The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13685

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:38 am

Not having made an intensive study of anatomy, Tess can figure out which are finger bones and which are wrist bones for the most part, but it only approximates a hand. The spirals, however, don't seem to be puzzle pieces of a larger whole, each is contained to the bone it is on, with the longer finger bones having more of a spiral pattern than the tiny wrist bones.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4553
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:50 am

Randy makes the appropriate responses to Coljin's prayer. Other than that, he just patiently smolders away.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13685

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:52 am

((Is that smoldering emotional, physical, or both? ;) ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14619
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:55 am

Since Maji is in bear form, I guess he can go up and smash the damaged gem.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13685

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:59 am

((Give me a DEX save, it'll get a shot at you before you can make the attempt, then you can give me your attacks for the turn after. I have you as having taken 19 of 34 in damage, so the one shot from it won't change anything before you get to make an attack.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1105
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:04 pm

UUUgghhh. Is NO ONE going to take my hint and just stay put for a moment so we can mass heal???

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13685

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:05 pm

((Apparently not! Though Maji's beast form HP are ephemeral anyway, so the dagger's healing is probably best spent restoring HP that are less temporary in the rest of you.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1105
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:18 pm

He will place the dagger on the floor as he did the last time/first time he used it, so that it's rain healing powers begin and he will then take a seat on the floor and let himself enjoy the feeling.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11275

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:21 pm

Ulmwin enjoys sweet, sweet healing.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13685

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:24 pm

The warm, soothing rain cascades down on the majority of the party, while Maji heads towards the right statue and Holger keeps his perch on the left statue.

((Coljin, Tess, Randy, Ulmwin and Zephyr each regain 1 HP.))

((Maji, if you're not partaking, I'll figure out the rest of the healing while you're doing your thing.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6393

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:30 pm

"I'll just stay here till you are ready to move or the statue breaks."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14619
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:57 pm

Maji's hp is kind of temporary anyways so he'll smashy the gem after Zephyr destroyed her spear.
Dex: 1D20 = [18] = 18
Claw bite: 1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15
1D8+4 = [8]+4 = 12
1D20+5 = [3]+5 = 8
2D6+4 = [6, 1]+4 = 11

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13685

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:07 pm

Maji gets a face full of snake beam as he approaches, but manages to duck and take only a glancing strike.

Statue Beam: fire, necrotic, radiant: 1D4 = [1] = 1 --> 0
1D4 = [3] = 3 --> 1
1D4 = [3] = 3 --> 1


He then rather looks like he's going in for a kiss, tongue grappling with the snake, his teeth unable to get a good purchase on it before swiping with his claws, but they skitter across the surface.

Everyone under the cloud regains another HP (I think this takes Coljin to full).

The statues fire again.

((Another DEX save from Maji, then more attacks, presumably.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14619
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:34 pm


User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13685

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:47 pm

Maji gets shot with another beam, but again ducks most of it.

Statue Beam: fire, necrotic, radiant: 1D4 = [1] = 1 --> 0
1D4 = [2] = 2 --> 1
1D4 = [3] = 3 --> 1


With a snarl, he snaps at it again, his teeth scraping across the fangs of the snake, before rearing back and slashing with a powerful claw that does manage to hit the gem square on, and with an audible *tchick*, its light goes out as it crumbles into glistening red dust, a harmless wave of heat washing over Maji.

Tess, Randy, Zephyr and Ulmwin each regain health as the cloud persists, eventually the rain stops falling and the cloud disappears. The dagger's blade is no longer marked with raindrops.

((Zephyr, Ulmwin, and Coljin are at full health, Tess is at 13/20 and Randy is at 11/25.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4553
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:39 pm

Randy nods gratefully to Coljin, notices that Tess still looks a bit frazzled, hesitates a second, shrugs, then concentrates and touches her on the shoulder.

healing: 1D8+3 = [2]+3 = 5

He manages a bit of a weak grin. "It's not much, but it's all I can do for now."

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11275

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:50 pm

"Don't you need some healing yourself, Randy..?" Ulmwin asks, noticing he seems to still have quite a couple wounds himself. "I've still a couple healing spells left if you want me to use one."

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12834
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:56 pm

Nem looks around in surprise.

"I - Thank you! But Ulmwin's right, you should have kept that for yourself! You need it more than I do!"

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14619
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:04 pm

Maji comes back from the lazer snake, grinning. He looks at the others to see what they want to do.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4553
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:43 pm

Randy nods to Ulmwin in gratitude. He turns back to Tess, taps his breast plate. "This helps some, although I won't pretend that I'm not a bit sore right now. Those gems pack a punch." he hesitates. "Sorry about what happened to Ily, Tess."

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12834
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:13 pm

Nemeia gives Randy a smile.

"He's ok. I just need to summon him up again and he'll be back and his usual self again. I've got enough stuff to summon him once more, but I can't do it more than that without replenishing my supplies. We'll be more careful next time.", She says, half speaking to Randy and half to herself / Ily.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4553
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:38 am

Randy nods, smiles back. He gives her shoulder a reassuring pat and then heads over to Ulmwin.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11275

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:43 am

Ulmwin casts... A suprisingly effective cure wounds.

Cure wounds: 1D8+2 = [8]+2 = 10

"There... I can do it again, if needed."

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4553
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:02 am

"Thank you. Go ahead and save it for now. We might need for someone else in worse shape at this rate."

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1105
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:02 am

"So, do we deal with the undead in the other side hallways now? Or do we continue to work on destroying the other snake statue?" he asks as he stows the dagger back in his backpack.

Post Reply