Tempts Fate Supporters?

Discuss the comic here!
falldown
Remains Silent

Tempts Fate Supporters?

Post by falldown » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:27 pm

Hey All. I have tried to contact Thunt, and received no updates since last June. Has anyone else received any updates on the Tempts Fate Supporters that helped fund their house? I gave a good amount of money going on three years ago and haven't heard back from them.

Is anyone else in my position? Is this a lost cause at this point?

WastesTime
Is Heard Often

Re: Tempts Fate Supporters?

Post by WastesTime » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:36 pm

Thunt probably has too much on his hands right now, but I'm pretty sure he remembers about Tempts Fate and the donations. As far as I know him, he's a nice and honest guy and I've never even met him in person. I don't usually make such judgements without first getting to know the person, but here I'm convinced I'm right.
"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:39 pm

I think Tempts Fate is done. He just hasn't loaded the pages to the Tempts Fate page. I know the others are still lost in the main archives.

I'm sure some adventurous forumite will find them and post the links. :D
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

falldown
Remains Silent

Post by falldown » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:51 pm

Thanks all. I am a bit discouraged at this point, but I want to have faith in them.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:46 pm

You could try contacting Danielle if you're still waiting for something to be sent to you. I think she is the one in charge of sending out the things.

Her e-mail: dragonturtle@dccnet.com

Rooks
Speaks Quietly

Post by Rooks » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:49 pm

Oddly enough, I was just thinking the same thing. Curious if we'll ever see the end of that TF since it was the biggest Tempts Fate ever.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:32 pm

We did. SPOILERS Tempts got made immortal, remember? END SPOILERS

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:51 pm

Yeah, try Danielle. I'm pretty sure everything was supposed to have been sent out by now. (I got mine a couple of months ago, and I was among the last. And, FWIW, I was one of the top contributors.)

And yeah, now that you mention it, I do recall seeing the last pages of Tempts, where he gets his Bloodbranch sheet. Hopefully, Thunt will put those pages (back?) up on the TF page soon. But, as usual, he seems to have his hands full already.

Hopefully, he'll also remember to post the instructions for the bloodbranch sheets.

(Huh. I wonder if I could have used mine for Lingrem's Festival of Fools campaign. Ah well.)
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Alvarin
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: Alvarin__

Post by Alvarin » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:20 am

I didn't see the last pages :(
Anyhow, letting Thunt have relative peace of mind to do panels like the upcoming tower room is more important.

falldown
Remains Silent

Post by falldown » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:58 am

Alvarin I was in your state of mine a year ago when I sent them a couple emails and they were kind enough to respond. After waiting two and a half years for something I paid a lot of money for with no contact, I'm less apt to allow peace of mind.

I am glad that you received your stuff though WearsHats. It means hope isn't lost.

Rooks
Speaks Quietly

Post by Rooks » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:24 am

Glemp wrote:We did.
We never saw any of the last 3 pages.

http://www.goblinscomic.com/tempts-fate-11/

Go down to the bottom.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:11 pm

He did post them somewhere. They just aren't on that page for some reason. But I swear I've seen the page where Tempts gets his character sheet.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:21 pm

WearsHats wrote:He did post them somewhere. They just aren't on that page for some reason. But I swear I've seen the page where Tempts gets his character sheet.
He posted it as an update one day. It's probably buried in the archives
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Lookatroopa
Remains Silent

Post by Lookatroopa » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:30 pm

The links to the lost pages were posted in the now-crashed forum. They exist in the file database of Goblins, but they don't appear on any page.

Rooks
Speaks Quietly

Post by Rooks » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:25 pm

Wolfie wrote:
WearsHats wrote:He did post them somewhere. They just aren't on that page for some reason. But I swear I've seen the page where Tempts gets his character sheet.
He posted it as an update one day. It's probably buried in the archives
Lookatroopa wrote:The links to the lost pages were posted in the now-crashed forum. They exist in the file database of Goblins, but they don't appear on any page.
Cool. Thanks for the clarification guys. Guess I should have joined the forums prior to the crash. :lol:

Has-A-Happy
Remains Silent

Post by Has-A-Happy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:51 am

RocketScientist wrote:You could try contacting Danielle if you're still waiting for something to be sent to you. I think she is the one in charge of sending out the things.

Her e-mail: dragonturtle@dccnet.com
As I never heard back, I'd long forgotten about my donation to the good cause. I've dropped Danielle a line after reading this - so thanks for the reminder. :thumbsup:

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:11 pm

You're welcome. :)

Thunt
Draws Goblins

Post by Thunt » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:51 am

Everyone is supposed to have all their TF loot by now! :( I know a few packages have come back to us, but as far as I know, Danielle has contacted those people to work out what went wrong. If you still don't have your TF loot, please email Danielle at dragonturtle@dccnet.com ASAP and we'll get this sorted out. This really bums me out, because I thought that (aside from those few returned packages) we were all finished with this long ago. :wall: Make sure to tell Danielle what you should have received and what name it's under. She kept very detailed records of the whole thing.

I know it's ridiculous to not have your loot by now and honestly, I'd be furious in your shoes. You have every right to be yelling "what the hell, man?!". If your artwork was somehow lost, we'll figure out how to proceed, but I promise that there is no scenerio in which I'm going to shrug my shoulders and walk away from you. I owe you.

If anyone else is also missing their loot, please email Danielle and she'll be all over this. Unless you've been emailed about a 'return to sender' package, you should have your stuff. :(

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose
UStream Username: See_a_Moose

Post by SeeAMoose » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:14 am

Here I was thinking that it was just taking a long time to get through everything. :paranoia: I'll shoot Danielle an email.
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

falldown
Remains Silent

Post by falldown » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:46 am

So I hate to necro my own thread, but I have sent three emails in the past month and have not heard back on any of them. Maybe I pissed Danielle off or something. Thunt if you are still reading this, I will happily send along every email, proof of donation, etc. I just would like my comic panel. :(

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:37 am

The links to the found pages burried in the archive are in the TF 11 thread in this post.

It seems that at least one page is still missing, as Tempts Fate has not left hell yet.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:42 am

He means that he donated enough to get a comic panel from Thunt.

mnementh
Former Mod

Post by mnementh » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:02 pm

Krulle wrote:The links to the found pages burried in the archive are in the TF 11 thread in this post.

It seems that at least one page is still missing, as Tempts Fate has not left hell yet.
Mmmmmhmmm... It does seem that I too have missed the last installment of Tempts Fate; although Danielle DID get me my loot like AGES ago. (Thanks again) :P

Just out of curiosity... who actually got the Bloodbranch Sheet "covered in demon dust" ...?

mnem
I'll STILL take it if nobody did!