The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13676

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:13 am

((So, technically frostbite only targets creatures... and needs to hit first without you shooting yourself in the foot. At the risk of being inconsistent with targeting in the past/future, I'll take some attack rolls at disadvantage.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6387

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:39 am

There's no attack roll in the spell, just a con save. Doesn't stone snake count as a creature? o:)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8187
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:40 am

The snakes are basically just immobile stone golems. :D
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13676

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:48 am

((Doh, I read frostbite, and turned that into Ray of Frost in my head. I'm willing to try to be flexible on attack ones, but think save based that specify creature need the creature to target.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6387

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:57 am

Aaawwwwww.. Fair enough though :P
Holger will just wait it out for now, rather than blast his own feet off, plenty of opportunity to do that again in the future.

"I'll just stay up here, hoping this thing destroys itself. It seems to try targeting me through itself. Definitely nothing on the statues that indicates what the source of the magic is and how to disable it. I guess the gem in the middle is the key to these statues."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13676

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:19 am

((Coljin's in the way at the moment, but you'd be able to shoot at the same one Zephyr has been targeting on the far side.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6387

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:54 am

Holger isn't interested in ruining the gems, so he'll refrain from that for now.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13676

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:34 am

Maji makes it out of the range and to Tess without getting shot in the butt, as the statue fires on Coljin's shield again, and the other fires at Holger's feet.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4551
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:04 am

Randy winces and groans a little, then staggers over to where Tess has her bone collection to take a look.

Arcana:1d20+1 = [8] = 9

He's not really feeling up to arcane puzzles at the moment, looking a bit like he escaped from a long pig barbeque where he was the guest of honor. :P

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8187
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:48 am

Have I run out of throws? shall I make some more?
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13676

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:50 am

((Just give me one for now.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11272

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:51 am

Ulmwin keeps trying to help, but is rapidly agreeing with the sentiment they should just regroup and figure out what to do, first.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13676

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:45 am

((If everyone is in a holding pattern or retreating, does that include Coljin and Holger? If you run away from active statues, I'll take a DEX save from each of you as you depart.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8187
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:11 am

The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13676

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:13 am

The javelin clatters off Coljin's shield.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6387

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:42 am

Holger is staying on the statue
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1103
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:57 am

Yes, once everyone...but Holger...is retreated to the far end of the room, Coljin will run back to safety.

Dex Save: 1D20-1 = [19]-1 = 18

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13676

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:11 am

Coljin dashes to safety, managing to take the hit off his shield and taking no damage.

((Currently both statues are active, with Holger being regularly fired upon to no effect by the left one, while the right statue is warbly and seemingly unstable from Zephyr's occasional hits. Zephyr, you can take another few attempts if you'd like. Say... 3 tosses to keep it easy for me to handle.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8187
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:41 am

The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13676

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:44 am

On the third throw, the javelin wedges again, and before Zephyr can recall it, the wooden handle burns to cinders, the slivered tip clattering to the ground at the far end of the room. She tries to summon it to her hand, but nothing answers her call.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8187
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:51 am

:(
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13676

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:52 am

((How long is Holger going to remain perched atop the statue?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1103
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:59 am

Coljin will move about 20 feet south of the line of danger where the statues can hit.
He will take out the magical dagger and he will begin a prayer while holding it, "Mielikki, we ask you to guide us, so that your knowledge can nudge us in the correct direction of how to bypass these snake statues. I beseech thee for your divine wisdom. There are still foul undead in this desecrated temple and I will continue, with your power, to destroy them. As always, your humble servant."

He will then look around to the others, "Whoever needs healing, let's use the healing power of this dagger to recharge." Then Facing towards the statue climbing Holger, "Are you staying there awhile? Should I hold off on the mass healing until you finish doing...whatever you are doing??"

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13676

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:10 am

Your brief prayer has you feeling more confident in the abilities of you and your fellows to clear this place of its undead taint.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12825
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:28 am

Nemeia ignores the prayer and starts trying to piece the skeleton bones back together.

Int check: 1D20+2 = [8]+2 = 10

Post Reply