The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7505
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:44 am

Kytiel

The guard shakes his head as Kytiel stumbles away.

"...alright, just make sure you get yourself home. I don't want to find you out here again!"

Taking the long route back around to the front of the bank (just in case that guard decided to follow him), Kytiel arrives just as the mysterious robed stranger and his guard escort is leaving. It seems they were inside for about 30 minutes?

Not long after, Barric himself exits. Locking the doors behind him, he gives the guards stationed outside a nod, then sets off down the street.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15073

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:05 am

In a brief moment of decision, Kytiel heads off to tail the robed figure.

((How busy are the streets? I'd like him to be tailing by following at a reasonable distance, periodically ducking out of sight to change his appearance if possible. If the streets would allow it, possibly getting ahead of them and having a look at *something* as they approach to get a better look at their badges and possibly the hooded person's face.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15073

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:20 am

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5572

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:45 am

"Vur svabol bensvelk ui vi rhyaex fethos sjek wux stharl esostek di coi?" Veska snaps back at Barusk, before ascending into the den.

Shortly after, Veska kneels down to pick up the magical foot wrappings, and gives a half-hearted attempt at discerning what they do.
Arcana check on Rezaks boots: 1D20-1 = [10]-1 = 9

Her mind is elsewhere, though. She just... sits there for a moment or two, unconsciously counting the bodies. This was a kobold den, once. Could this have been prevented if the Onyx Depths had simply swallowed their damn pride and asked for some help? More importantly, who in the Hell unleashed this upon her kin?

In any case, the time on her Protection from Poison is running short. She picks herself up from her brief stupor and heads back down.

"Ehtaha astahi," Veska calls down, before dropping onto the Crawler body. She steps down towards Barusk. "Shar irral, vi lex."

Veska takes a deep, shuddering breath. "Svabol tira si visp wux ghoros yth confna tenpiswo? Tir ti qe pothoc. Vur svabol tira wux tir? Wux stharl persvek wer nif, harkt esostek di wer Crawler lae sjek ekess yenta 'confn itrewic ve'. Tir ti siofme si tira ti ocuir wux itrewic vilzriquathtor ini wer imgodid, vur hak tenamalo svadrav wux jahen zyak hofibavi lae ekess lekar wer pab mrith ve! Si tepoha wer rowlaon persvek wer pab, wux tir ti! Wer Crawler ornla tepoha vilzriquathtor wux vur yigmesha wux. Wux vur wer lyrik petissei ornla tepoha loreata sjek si tepohada ti coanwor tenpiswo! Vur svabol di wer ssifisv di wer Onyx Bekifi, hak?! Ios Rezak usv jacida frevor-persvek-meage, svabol ornla astahii tepoha authot seanf wer Crawlers, origato loaw wer Maw? Tira wux rinov siofme zahae batobot?!"

Veska takes another deep breath, calmer this time with that off her chest. "Wux vucot, si siofmea di majakir wux sia tiichir ekess klae wer jitric, ihk svadrav yth slathalin wer Maw. Jaka si tepoha thirkua sia ricin. Dout Maekrix geou itrewic nomenoi jitric de ve. Hesi vargach seanf wer Maw geou douhvy sjek si tepoha tivol bensvelk ekess yenta while si mi mobi."

With that said, Veska tries to determine which direction they have to go to get to the Maw. If it's somewhere high up, she'll climb and find a place to tie her rope, for the others if they need it.

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7505
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:22 am

Kytiel

Tailing the robed figure and their guards, Kytiel has no trouble blending in. Guessing their route is harder though - they seem to take corners at near random, as if worried of being followed. In the end he chooses to stick behind them so as not to lose their trail.

Eventually, they reach their destination. Tall, elegant gates, set into a 10ft high spiked wall and flanked by more guards. After exchanging a few brief words, the gate opens to allow them inside.

((Roll Perception))

Veska, Uragh, and Vatro

Veska looks over the boots, but doesn't see any clues to their function. Returning to the others, she finds Barusk examining the Crawler Vatro killed, while her criminal "friends" kinda just hang around aimlessly.

"Ehtaha astahi."

"Bensvelk. Majak astahi tenpiswo, vur yth shilta itrewic gethrisjir."

But before he can take them, Veska pulls back...and delivers a scathing rant.

Barusk takes it...surprisingly well, actually. Sure, at first it looks like he wants to straight up cave her skull in. But by the end he just look kind of...hardened.

"...vur svabol di wux? Si ocuira wux ehaismir batobot lyrik Crawler loaw. Re wux zyak sisargh lae ekess ti ocuir wer wharacic persvek dout lexri?"

"Wer bisai di vi Jennu Harroc ui ekess troth asta isthasyi vur myvishi. Si shilta clax wer loerchik. Astahii shilta ti. Rezak vucata nomeno. Jaci slathalina mrith kalith ekess wer sulta, ekess troth nomenes svaust tiliw ti troth astaha. Shar wux? Wux joork dout tairais mrith svant ingellarari, hefoc creol rauhiss wopsit."

"Si vinxa ihk ehtahir hesi rasvim. Shar halkvri wux majak astahi ekess asta vis kurjhari, yth offer wux thric throdenilt letoclo."


With that, he turns back to his warriors, gesturing back the way they came with a grunt.

Veska also realises that the fastest route for Uragh and Vatro is going to be through the higher, unblocked tunnel. She does have enough rope, but it was still going to take time for them to scale it.

((Uragh and Vatro need to roll Athletics to climb the rope quickly))

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12061

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:25 am

Uragh probably doesn't even need rope, if one is to be completely honest.

athletics: 1D20+7 = [18]+7 = 25


In each case, after getting up... Uragh is definitely considering never again taking on any sewer missions.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15073

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:41 am

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14651
Location: Florida

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:07 pm

Jax heads back round the front of the buildings. Pulling out a scrap of parchment, he scrawls the banker's
new addresss down on a piece of paper (the house the pair are in right now - no. 11?), and heads to the front door. He walks up and knocks on the door of what he believes to be the unoccupied house (number 9?)

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7505
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:12 pm

Kytiel

As the figure passes through the gates, they lower their hood. And Kytiel catches, in the briefest of moments, a glimpse of pointy ears and long golden locks.

And once they're out of sight, he notices something else. These guards have badges too - ones which match a design worked into the metal of the gate. The symbol seems to be that of a griffon grasping a spear, with some elvish engraved around it. He might not be able to understand it, but he does know someone who can, and memorises it for them later.

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5572

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:54 pm

"...Vur svabol di wux? Si ocuira wux ehaismir batobot lyrik Crawler loaw. Re wux zyak sisargh lae ekess ti ocuir wer wharacic persvek dout lexri?"

"Si mi rifstejar vur shivia de weyog. Usv tira batobot jaseve dout ricin jalyur?"

"Wer bisai di vi Jennu Harroc ui ekess troth asta isthasyi vur myvishi. Si shilta clax wer loerchik. Astahii shilta ti. Rezak vucata nomeno. Jaci slathalina mrith kalith ekess wer sulta, ekess troth nomenes svaust tiliw ti troth astaha. Shar wux? Wux joork dout tairais mrith svant ingellarari, hefoc creol rauhiss wopsit."

"Kwi si tepoha ocuirtor svanoa tonn dout molik ui, vur svanoa tonn dout fothisev ui, kiri. Tiric dout houpe shivi wux de weyog? Tiric coi origato wux frahr pab? Thric coi tiric ti."

"Rezak jahus sgos, shar jaci ui vsist loex. Loreatir ihk dout kin tiric thric bensvelk sjek astahii widegoa ekess qe persvek korth, vur ios Rezak wer Onyx Bekifi re loreatir. Sjek wux waph ihk dout kin, hak wux shilta agantal troth astahi, shar wux xoal ekess rechan dout tobor mojka sva rinovup shartleg."


"Si vinxa ihk ehtahir hesi rasvim. Shar halkvri wux majak astahi ekess asta vis kurjhari, yth offer wux thric throdenilt letoclo."

"Hmph, tira si ouith dout tiichi? Sjek wux rasv'kled dout tiichi zyak kiarf batobot wux ornla rechan mojka dout bensvelkilti krehl sva sventir wer Maw, hak wux re thric Harroc. Si geou svent wer Maw mrith usv ios wux, shar vucoti svanoa versvesh wux re. Ulnaus yth shilta xurwk qeelak tawura di coi, shar shio si tor ui batobot wux siofme ghoros wux gewj. Si geou majak wux nomeno ir annyo krehl. Geou wux maulk mrith ve, Barusk?"

Regardless of Barusk's answer, Veska will continue continue doing what she's doing, helping Uragh and Vatro up the ledge.
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15073

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:21 pm

Kytiel will have a quick look around the perimeter, paying attention to guards, wards, and the like, before heading back to the safe house.

Kytiel will post up where he can observe the manor for a while. Nearby rooftop perhaps?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6866

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Theis2 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:06 pm

Vatro too is doing an excellent job at getting up the pipe.

Vatro athletics: 1D20+3 = [16]+3 = 19
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7505
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:08 am

Jax

A crazy plan forming, Jax scribbles down the address that Barric gave him (No.9), then goes and knocks at No.11.

There's a short delay, some muffled conversation, and then the door is opened by Eris the half-elf.

"Hello? Can I help you?"

Kytiel

Wanting to keep an eye on the area, Kytiel looks around for somewhere high up to scout from. There are a couple of nearby buildings with convenient chimneys to hide behind, helped by the rapidly oncoming darkness of night.

((Roll Athletics and Stealth if you want to sneak up somewhere.))

Veska, Uragh, and Vatro

Barusk ignores Veska's barbs, showing surprising restraint for such a hard-headed guy. The warriors give each other a few glances, but say nothing - finding a gap around the Crawler and squeezing through. Soon only Barusk is left, and he turns to look at Veska with a cold stare.

"Wux tuor ve ekess siofme ghoros si gewj? Hak si geou."

"Ios wer rasvim si geou ti qe versvesh aurthon ekess ehaism wer Maw. Vur si mi ti gethrisjir ekess rechan mojka wer tobor di sio usv sia isthasyi. Wux siofme wux shilta svent coi ios udoka? Hak gethrisj. Tir coi."


Vatro and Uragh, meanwhile, don't end up needing much help to climb the walls. It's almost like they want to get this whole mess dealt with as quickly as possible.

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6866

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Theis2 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:28 am

"Stop arguing with your boyfriend with topsider envy! I wasted money on this damn spell so I want to use it before it runs out! Lead us to the bank already!"

Vatro will be more than ready to move on!
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5572

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:10 am

"Heh, bensvelk aurthon. Coi ui vi tlushtow sva gekip," Veska says, simply tossing Rezak's footwraps down. She glares invisibly at Vatro but continues. "Qe qeelak, hesi tija ui sultair. Vur dronilnr sia rope mrith wux."

With that, she turns and starts leading the others towards the Maw, letting Barusk catch up on his own.

Stealth and Perception (Natural Explorer) traveling to the Maw:
1D20+7 = [3]+7 = 10
1D20+6 = [20]+6 = 26


"Ya hear any voices ya don't know, ignore it. It's the Maw playin' tricks on ya. Worse, if ya hear it, means it knows we're comin'." And Veska shares as much with the kobolds, too.

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7505
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:47 am

Veska, Uragh, and Vatro

Vatro's impatience almost causes Barusk to just turn and leave. But then Veska tosses down the wrappings at his feet, and he breaks into a wide grin.

"Wux re ti lae sisargh lae si siofmea. Origato udoka maulk!"

Barusk barks some orders to his unseen warriors then begins to put on his new shoes. Veska wasn't going to wait for him, but in the end she doesn't need to. With the Boots on, he takes a few seconds to get a feeling for them....then leaps straight over the water and up into the tunnel in a single bound!

Huh. So that's what they do.

Landing on the ledge with a barking laugh, he leans down and helps her pull the rope up.

"Wer lyriki vucot voga idol. Astahii geou ehtah udoka."

((Stealth and Per rolls from Uragh/Vatro please.))

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5572

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:15 am

Veska's eyes go wide as the big oaf Barusk casually jumps up two stories, but she gives a leery eye towards where the other kobolds left. "Astahii desta. Wer ir jahus ezoukea, jinthil?"

"Vur doegel ti ekess wielg sari wer Maw's juroshog mrith nomenes," she jokes, leading the way. "Si tir ti tuor ekess xiiva astahi ekik huena yth re authot."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15073

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:17 am

Kytiel finds a likely building and stealthily walks up the wall.

Stealth: 1D20+4 = [18]+4 = 22
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6866

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Theis2 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:34 am

Roll for me please :)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12061

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:16 am

Also for me unless I get home in time :)

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7505
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:53 am

Kytiel

After checking nobody's watching, you literally stroll up the wall of one house. Easy. Once up there, you find a small nook out of sight, and settle in.

Now that you're high enough up, you can see that over the wall is an impressively large tract of land. Especially for somewhere that's effectively in the middle of a city. A long driveway, flanked by trees and flowerbeds, leads up to an impressive manor house. There are a few other buildings around it - stables, serving quarters, and so on - but all of them are dwarfed by the majesty of the manor.

The rest of the walled-off land is largely taken up by trees, but there are a couple of other interesting landmarks. First being what looks like a large cabin in the woods, while on the other side is a small...graveyard? Or a mausoleum, perhaps.

Veska, Uragh, and Vatro

The group of misfits set off, hurrying towards the final goal. However in their haste, they totally forget about being sneaky. Somehow, despite all odds, Barusk is the stealthiest of the group. On the bright side though, it does make it easy for the Kobolds to find them once they catch up.

The first thing that hits you as you get close is the stench. Rotten meat invades your nostrils, clawing its way down your throats. The Crawler lairs were bad enough, but this....it's like walking into a wall of rot and decay.

And the second thing that catches your attention is a faint voice, on the edge of your hearing. So quiet it's barely a whisper...

"Help me. Please, help."

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5572

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:28 pm

Now Veska was used to some bad smells, but this miasma the group was pushing into was still taking some effort for her to keep from gagging at. And from the stench comes the voice, stopping Veska in her tracks.

"Huh...? Ah, damn it, it caught onto us... but it don't know we caught on right back." She looks back at Barusk and his entourage. "Tir ti voenllyl wer ivah. Coi ui wer Maw rechanir riyitic. Wux fogah zexenuma zara udoka, yth geou jilg coi."

"So let's... try an' find that pile o' meat it's hidin' under, I guess, see if there's a part of it stickin' out we can shoot, force it to come out. Kerash said somethin' about a stalk? Lessee about that." Veska then proceeds to ease closer to the source of the voice, looking for said giant mound of rotting meat. Hopefully she'll see it before the Maw sees them (90 feet of darkvision).

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14651
Location: Florida

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:29 pm

"Oh hello! I was told to come here, and that you would be able to help. You... do work at the bank, don't you?"

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7505
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:11 am

Jax

"Oh hello! I was told to come here, and that you would be able to help. You... do work at the bank, don't you?"

"...yes. What is it I can help you with? Is there an emergency?"

Veska, Uragh, and Vatro

Ignoring the voice, the group pushes on; and on rounding the next corner, are greeted by a grisly sight.

The cylindrical chamber beyond is larger than most in the sewers, with a diameter of about 30ft and a height of almost 40. Tunnels and pipes of various widths line the walls, some open and others blocked by metal grates. Unpleasant brown liquid flows down the walls, channelled into an uncovered, 10ft diameter circular pit in the centre of the chamber.

And on the other side of the pit sits a mountain of rotten meat, towering almost 10ft high. At this distance the exact..."contents" of the heap isn't clear, but you see what looks like a couple of four-legged carcasses. As for how they got all the way down here - that bloodstained diagonal shaft above probably had something to do with it. At first glance it seems like some strange dumping ground for rotten meat.
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5572

Re: The Heist - 5e D&D Game

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:28 pm

Veska tries to see where the Maw might be poking out, but if it is then it looks like any other part of the meat pile. None of the others seem to be able to see it, either.

"...Kerash said it waited 'til they got close, then it jumped 'em. But if I get close, it won't know it, hopefully, and I'll get a good look at it. Just... be ready to shoot if it does pop out," Veska tells the others, translating as much to the kobolds. Then the smear of darkness that she is nearly vanishes, edging closer to the pile of fetid meat.

Hiding check (Invisible) to get close to Maw, then Perception:
1D20+7 = [16]+7 = 23
1D20+6 = [14]+6 = 20

Post Reply