strong magic and it affected the land itself. Again, I've only read about most of this, not seen it. But that is why I'm travelling. To learn and see new stuff in person. Finding the ancient Gnome stronghold was the highlight so far. To think we somehow have forgotten about that part of our past!"

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14783
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:11 am

"As for the rarity, I doubt we'll find anyone like me out there."
Nem grins broadly, and shakes her head.

"Well isn't that just the truest thing you've said all day!"

She laughs, then listens to the snake-tattoo talk.

"Well, as long as we stay clear of the southern cities we should hopefully be all right. At least until we can pay someone to remove these marks or tell us more about what they mean. The wizards might have more information in their library too... I'd love to visit it properly! I saw it once a long time ago when my troupe was passing through, and I remember wishing I could go in and read all the stories inside!"

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1471
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:33 am

"I would very much enjoy seeing that library with you, Tess. I'm thinking about half of our group is going to want to visit the library, and I'm guessing the other half will probably get kidnapped or mistakenly anger a noble while we are reading."

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6901

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:42 am

Holger is saddened by the fact that he seemingly got cheated out of a kiss, which he was certain he saw coming till a moment ago. (Did you edit your post Thinks? :p )

"Talking about the wizards in Torfelna or are there some in Estmont as well?

I think you might be right Coljin.. it's going to be... interesting to see How Maji and Zephyr handle a proper city. Are we going to try interfere with whatever is happening with lord Estmont?"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15178

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:51 pm

The remaining goats have scattered, four is a good take though.

((You guys are plenty competent to dress and haul them back towards the mine, unless there is anything else you want to do?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14783
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:52 pm

(lol I did! I wasn't sure if Nem had entirely forgiven him yet, but sure, fuck it.)

She kisses him on the cheek.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14783
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:39 pm

Nem bursts out laughing.

"You know I wouldn't be surprised! But have you seen the library? What are they like? I always imagined it like a great big theatre where people read stories to their audience all day! I can't wait to see it!"

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15568
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:02 pm

► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5391
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:45 pm

Randy will collect his arrows and goats, then skin and dress them, wrapping the meat back in the hides until they can be gotten back to the mine. Since stealth is no longer a concern, but safety is, he pull out his sword with the light spell on it and use it to light the way back.
Once back, one goat will be given over to Renny to cook, one will be cut into strips to dry over a slow fire. Randy will then take the skins and scrape and sand them clean, then stretched to dry in the sun.

Randy looks on with a bit of curiosity on his face at Maj's project. (( It sounds like Maj is making a foot ball. :P ))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15178

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:45 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15568
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:01 pm

► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15178

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:35 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15568
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:39 pm

► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15178

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:47 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15568
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:18 pm

(fair enough! :lol: I need to learn to be more patient)

Post Reply