PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11416
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Dlover » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:28 am

► Show Spoiler
First up, the Paralysis makes Guts trigger, giving Roy +2CS to Attack, raising him to a total of +3 (Initial +1 is from the Ace Trainer feature).

"Another Fire Punch, Roy."

AC = 6, Damage = 59
(Move is AC4 because of Hustle.)
Last edited by Dlover on Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5180

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:36 am

Koa can't help but jump a bit as the carnival suddenly comes alive and startles him. His nerves settle quickly, though, with this just being a weird game room. Actually, is this what the riddle was referring to, with the lantern being hidden by fun? He'll have to check this room over, since he doesn't immediately see where such a lantern might be.

For now, Koa gladly takes the ticket offered and confidently steps up to the bell and hammer game. He picks up the hammer, roots his feet to the floor as he lowers himself into a familiar Moon Mountain stance, and brings the hammer down with about as much force and leverage as he can manage!

Athletics for bell and hammer game: 4d6+2 = [6, 6, 3, 3] = 20

User avatar
Natrivv
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1278

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Natrivv » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:47 pm

Irene in a mechanical puppet like fashion puts in the 3rd tape. "Are you telling me the best way to hunt down Darkrai is to host a karaoke competition!" Her world view was being challenged to a new degree of surrealism. Diance making jewelry makes total sense, Darkrai being a drunken man singing karaoke at the top of his lungs...

but that wasn't the important thing. Jack he was pushing to get his pokemon a better life... he just failed to realize that if his pokemon were willing to go through such a brutal regimen for him that he probably had a good life from close friends and family, even if he lacked material goods. A bad man for good reasons... If only you knew what you had.

After the third tape plays, and the third light hopefully turns green Irene tries to open the door.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11272

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:02 am

You did it. Again.

Thank you. I know I don't sound very excited... It's hard to be.

But this is really important. We can do something! If we just continue, then.

...

Wait.

Zygarde? That name... Why does it sound...

It...

That's my name.

Well. It used to be.

I remember now.

This time... I have a special story for you.

Begin intermission 0x0000001: The forgotten king

A man, dressed in the finest of silk, the most expensive of jewelry, a general air of the elite of the elite... None the less found himself with what almost seemed like a glint of desperation of his eyes. He sat kneeling in front of a bowl of water, the candles set, the herbs burning... He had hoped he would never have to do this again, and yet here he was. The knife glinted in the moonlight as it cut across the palm of his wrist, and the drops of dark red trickled into the bowl... Not a moment later, he was met with darkness' embrace. The room around him seemed to disappear, as he became aware of it's presence... Formless, but immense. Overwhelming.

"IF IT IS NOT MY MOST LOYAL SUBJECT."
"DO TELL ME, DEAR KING. WHAT IS IT YOU COME TO ME FOR ON THIS BLESSED DAY?"

The voice seemed almost mocking. It likely was- It had already known this day would come. The king, none the less, spoke.

"I have another wish I'd like to make."
"OH?"
"AND WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE LEFT TO OFFER ME?"
"YOU HAVE ALREADY GIVEN ME YOUR SOUL. IN RETURN FOR THE POWER TO DRIVE ANY FOE BEFORE YOU."
"AND I HAVE ALREADY GRACIOUSLY GRANTED YOU THE GIFT TO MAKE ANYONE FOLLOW YOUR WORDS. FOR THE PRICE OF YOUR BODY."
"WHAT DO YOU HAVE LEFT."

There seemed to be a bitter silence... Before the king replied.

"My name. Grant my wish... And I will give you my name."
"YOU WOULD?"
"WOULD THAT NOT GO ENTIRELY AGAINST YOUR DESIRES?"
"IS THAT NOT WHAT YOU WANTED? TO BECOME THE GREAT KING?"
"TO UNIFY THE ENTIRE WORLD? TO SACRIFICE YOURSELF. BUT BE REMEMBERED ETERNAL?"
"YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IF I TAKE YOUR NAME, DO YOU NOT?"
"YOU WILL BE FORGOTTEN. IT WILL BE AS IF YOU HAD NEVER EXISTED."
"...Yes. I know."
"WHAT MADE YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND?"
"DID YOU REALIZE. YOU ARE NOT AS SMART AS YOU THOUGHT?"

Now it was definitely mocking. Almost openly laughing. The man bitterly slammed his still bleeding fist next to the bowl.

"Will you listen, or not?!"

Silence. Eventually, the entity spoke once again.

"WHAT WOULD YOUR WISH BE?"

"...I want the means to control the gods. To capture them."

"I want the apple."

"And the power to use it in a way I deem myself fit."

There seemed to be a moment of hesitation. Deliberation... Inspection. Before the entity spoke once more.

"AGREED."

"KING ZYGARDE."

"IT IS DONE."

The darkness faded, and the man once again found himself within his royal chambers... All was the same. With the exception of an almost glowing sphere laying within the murky water. There was barely any hesitation to scoop it up, and pocket it within his vestments. He was already late.

The king climbed down from his tower, to the halls below. The servants alerted him the guests of honor had arrived. He nodded. He sighed. He put on a big fake smile, and strode out into the hall.

The tables were lined with exotic foods. Music was playing. Dancers were dancing. And yet, the air somehow seemed tense. The king walked forwards to one of the guests of honor- A man that both seemed to hold the appearance of a wizened old man, and yet that of a colossus, standing tall and wide. Next to him sat a young maiden... Upon her face you could somehow both see immaculate beauty and youth, and a thousand years of knowledge. For what it was worth, the man himself got up at seeing the king approach with arms outstretched... And briefly embraced in what seemed to be a genuine means of greeting.

"Gigas. Old friend." spoke the king as he let loose. The ancient nodded.

"Zygarde. What is it you requested my presence for?"

The king sighed. He offered a half smile, gesturing at the tables around him. "Would you not like to partake in festivities, first? I've fruits from the southern continents, pies of all flavors, got out my special cask of wine."

The god stared tensely. The king sighed.

"...I need your help, friend."

Before the legendary could even scoff, the king continued.

"Not in the way you think. I realize now... I messed up. We all messed up. I want to help. I want to make things go back to how they were."

The legendary stopped his attempt at interruption... But simply now stared blankly. The girl he was with looked... Worried.

"I want... To help you and your kind reestablish what they once were. I want to dismantle the monarchy. Hand the keys back to you. Turn back to simpler times, where we listened to your rule. If we work together... We can make that happen, again."

"I am the great king. And you are the right hand of god. They'll listen to the both of us."

The man sounded pleading. Desperate. A look in his eyes up at the giant to show he was earnest. And yet. The man sighed, and shook his head.

"No, friend. I won't be doing that."

"I've said it many times before... If this is the path that humanity wants to walk... Then I shall not stop it."

The king nodded, at first... But then his expression tensed. Fist slamming on the table in front of them.

"Damn it, Regi... You can't keep running from this!" he spoke, yelled, as the sound in the rest of the room was quickly dampening. None the less the man's tense expression quickly faded back into one last, desperate plea.

"Please. Before it's too late."

There was one, final moment of hesitation... Before the god slowly turned.

"...I'm tired, friend."

"If that is all... Come, Mew. We're leaving."

The man made for the exit. The woman he was with offered a brief, apologetic smile, before taking his side. He spared one last glance over his shoulder as he began to leave.

"I think... You knew this was going to be the outcome from the start, did you not?"

The king nodded, as the pair continued... His hand drawing back into the sleeve where the apple lay hidden.

"...I did."

The ball was thrown across the yard, time almost seeming to slow down as it did. It's target was clear, set on the man, as guards stood ready by the side, knowing to restrain the girl...

But it was the girl who glanced over her shoulder, and saw the object first.

It was the girl who pushed him out the way.

One could hear a pin drop from the silence that followed as the ball hit the mother, and trapped her within it's confines instead. The builder stared blankly, as if not yet understanding what had just transpired, looking down at the cursed object... Before his vision trailed back to the king. And he spoke, softly at first. But soon turned into a raging tempest.

"...What have you done?"

"WHAT. HAVE. YOU. DONE?!"

As his feet slammed into the ground, one could almost swear the castle began to split in half... And for the king, soon everything turned black- Before, however briefly, he found himself in a cold, dark void.

"W-Where am I?" he shouted into the darkness. "What happened?!"

The one voice he would not have wanted to answer, did.

"YOU DIED."

"HE POPPED YOUR HEAD OPEN LIKE A CHERRY."

"Wha... No! My gift! I-"

"OH YES. YOU HAVE THE POWER TO DRIVE ANY FOE BEFORE YOU."

"OH. BUT WAIT. HE WAS YOUR FRIEND. WAS HE NOT?"

"HAA HAA HAA."

"HOW I LOVE TO FOLLOW EVERYTHING. TO THE LETTER."

"YOU FOOL."

"DID YOU EVER REALLY THINK YOU WERE SMARTER THAN ME?"

"THAT YOU COULD WORD YOUR WISHES IN A SENSE THAT SOUNDED INTERESTING TO ME."

"AND GET AWAY WITH IT?"

"YOU WANTED TO BECOME THE GREAT KING. THE ENDER OF ALL WARS. TO BE THE ONE TO GO DOWN IN THE HISTORY BOOKS TO HAVE UNITED THE WORLD UNDER ONE BANNER."

"AND YOU DID. BUT YOU FORGOT JUST ONE LITTLE DETAIL... YOU MAY BE JUST. BUT YOU WERE NOT IMMORTAL. WHO WOULD TAKE YOUR THRONE? WOULD THE EMPIRE JUST FALL APART?"

"...This... This was your plan from the start. Wasn't it?"

"HAA HAA HAA."

"SO PREDICTABLE."

"AND THEN YOU THOUGHT I WOULD BE SATISFIED... WITH JUST CLAIMING YOUR NAME FOR THE MISTAKES YOU MADE?"

"MY AMBITIONS ARE SO MUCH GREATER."

"IN FACT. BEFORE I SHALL HAVE YOU EMBRACE OBLIVION. LET US SEE HOW THIS WORLD REACTS WITHOUT YOU IN IT. SHALL WE?"

"LOOK AT THAT. ALL THESE NOBLEMEN. ALL THESE LORDS OF THE LAND. NOW KINGS OF THEIR OWN."

"WITH NO RULER... NO ORDER. AND ALL WITH A HUNGER FOR POWER."

"IT WILL NOT BE LONG. BEFORE EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM IS AT EACH OTHERS THROAT."

"This... This isn't what I wanted!"

"IT NEVER IS."

"AND I AM AFRAID. THIS WORLD DOES NOT OFFER SECOND CHANCES."

"OH. BUT DO NOT WORRY POOR KING ZYGARDE."

"I SHALL GLADLY TAKE YOUR NAME. AS A SYMBOL. A THANK YOU."

"FOR THIS WONDERFUL GIFT YOU HAVE GIVEN ME."

"NOW. EMBRACE OBLIVION."

End of intermission

...I suppose I will leave you to judge. About whether I deserved what I got, or not.

But it seems that... Somehow. He was wrong on one thing.

I did get a second chance. And I'm going to try and make use of it.

I hope you're with me- Because now. Well...

I'm pretty sure it's going to be pissed.

User avatar
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6839

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by SamWiser » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:10 am

Phoenix tries the awkward game of looking bored and annoyed while working as quickly as he can. He does his best to grab the correct ingredients, but he would be the first to admit that cooking is not his game. His idea of fine dining was sticking something on a stick and roasting it over a fire.

Intuition=5
Guile=5
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11272

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:26 am

Haley

"Oh a silly movie that my dorky brother made me watch. I'm glad he did though, it was good even if the ending was confusing."


The skiddo nods, even if not seeming certain it fully understands, just smiling because she is... Especially once she offers to spoil him with pets and treats, which it gladly accepts.

Alex

The Flaaffy ends up missing it's powerful electro ball, as Roy almost knocks it unconscious. It looks ready to give up...

Flaaffy(11) +1 DEF/SDEF badly injured
Roy(4) paralyzed

Koa

Koa can't help but be a bit startled at first, but soon composes himself as he realizes it's just a "game room" of kinds... And spots a game he'd like to have a chance at! Confidently walking up to the bell and hammer, cashing in his ticket, he winds up, roots down... And slams down! The indicator flies up, and up and... Barely manages to hit the bell on top! The clown next to him shouting out.

"HO HO HO! WE HAVE A HEAVYWEIGHT IN THE HOUSE, FOLKS! I AM GOING TO HAVE TO SHUT DOWN SHOP! THREE POINTS FOR *KOA*!"


As one of the stall shuts down, the door leading further into the maze opens up... As well as a little dispenser dispensing two items, one of them a rare candy..! It "helpfully" also displays the next piece of candy would take two more points...

Obtained the Mr.Mime idol
Obtained a rare candy


Irene

Irene feels her entire world view being shattered, as the only thing keeping her going is watching more homemade videos... Shoving the last tape in.
The creature approached slowly, as Jack scrambled back. The spectre shook it's head.

"Jack... They do not call me the harbinger of ill omens for nothing. I suppose that is my curse... Any dream I touch turns as dark and twisted as these halls... But often, there is a grain of premonition within them."

"Tell me, Jack. What did you see before you came here?"

The silence was telling.

"I figured as much. Jack... Right now it seems that you will only learn, one day, when it is already too late. When you've done something you can never take back."

"I shall pray that you desire to find change before that day comes, and change your fate. But until that day, one way or another... We will not meet again until that time."

The man paused, defiant, shrugging off the warning foolishly. But nodded. "So... What now."

"Now?" the spectre spoke, leaning closer.

"Now, it is time to wake up."

"After all, all this..."

"It's all just a bad dream."
The creature snaps it's fingers, at the exact same moment the tape ends... Coinciding with the lights in the room slowly, but surely, beginning to turn on as the final door opens. Finally revealing what looks to be the end of this game. Sitting upon a pedestal, surrounded by 7 small indentations, one final idol... A golden darkrai one. Besides that, there is another reward machine, one offering a rather... Unique reward. It seems like it's offering "services"..? She can get a "ticket" to gain the services of either a breeder, tutor, or researcher... The middle one seems obvious, though the other two are a bit more curious. Would the first one mean you'd get to adopt a pokemon, or simply have them breed one of your pokemon? And what would the latter one even provide? In each case, it seems that if she finds none of the options appealing, she can also choose to just take a reward from one of the previous two machines, instead.

And, finally... At the very end of the room, in a cage from which you can touch it, but not remove it...

The NIGHTMARE URN.

Phoenix

Phoenix does his best impression of cooking as fast as possible, while at the same time looking bored and annoyed enough that it explains your behavior... You do earn a couple nasty glares from the head chef as your performance is definitely sub-par of what is expected- But your guile seems to pull it off enough that he's taking it more in a way that you're going to get a stern talking to later, rather than just calling you on the mat immediately... Paying close attention, you do notice what seems to be a waiter of sorts walking up to the kitchen- Briefly talking with the head chef, as he moves to begin

"Your time to shine."
► Show Spoiler
Izzy

Izzy finds herself suddenly... Confused. Holding this book she found in her hands, but... Not quite remembering why she did so? Still, looking at it's closed cover, and trying to ignore the sinking feeling that SOMETHING seems off... She does suddenly recall a perhaps strange little fact. She clearly remembers skimming over the first couple chapters, but never paid close attention to it, although she can't quite recall why... Did she just not think it's interesting?

In each case, if she's holding it... She might as well check it out.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11272

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:27 am

BEGIN INTERMISSION 7

So... Are you going to be unleashing all hell, now..?

...

NO. THERE IS NO POINT. REALLY.

THANKS TO YOU. THEY ALREADY KNOW MORE THAN THEY SHOULD.

WHY SHOULD I PUNISH THEM. IF IT WAS YOU TO PUSH THEM TOWARDS THIS RESULT?

Well... Yeah, I pushed them towards actually noticing the "glitched key" one, yeah. I suppose the REAL test was to see if they'd remember that the original one was different, still.

AND YET YOU CONSIDERED CHANGING IT.

I did, yeah. It probably WAS too much, to be honest... But I think it would have been more interesting to discover that it's been right there in "plain sight" this entire time.

Especially after it turned out so much later I actually messed up making the puzzle in the first place, and left in the spaces between each binary piece by accident.

YES.

IN TRUTH. THOUGH. IT DOES NOT REALLY MATTER.

YES. THEY MAY KNOW WHO I AM NOW. THERE IS LITTLE POINT TO PRETENDING THERE IS NOT.

BUT THEY DO NOT YET KNOW THE FULL PICTURE. NOT REALLY. IN THE END. THIS REVEAL MATTERS LITTLE.

THEY HAVE ONLY THEORIES. AND THEY MIGHT EVEN BE RIGHT. BUT THEY DO NOT GRASP THE FULL PICTURE YET.

THEY SHOULD PROBABLY REALIZE THAT IF ANYTHING. I WOULD BE THAT OPTIONAL BOSS YOU TRY TO AVOID.

YOU KNOW THE ONE. THE ONE YOU HAVE TO HUNT TO FIND. AND TAKES HOURS OF GRINDING TO PREPARE FOR.

THERE IS NO REASON FOR US TO BE ENEMIES IF IT COULD BE AVOIDED. HAVE I NOT HELPED YOU GLEAN INSIGHT INTO THIS WORLD?

AND AS LONG AS THAT IS NOT THERE... WELL. NOW WE ARE ALL PLAYING WITH OPEN CARDS. ALLOW ME TO STOP SKIRTING AROUND THE SUBJECT AND SPEAK PLAINLY...

IF THEY CONTINUE GOING DOWN THIS PATH.

I WILL TURN THEIR LIFE INTO A L╠Á╠Ñ╠ñ═ñ╠ô═ø═àI═ê═ç═å╠ö═î╠ô═¬═áß╣╝╠▒╠û╠Ñ╠×╠æ═ø═º═¿I╠û╠│═¬═ñ╠ì╠Ä╠┐╠ôß╣ê╠│╠¬╠»╠▒═îG╠ÿ═ò╠Ø╠«╠ñ╠æ═º╠ï═¡╠î ═Ö╠ú╠ú═û╠Ñ╠ô═Ñ═¡═é╠Ç╠àH╠ó╠¬╠║╠ª╠èE═Ä═Ö╠á╠Ñ═ÆL╠ù═Ä╠ÿ═Ö╠Ø╠û╠½╠¢╠ï╠ê╠Ç═ó─¢╠¬╠ù═ë.

AND I SUPPOSE I CAN NOT SAY SUCH A THING.

WITHOUT GIVING A LITTLE DEMONSTRATION OF WHAT I CAN DO.

HAA HAA HAA

DUSK NINE IS IT?

I HOPE IF YOU REALLY WANT THAT BOOK.

THAT YOUR LITTLE IZZY IS READY TO FIGHT FOR IT.

Is that everything? I don't plan on doing a whole intermission again- It's been way too early since the last one, and....

AND YOU HAVE PLANS TO END THIS CHAPTER SOON FOR GOOD. I KNOW.

YES. LET US CONTINUE.

END OF INTERMISSION 7

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11272

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:28 am

Izzy

Izzy is about to open the book... When she suddenly finds herself stumbling backwards as a sudden gust of wind nearly hits her! Scramming upright, the ground almost seems to shake as a massive, angry looking Honchkrow lands right in front of her... But... something is quite obviously wrong with it- It's feathers are discolored into a pure black, it's eyes seem to glow red, and it seems almost surrounded by some kind of dark aura... Of course, it doesn't take Izzy too long to realize what she's dealing with, especially given that she's pretty knowledgeable on the "occult". This phenomenon originally started in Orre, by the hands of an organization known as Cipher... But even long after their dismantlement, it's been known that these pokemon have, rarely, appeared even far in different regions, for at least the last couple decades or so.

They are known as shadow pokemon.

They are more powerful than regular pokemon- With access to special, powerful "shadow moves"...

But more importantly, they know no remorse. They are almost instinctual, merciless killers.

Once you enter a battle with one... It usually does not end until somebody ends up dead.

And for some reason, it seems this one has set it's eyes on Izzy..!

(16)Izzy
(16)Shadow Honchkrow

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11416
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:33 am

"Want to call the fight there? I don't really want to do any serious damage."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14618
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:44 am

"Maybe later I can show you the movie, when everything is settled down."Haley smiles at him. She looks around for anybody nearby and releases Rhem when she doesn't see anybody. "Hi! We got out of the place and are travlin to a mega fissure. Not much has happened but I can communicate with pokemon, do you know anything about that?"
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7083
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:29 am

It takes Izzy a couple of seconds to process what she's seeing. She'd heard about Shadow Pokemon before, but...even after everything else she'd seen recently, she'd still thought they were a myth!

Then her survival instincts kick in, and she scrambles to her feet. Bugsy reacts faster, thankfully - reflexively spraying out strands of sticky webbing that cover the bird's wings and feet, trapping it to the ground. Grabbing her bag, Izzy careful backs up, trying not to look too threatening....although that's probably a pointless gesture. She wasn't going to be talking her way out of this one...

Instead, she pulls the Fire Blaster out of her bag and levels it at the bird, unleashing a burst of flame directly at it.

-- Spider Web: Auto-Hit, Target is Trapped & Stuck

Flame Burst (AC: 8, Damage: 28)

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5180

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:17 am

Being completely ignorant of the fact one of his friends is in a life-or-death struggle, Koa continues to play more carnival games!

Or, he would, but that would require more tickets. Koa's not sure he's ready to part with any of the junk assorted collectibles filling his pockets. There was still that vending machine with the Snarl TM in it, and who knows what else will require an item sacrifice to get?

Instead he focuses on searching the carnival room itself. That lamp had to be tied to this room somehow, right? It would either be in this room, hidden by some puzzle in this room, or maybe it was just somewhere further beyond this room. Koa couldn't be sure. In any case, Koa will search this room first. If nothing comes of the search, he'll move on!

Intuition and Perception to search carnival room or move on:
5d6+4 = [6, 5, 3, 1, 1] = 20
2d6 = [3, 2] = 5

User avatar
Natrivv
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1278

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Natrivv » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:49 pm

Of course it's scary, the future filled with unkown always is. Besides somepoint in the future almost everyone will die at somepoint, or outlive all of their friends, who wouldn't find that scary...
but still karaoke!
Irene muses to herself breaking the silence for comfort. The light doing her no favors though, webs in her hair, slightly puff eyes, and a couple of streaks on her cheeks reveal the tears that remained hidden in the dark.

Choosing the breeder reward Irene looks at the 7 indentations, and feels defeated. Regardless she still tries putting the 4 idols in the indentations, and then the mirror, tapes, tm's, and razor claw in the empty spots hoping they'd be enough. Afterwords she collects them all, and tries taking the Darkrai one.

Finally she looks at the Nightmare Urn and approaches it. You take a part of the personality, and cut it away... Yet are they really happy? People grow over time, but does this pruning leave them stagnated? and what about the parts cut away... are they forever tapped with you sentient? Sighing Irene reaches out her hand. "Jack said it only contains aspects people no longer wish to have... Since I don't want to lose any part of myself I should be safe..." Touching the urn Irene tries to see if she can sense the aspects trapped inside. If she can sense them out she'll offer what feelings of warmth and comfort she can.

Taking a deep breath she leaves the room, and makes a turn to go to where Hilda was in the dark...

User avatar
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6839

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by SamWiser » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:27 am

Phoenix sees the waiter talking to the chef, quickly finishes the deviled egg he was working on, wipes off his hands on his apron, and quickly rushes over to him.

Was that an order from a client? I was wondering if I could take care of that. Interacting with customers was one of the things I was best at at my old restaurant, and this would give me a chance to prove how I do with things other than appetizer plates.

Charm=10
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

User avatar
Synch
Game Master
Posts: 4487
Location: New Zealand

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Synch » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:47 am

Bjorn nods. "I sorta know what you mean. I come from a little village where people have modest means and live a simple life. Quite frankly the cities scare me, there's just so much I'm not accustomed too. But obviously not on the scale you are experiencing, of course."

Bjorn Perception check: 5D6 = [1, 3, 6, 2, 6] = 18
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11272

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:02 am

Alex

The Flaaffy nods to the request, seeming to have found you more than proven itself... It's looking to see if you'd want to capture it now- Seems it won't resist.

Haley

As the skiddo bounces around happily a bit, Haley decides to talk with rhem after figuring there is no one nearby...

"Hi! We got out of the place and are travlin to a mega fissure. Not much has happened but I can communicate with pokemon, do you know anything about that?"

"As to suddenly being able to talk to pokemon? That is... Unusual, yes. My databanks suggest that the only means of communications to a pokemon is usually that of either an aura reader, psychic, or medium. My databanks also seem to suggest you were illegible for all three."
"If I still had access to my brain the size of a planet, I would have created a hypothesis or deduced the reason with startling accuracy. Anything I would do now would simply exist out of an educated guess..."

Izzy

Bugsy quickly shoots it's web at the big bird as the battle begins, immediately managing to piss it off as it becomes effectively grounded... And Izzy soon adds to it herself when she blasts it in the face with her launcher, for some minor damage..!

In response, other people nearby who do NOT seem to be it's "target", make the wise decision to run the hell away... Some reaching for their phones as well, undoubtedly to get help... That's not going to appear as quickly as she'd like it to, though!

The bird meanwhile, raises one of it's wings to the sky, cawing loudly... A dark cloud begins to cast over the nearby area, and soon it begins to... Rain? It looks largely the same, except the drops that come down seem to be dark, and vanish upon hitting the ground... Like it's raining ink. And while the bird most undoubtedly seems wholly unaffected by it, as the first drops start hitting Izzy she can tell she won't be as lucky..!

And to make matters worse, it's caws seems to have attracted the attention of some of it's smaller brethren... Who seem to recognize it as a powerful pack leader..! One landing off to the side, while another one is flying in from behind...

Weather: ??? (5 turns remaining)
(23/19) Bugsy
(16)Izzy
(16)Shadow Honchkrow, trapped, stuck, lightly injured
(16)Murkrow
(15)Murkrow

((At the start of your turn, give me a focus check for both Izzy and any pokemon you might have out. If you roll below an 7, also give me a 1d6 roll...))

Koa

Koa searches the room, but fails to find anything... In fact, it seems like the room has been pretty "foolproofed" for people looking for objects to throw down the clown's mouth to get more tickets. The hammer from the bell hammer would be too big, not to mention be attached with a chain, similar to the "gun" at the shooting gallery... With that, he supposes all that's really left is to continue... Although he finds himself stopping in his tracks when the "robot" behind him suddenly pipes up once more... In a tone that suddenly sounds a lot more fluid.

"LEAVING SO SOON KOA? HOW RUDE!" it says, it's eyes glowing red as it's turning to you.

"WE HAVE GUESTS COMING- WON'T YOU STAY AND SAY HI?"


All animatronics burst out in laughter...

Irene

Irene huffs in defeat at the 7 little indentations, trying to put in other stuff at random... Nothing particular seems to happen, although she can still pick up the golden idol regardless. It never seemed locked in the first place, so...

She supposes the main attraction of all this is the nightmare urn, which she slowly moves over towards, wondering... Grabbing the urn through the grating, as she can definitely feel... Something. Many things could perhaps have been faked within these halls, but that did not take away there was still something odd going on... And in whatever sense it might be, it did seem like it all lead back to this... The urn seeming to fill her mind with vague visions of the monsters that dwell through these halls. She gets to "see" "she who steals faces" in disturbing details, as well as this "Hilda"... Nightmare Jack being a literal walking shadow with glowing red eyes... And notices that there seems to be variances between all the different forms, too, not to mention there appear to be creatures she did not encounter.

But while she can "see" these while holding on to the urn, if that is even the way to describe it, she can not seem to really "speak", or "interact" with them... She tries oozing out some good vibes regardless, in the hopes that it might do something she can't immediately see... Before turning around, to once again find her path blocked.

But, perhaps, this time by a more welcome sight. Jack himself might always look like he's seen better days... But the presence of a hot cup of cocoa, and a slightly damp towel, would probably be something that most people would be hard pressed to deny.

"Way to wear yourself out, kid." he says- Holding one of the mugs slightly towards her.

Phoenix

Seeing the order come in, Phoenix is quick to rush over

"Was that an order from a client? I was wondering if I could take care of that. Interacting with customers was one of the things I was best at at my old restaurant, and this would give me a chance to prove how I do with things other than appetizer plates."

The head chef pauses for a second, before resolutely shaking his head.

"Sorry kid- No matter how good you might be, this order is for the top brass... Only I am supposed to really deal with orders for them. Besides, it's just a simple drink. Just keep working at your stuff, and I'll get you a chance to do something later, alright?"

"Hmm. Troubling... We can't exactly knock this one out here in the open."

"Alright. I suppose it's time to work some of my magic... I need you to allow me to exert my influence for a moment, Phoenix. That, and you need to repeat my words EXACTLY. Say: 'I believe that you want me to take this burden off you'..."


Bjorn

"I sorta know what you mean. I come from a little village where people have modest means and live a simple life. Quite frankly the cities scare me, there's just so much I'm not accustomed too. But obviously not on the scale you are experiencing, of course."

Luna smiles, nodding herself at Bjorn's statement.

"Yeah... Probably- But at least you understand what it's like in some capacity..."

"Then again, I suppose for many years I've lived in a place where your only real limit to what could, or could not be, is your imagination... So perhaps things are not quite as crazy as they seem!"


She let's out a small giggle, as Bjorn's eyes dart over the surrounding area... And he becomes aware of a marshtomp in the middle of the small pool he's in, cautiously gazing at the pair... Good thing he noticed, before accidentally stepping on it.

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11416
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Dlover » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:09 am

► Show Spoiler
Alex gets out a pokeball and holds it out for the flaaffy, "If you're happy to join me, I'm happy to have you. Welcome to the team."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7083
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:38 am

Izzy Focus: 8
Bugsy Focus: 5
Bugsy 1d6: 4
► Show Spoiler
Trying not to let the weird rain distract him, Bugsy fires off an Electroball at the Honchkrow's face.

Electroball (AC: 8, Damage: 42)

Meanwhile, Izzy focuses on the other birds - releasing Kay next to her, she aims her blaster at the Murkrow that landed....before changing her mind, and instead lowering the weapon.

"Look...this isn't your fight. And I really don't want to hurt you, okay? So can you just...go? Don't let this big jerk boss you around - trust me, he doesn't want what's best for you!"

Charm check: 18
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14618
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:08 am

Haley grins at Shrubbery jumping around. "I wouldn't mind your theories. Even if wrong it's still probably better than what I can think of. Should I send out a mon to talk to so you have a better understanding?" If she says yes, Haley sends out Buttercup "Hi there sweetie, how are you?~" She gently pets the little bulv pokemon.

Something clicks as Rhem talks. "Alex and zozoark girl were talking about aura atuff and he said that he was seeing wierd things.... Alex! We need to talk to you." Once he gets over "You have the aura thing, right? Rhem said you might be able to communicate with mons with that?"

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11416
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Dlover » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:13 am

Once he's finished with the flaaffy, Alex walks over to Haley, "Communicate? I don't know how that would work. I mean, I do get a sort of... Vague idea of intentions from their auras, but I don't know if that counts as communication any more than reading body language?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5180

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:15 am

"Um... OK," Koa says uncertainly, then flinches when the whole room starts laughing. Guests? As in someone, or something, is coming?

Koa takes out his hand-mirror, the room's laughing animatronics reminding him of the skeleton noise-makers in the static-monster's part of the maze. Was there going to be a round 2 with that thing?

Koa backs up Stealthily near one of the room's walls, equidistant from the room's two exits, waiting to see who or what showed up.

User avatar
Natrivv
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1278

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Natrivv » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:30 pm

Taking the mug into her hands Irene lets the warmth sink into her hands as she just holds it a bit. "of course, my friends are about to work hard for my sake, so the least I could do is try hard for them... though my curiosity did take over part way" After a few moments of silence watching the stream rise from the cup Irene asks
"Is there anyway to help them?" Irene asks. "They might be scary... but to be cut away and tossed into an urn like that, just seems sad. Eliza always being faced with a her worse fear, and reflection, but never being able to grow. Hilda she helped me a lot, and yet not only did I leave her, I couldn't even tell her goodbye..." Listening to the answer Irene mulls it over a bit before asking a second question. "What would have happened if I had 7 statues for the indentations?"

User avatar
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6839

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by SamWiser » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:49 am

Phoenix looks the head chef in the eye. I believe that you want me to take this burden off you.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

User avatar
Synch
Game Master
Posts: 4487
Location: New Zealand

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by Synch » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:35 am

"Woah!" Bjorn backs away toward the shore then crouches, showing the Marshtomp he means no harm. "How are you going, buddy?"
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11272

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 6)

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:20 am

Alex, Haley

While Haley continues conversation, Alex holds out a pokeball, allowing the flaaffy to have itself be captured..!

Alex captured a lvl 25 bold male flaaffy with static and fluffy charge!

"I wouldn't mind your theories. Even if wrong it's still probably better than what I can think of. Should I send out a mon to talk to so you have a better understanding?"


After confirmation, Haley sends out Buttercup, happily talking to the pokemon in question... Observation continuing for a couple more moments before the question is asked.

"Have you verified this works on any pokemon, or simply grass pokemon? Current hypothesis is it may be a supernatural mutation stemming from your affinity towards grass types."

Following that, Haley confirms that Rhem is talking about "aura stuff", and gets Alex on the case... Who seems to be... Far from a master on the subject himself.

"Aura reader is usually a rather passive instinct. Aura pulse requires more focus, and is usually used to relay messages to someone using the aura. It can be used to skim surface thoughts as well, but only if the recipient is willing."

Izzy

As the strange rain begins to sink in, dark thoughts seem to form at the edge's of Izzy consciousness... Even if she manages to push them away, for now, taking only the damage from the hail as she loses a tick of HP. But Bugsy seems... Not so lucky. His eyes seem to narrow, almost unnaturally, as his feet almost painfully dig into Izzy's skin as it just begins to fume in anger..! It honestly illicits some amount of worry, even if the little bug is glad to oblige and fire an electric ball off at the honchkrow, doing some hefty damage... Izzy meanwhile pleads to one of the murkrows. It seems to hesitate, not exactly considering Izzy friendly, but at least seeming to hold back on attack for now...

The Honchkrow though has no such qualms- Whipping up a storm, although none like Izzy might recognize it... One of dark, brewing clouds, whipping around both her and Bugsy and striking... Dealing 45(78) damage to Bugsy, and 45(20) to Izzy! The remaining Murkrow seems intimdated by Kay's presence, and hits her with a wing attack for 31(21) damage...

Another Murkrow appears, attracted by the sounds of battle.

Weather: ??? (4 turns remaining)
(25/21) Kay 65/86
(23/19) Bugsy enraged 12/89
(17)Murkrow
(16)Izzy 46/72
(16)Shadow Honchkrow, trapped, stuck, heavily injured
(16)Murkrow idling lightly injured
(15)Murkrow lightly injured

((Give me focus checks again. DC 10 for Izzy and Bugsy, DC 7 for Kay. And you can roll a d6 and check the handy little table below should the roll fail...))
► Show Spoiler
Koa

Koa panics just a little bit, eventually deciding to hide in the room while waiting for... Whatever, might appear. Finding a decent spot behind one of the attractions, he waits, but finds his attempts of listening for anything approaching impossible with the laughter still surrounding him. Which doesn't mean he can't see, instead... As the creature's approach is indicated by glowing runes on the walls and animatronics beginning to "appear", in a distinct blue color... As the decorations on the wall seem to turn far more sinister in it's glow, and the clowns appear far more... Demonic. As the actual creature slowly beings shuffling into the room. A rather ghoulish apparition. One could almost be convinced that it were simply a kid around his age, maybe a couple years longer, or at the very least rather on the scrawny side... Although that might as well have a different cause. While the kid was rather well-dressed, the top of his outfit was soaked in red... Rather natural, given that his head was completely missing. Instead, there was a lantern... A blue light flickering weakly within, as the creature seemed to shamble forwards with little purpose... Right up until the room goes silent, save for one animatronic... The one that just happens to be closest to him.

"OVER HERE! OVER HERE! OVER HERE!"

Irene

"of course, my friends are about to work hard for my sake, so the least I could do is try hard for them... though my curiosity did take over part way"

Jack doesn't respond. Instead he just simply gestures you to sit down for a moment, sitting himself down with his own cup... The towel is still at the ready, just kind of awkwardly hanging over an arm as it still exhibited just a little bit of warmth.

"Is there anyway to help them? They might be scary... but to be cut away and tossed into an urn like that, just seems sad. Eliza always being faced with a her worse fear, and reflection, but never being able to grow. Hilda she helped me a lot, and yet not only did I leave her, I couldn't even tell her goodbye..."

"Eh... You don't need to worry about them, kid. Truth be told, they're not as real as it might appear... I suppose you deserve to know the truth- Or at least a part of it. As you' might have seen for yourself, that there urn is far from just a common trinket or bauble..."

"But much as I wished there was some kind of artifact that could just... Cut away that which I loathe, things are never quite that simple, I'm afraid. Not that the story was false... But the urn was mostly just symbolical. In truth, the only thing that can change you... Is yourself."

"The story behind all of it is still true... But those issues did not get solved by some hocus pocus. They were solved by dedication to one's self, and one's friends."

"Heh... This is usually the moment where I'd ask if there was a symbolic something you'd have to offer yourself. Something tells me you're happy just the way you are, though."


"What would have happened if I had 7 statues for the indentations?"

"Hmm..? Oh. Don't worry about that, you're not missing much. Just a little... Look behind the scenes, I suppose."

Phoenix

Phoenix allows whatever Midas might have planned... Feeling his influence take hold for a moment, as he stares the head chef right in the eye... And speaks.

"I believe that you want me to take this burden off you."
The head chef blinks a couple times, his mouth hanging open for a second... Shaking his head for a brief second before nodding.

"Actually... Yeah, know what, I guess you're right. That girl is... Fucking creepy, to be honest."

"It's just some drinks. Make them, and you can deal with her, alright?"


With that confirmation, Midas' presence fades once again...

Bjorn

Bjorn backs off for a moment, before kneeling back down- Trying to give the Marshtomp a friendly approach.

"How are you going, buddy?"

The creature pops it's head out of the water slightly, shooting over a couple harmless, playful bubbles... But otherwise seems quite happy staying in the deeper end of the shallows. Luna gives over a friendly wave and a smile, though, which seems to coax it a bit closer...

Post Reply