The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14617
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:32 pm

I sent you many intitives but is Maji even aware that Zephyr got herself in trouble again?

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13676

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:35 pm

((The skeletons have stayed back, I'll get an updated map up, might change things slightly once I have a look at where things were.))

((The gnomes will be too the top soon, so I'm taking initiative on everyone. Randy and Zephyr managed to stall for a little while.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13676

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:54 pm

((Need an Init for Ulmwin, but since I don't think he is able to impact downstairs at the moment...)

"A wassste of potential... no matter, I'll ssstill find a ussse for you onssce you're dead. Kill her."

It extends a finger lazily in Zephyr's direction as a deep ringing gong sound fills the air. Zephyr can feel it worming its way into her...

((Another Wisdom saving throw!))


Zihuassal
Maji <-------------
Randy
Zephyr
Holger
Coljin
Tess
Ulmwin?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14617
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:13 pm

Maji has no idea what is going on so he is being a lazy butt and watching Holger trying to destroy stuff.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13676

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:16 pm

((Good point. I'll let Zephyr make her save and see what Randy wants to do. Hail of Thorns and Planar can't be done on the same turn, and he'd have to drop torch/sword to get bow out to bear anyway.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4547
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:05 pm

((Okay then. Randy will drop torch and sword in favor of bow. Skip Hail of Thorns, just PW.))

long bow: 1D20+4 = [19]+4 = 23

long bow damage: 1D8+2 = [7]+2 = 9

planar warrior: 1D8 = [8] = 8

:shock: Holy....!
That's...a decent set of rolls! Total of 17 damage with one shot!

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11268

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:35 am

Initiative: 1D20+2 = [19]+2 = 21

Once Ulmwin arrives at the top of the ramp, he warns the others they waked up something big, and the others are probably gonna need help.

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6386

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:04 am

Holger will grumble, drop his likely dull dagger and dash down as safely as possible.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8187
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:59 am

The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12822
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:46 am

Nem rolls her eyes as holger darts off.

"What kind of big? And what kind of help? Are they fighting something or do we need to rescue them?"
Last edited by thinkslogically on Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11268

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:50 am

"Well, according to Coljin here, thing thinks himself a god. It probably isn't, but I still don't think we should underestimate something that's survived for this long in a tomb."

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12822
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:02 am

"... That doesn't sound good. Damn. Ily would be awfully helpful right about now."

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14617
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:31 am

Maji sighs and shakes his head. With a grunt he picks himself up. He has a guess as to who caused this trouble. One that has constantly caused them trouble. He looks at Ulmwin and traces a Z in the air.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1102
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:56 am

Coljin speaks even quicker than usual, "More undead, it's a snake Mummy type thing. BIG. And more skeletons. And it is asking Randy to make an Oath of obedience to it. Church of Kzzseth?? Let's go! Not Zephyr's fault."
He cannot help but try to be the voice of 'lets-get-along' even now...

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12822
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:04 am

Well that sounds terrible...

Nemeia tries to remember any more details about the Church of Kzzseth (following her previous good rolls), to see if she knows what sorts of activities they typically get up to, and whether Randy is likely to get screwed over if he takes the oath.

INT (religion): 1D20+2 = [6]+2 = 8

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13676

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:12 am

Ulmwin makes it to the top of the ramp ahead of Coljin, and pants out his warning.

Maji stands up and blames Zephyr. ((Doing anything else?))

Holger dashes for the ramp, and starts heading down.

Coljin flattens himself to the side of the tunnel as Holger comes rushing in, then elaborates on what he was able to see that Ulmwin did not.

Tess has a think about the Church that Coljin mentioned, but can't recall anything additional in the moment. Making oaths to dead things in tombs rarely turns out well in the stories though. ((Anything else?))

Image

Zephyr feels the ringing sapping her vitality, she feels vaguely queasy and unwell.

Toll the Dead: 2D8 = [1, 3] = 4

Randy drops torch and sword, and unslinging his bow with practiced ease, draws back an arrow, focusing for a moment on the monstrosity before him, tugging at planar energies before he releases the string. The arrow zips forth, impacting the creature's shoulder and knocking him back slightly as some of the fabric is torn away, revealing mangled, dry flesh covered in scales.

"Traitor! You dare raissse armsss againssst me, Zihuassal?! Chosssen of The Sssibilant Death, High Massster to the vrael olo?"

He seems upset at the sudden betrayal of his new favored slave.

The skeletal warrior, dashes forward to follow its master's command to kill, and makes it up into Randy and Zephyr's faces, separate lower jaws clacking angrily. The skeleton is of a large fellow in life, standing a foot to taller than either of you.

Image




Ulmwin <-------------
Zihuassal
Maji
Randy
Snake-head skeleton
Zephyr <-------------
Holger
Coljin
Tess
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11268

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:16 am

Ulmwin starts racing back down..!

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8187
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:22 am

Can I use my held attack on this skeleton guy?

So, because of the grim scabbard -1d4 of damage, I technically took 0 damage right?
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13676

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:24 am

((Sure. You'll need to roll the d4.))
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8187
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:30 am

As the skeleton rushes her position, zephyr slams her sword into its body.

Attack: 1D20+5 = [17]+5 = 22
Damage: 1D8+3 = [3]+3 = 6

And for her action on her turn.

As her blade connects, she doesn't pause a beat as she slashes at it again.

Attack: 1D20+5 = [3]+5 = 8
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12822
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:39 am

Nem will pause at the back, trying to decide whether it's sensible to keep someone outside to seal the tomb again in case this all goes wrong. She's hurt and out of spells... But then again, coming here was her idea and it seems a shame to miss out on seeing some undead god-thing for herself.

She follows the others down the ramp, keeping hidden in the shadows and stopping as soon as she can get a view of the battle below.

Stealth: 1D20+4 = [13]+4 = 17

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8187
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:42 am

The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13676

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:00 am

Ulmwin turns on his heel and rushes past Holger.

((I'm going to say the ramp is wide enough not to be difficult terrain to pass one another, so will be marking your progress down the ramp after your name in the turn order.))

Zephyr hits the skeleton once, but misses on the second.

A second skeleton emerges from the dark, similarly large, but this one has a more humanoid head, but its arms are two long, multi-jointed appendages that end in a pair of skulls that look like the first skeleton... snakes for arms?! It dashes up close to Zephyr as well.

The mummified Zihuassal pulls free some wrappings and throws them to the ground, uttering harsh whispers in a sibilant tongue. The wraps begin to move and squirm, turning into a swarm of tiny snakes writhing about. He points in the direction of Zephyr and Randy, and they all turn to look, tongues flicking about.

((Not sure I gave proper scale other than in the map, but Zihuassal is considered to be a Large creature, so is towering above you guys.))

Image


Snake-arm skeleton
Ulmwin: 50
Zihuassal
Maji <-------------
Randy <-------------
Snake-head skeleton
Zephyr
Holger: 20
Coljin
Tess: 20
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14617
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:20 am

He will start the teck downstairs and get them out of the mess.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4547
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:32 am

Randy thinks why change something that works? Targeting Zihuassal.

Long bow:1d20+4 = [15] = 19

long bow damage:1d8+2 = [4] = 6

PW: 1d8 = [2] = 2
Total 8 damage

He'll then dodge back 10 ft. to avoid the snakes.

Post Reply