Favourite Moment or Part

Discuss the comic here!
Khazar
Mumbles Incoherently

Favourite Moment or Part

Post by Khazar » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:49 pm

I always really like the "things you never noticed before" thread, and I guess this is the opposite of that. The comic is large enough to have parts we may have forgotten the details of, and has many great parts. I would just like a place where people can mention their favourite parts of the comic, and maybe discuss them :)

I would prefer to start with two (greedy I know), but I will restrain myself to just one. I really enjoy the visual progression of the characters, the fact we can see the build-up of scars and magical effects into the final result. This thread was inspired by Forgath, Kin and Minmax's recent "repairs".

Who else has a favourite moment they would like to share?
I'm sorry, are you addressing me? Because your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass. - Doctor Krieger

Borys
Voices Opinions

Re: Favourite Moment or Part

Post by Borys » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:58 pm

My favorite part is entire Dies adventure in this dungeon crawl. I liked his party the best, sad it's kind of broken now.
Complains of Everything in Minelings.
Boro in Call of Ctulhu - Filipstad
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

In God School as Dies in Battle

My own game! Castle Story Open for everyone!

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:52 pm

My favourite moment is Kin frolicking free in the field.

I might be a little biased because this is the one first pages of the comic I had ever seen. The Birthday Party is a close-second.
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

Xavier78
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Xavier78 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:53 pm

BeanDip wrote:My favourite moment is Kin frolicking free in the field.

I might be a little biased because this is the one first pages of the comic I had ever seen. The Birthday Party is a close-second.
Yup, that is mine as well.

BreaksGlasses
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by BreaksGlasses » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:31 pm

Hey there, personally I have two moments I really like
first is this http://www.goblinscomic.org/02182006/ I've always liked Ears explanation of what he wants to do as an adventurer. :)

And then we have this http://www.goblinscomic.org/10112008/ This was the first page of the comic I ever saw 8) I started reading the comic just in time to see the most awesome battle happen.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:30 pm

I would have to say the GAP's trip to Brassmoon City. I can't really cut it down to one page, or even section, just the entire time they were in the city. so much character development, and so many awesome action scenes, who couldn't love it.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

filip
Remains Silent

Post by filip » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:56 am

http://www.goblinscomic.org/03222008/

i think this is the page when i realised this comic is not only quite interesting, well drawn etc but also AWESOME :)

ForgetsOldName
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: TwoCoo

Post by ForgetsOldName » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:56 am

Happoee Bitrdaey
The old name was Twocoo. The avatar is the scariest thing in Wizardry I, circa 1981.

friedkitty
Voices Opinions

Post by friedkitty » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:34 am

Minmax's transformation from guy I like to hate to totally awesome hero. Starts with throwing GS through the window (seriously I went from hating him to...hmmm he might be redeemable) and goes through the birthday party (where I was starting to doubt my redeemability, until he did that. then he became my second favorite character from my next to least.)

RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Post by RidcullyJack » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:21 pm

Not a happy page, but my favourite part (especially the last panel):
http://www.goblinscomic.org/11202012/

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:23 pm

I'll give you.. that, chiefs death and when we see fumbles with "Monster" carved into his head are among my favorite moments, because they are all extremely strong... and really big bonus to Thunt for getting so many people to feel so much for a simple Orb... now... if only people would feel just as much for the big orb that we all live on...
-Best regards LAYF

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:27 pm

So many excellent moments, but the one I seem to be best at remembering right now, and that constantly pops into my head at random moments, is the page where Biscuit catches the Viper clan lying to him, and casually announces, "You look shaken." I think I'd be hard-pressed to find a scene that gets to me more than that one.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:34 pm

One of the pages I like a lot is BE and Thaco confronting Kore. BE rips his damaged armor off, and Thaco pulls himself up after nearly dieing. Their poses both imply that they are going to deal with the evil that is Kore.

http://www.goblinscomic.org/12142010-2/

The bottom 3 pannels, or more compactly the bottom left 2.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:12 pm

Another moment I love is the one-off gag joke of Complains-Of-Names shaking a goblin,shouting "WHAT KIND OF A STUPID NAME IS SHAKEN-UNFAIRLY?!" It's just a perfect single-panel joke that doesn't require you to know anything about the comic.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:18 pm

willpell wrote:Another moment I love is the one-off gag joke of Complains-Of-Names shaking a goblin,shouting "WHAT KIND OF A STUPID NAME IS SHAKEN-UNFAIRLY?!" It's just a perfect single-panel joke that doesn't require you to know anything about the comic.
:lol: I had totally forgotten! Definitely a favourite.
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

Iron Sun 254
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Iron Sun 254 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:42 am

friedkitty wrote:Minmax's transformation from guy I like to hate to totally awesome hero. Starts with throwing GS through the window (seriously I went from hating him to...hmmm he might be redeemable) and goes through the birthday party (where I was starting to doubt my redeemability, until he did that. then he became my second favorite character from my next to least.)
This right here.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity....that's where I live, baby!

Khazar
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Khazar » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:45 am

Minmax's transformation to likeable antagonist (or anti-hero? anti-antagonist? side-protagonist? I'm not sure, he's a "Hero/Adventurer" but...) is definitely a good part of the comic :)

Another favourite of mine is on http://www.goblinscomic.org/12072009 the second to fourth panel. I know it's dialogue directed entirely by Minmax's stupidity, but I found it very funny the first time I read it.
I'm sorry, are you addressing me? Because your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass. - Doctor Krieger

Kamos
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Kamos » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:56 pm

"You! I hate you!"
http://www.goblinscomic.org/02212012/

I laughed so damn hard when I realized who it was.
ImageImage Feed the beast please.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:47 pm

Khazar wrote:Another favourite of mine is on http://www.goblinscomic.org/12072009 the second to fourth panel. I know it's dialogue directed entirely by Minmax's stupidity, but I found it very funny the first time I read it.
"Forgath, let me ask you something. My Charisma...is AWESOME." :mrgreen:
My long-neglected blog.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:11 pm

willpell wrote:Another moment I love is the one-off gag joke of Complains-Of-Names shaking a goblin,shouting "WHAT KIND OF A STUPID NAME IS SHAKEN-UNFAIRLY?!" It's just a perfect single-panel joke that doesn't require you to know anything about the comic.
That never stops being funny. :lol:

Tofu
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: Tofu

Post by Tofu » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:23 am

I think this page is just epic.

http://goblinscomic.com/comic/09202011

Just sayin

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:15 am

Ksellis death. Basically the entire episode with mr Fingers. Chief and Kin running into each other going out of Brassmoon. The Hut falling and Havas death.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

HiddenSanity
Remains Silent

Post by HiddenSanity » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:08 am

"It's a very sunny day" is fun... any of the moments where one of the abused characters gets to be happy(Kin Frolicking in the woods near the top there.) Or... this one, This one still sometimes leaves me gasping for breath. http://goblinscomic.com/comic/02042011

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:01 pm

HiddenSanity wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:08 am "It's a very sunny day" is fun... any of the moments where one of the abused characters gets to be happy(Kin Frolicking in the woods near the top there.) Or... this one, This one still sometimes leaves me gasping for breath. http://goblinscomic.com/comic/02042011
I fully agree. "Penis go boom!"

There are too many "moments" in this comic I loved.

I loved the way Thunt showed Taps death, from Taps perspective, who is blind (starting here, last two panels, and next pages).

And the emotional moment of Klik's death.

But also how Minmax took the undefeatable PsionMax out of the equation "No. You win now"

tl;dr: I cannot name a single "one moment".
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

speakslittle
Of Few Words

Post by speakslittle » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:37 pm

I'm not worthy, but I'm the only paladin here. And so, I claim this axe as my own.
FFS, just going back to find it and I still get goosebumps.