Things You Never Noticed Before

Discuss the comic here!
Makes Noises
Mumbles Incoherently

Re: Things You Never Noticed Before

Post by Makes Noises » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:04 am

I just noticed that the party in the Well of Darkness missed a lot of loot.
http://www.goblinscomic.org/04192010/
And it was right there above their heads!

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:51 am

It may be an indication that the bridge was trapped.
And all those who thought the bridge would be trapped and thus climbed over the bridge arch got into the actual traps.

I saw it back then, and many commented on it on the update thread for that page. Back then....
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

YalaYalaGetDolla
Mutters to Themself

Post by YalaYalaGetDolla » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:12 pm

Back when Klik and K'sellis were still alive. Back when Fox still spat in the face of fate, and Junior was just a strange magic prosthetic.

Excuse me, I think I have some Klik in my eyes...

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:20 pm

You mean grey, granular dust?

Oh... I gave myself the sads.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

YalaYalaGetDolla
Mutters to Themself

Post by YalaYalaGetDolla » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:41 pm

Yup. The grey, granular dust of despair.

Klik in the wiiiiind~ :sulk:

Back to the thread topic: http://www.goblinscomic.org/10092012/

I see multiple unused healing potions. Grem's gonna be okay. Right? :D Please god I don't want anymore of the Well party to die please no.

Zathyr
Smiths Silly Smiles
UStream Username: Zathyr

Post by Zathyr » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:45 pm

I think he will be. Someone noticed him, and he had a couple of rounds before he would die. Plus there's still that whole love triangle thing. I think we'll be seeing more of that eventually. They may even find that racist axe.
Image And always make sure your dragons are happy little dragons.

YalaYalaGetDolla
Mutters to Themself

Post by YalaYalaGetDolla » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:33 pm

There's also the whole "You'll replace Grem as my number one" thing to deal with. That won't be fun for Grem; first he realizes his chances with the girl he's been pursuing are slim to none, then his ally/vitriolic buddy dies right in front of him, and now his mother brushes of his "death" like nothing. Poor guy, seems like Goblin princes can never catch a break.

SoulReaver
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by SoulReaver » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:10 am

Krulle wrote:How much contact do the warcamp and the clan have?
Maybe Saral and Dellyn did kill the whole clan while the warcamp was away, and so the warcamp members still do not know....

It's a theory spooking in my head for a long while now, and I've always been afraid to voice it....
If they didn't, Kore did. In any case, whole clan is dead.

So maybe that symbol Saral had just indicates that their clan is more widespread than they thought?
All hail the power of the stick!

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:07 am

SoulReaver wrote:If they didn't, Kore did.
What do you mean by "did"? He is yet to get there.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:20 am

gamecreator wrote:
SoulReaver wrote:If they didn't, Kore did.
What do you mean by "did"? He is yet to get there.
I dunno...I brought this up before, and I admit that there are good reasons against it, but consider:

Kore knows where the village is from Y&B, and it was implied he's going there next.
When the GAP spot him after they leave the warcamp, he is not going their way.
He apparently never changes his target until the current one is destroyed, yet is pursuing the GAP now despite not knowing that they're from the same clan (though he may have some ability to detect this - he may have recognised Chief's crown, but I find this extremely suspect at the distance he shot him from).

In other words, I find it highly likely that Kore did something between the warcamp and the GAP, and the only other target he's expressed interest in is the village.

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:27 pm

They say he is at least a day's travel away. And he is not going their way because he is going to their village. Then GAP goes on a trip to Brassmoon and when they return, they meet Kore. There is no way it took GAP 8+ days to go to Brassmoon and back, a time Kore would need to wipe out their village and come back to attack them from behind.

SoulReaver
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by SoulReaver » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:32 pm

gamecreator wrote:They say he is at least a day's travel away. And he is not going their way because he is going to their village. Then GAP goes on a trip to Brassmoon and when they return, they meet Kore. There is no way it took GAP 8+ days to go to Brassmoon and back, a time Kore would need to wipe out their village and come back to attack them from behind.
I guess you're right. This timeline suggests that Kore went to the village about 3 days prior to meeting the GAP.

YalaYalaGetDolla
Mutters to Themself

Post by YalaYalaGetDolla » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:39 am

Yeah, I don't think Kore would have reached the village. I doubt he can travel quickly while basically wearing a tank (and while he wouldn't stop his pursuit of the Clan, he could've killed several monsters along the way, which would've been a bit of a delay). The goblins are fast enough to have possibly hit the river around the same time he made it there. Also, the trip from Brassmoon to the area where the monsters camped out would've been a lot faster with the horse wagon.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:09 pm

YalaYalaGetDolla wrote:Yeah, I don't think Kore would have reached the village. I doubt he can travel quickly while basically wearing a tank (and while he wouldn't stop his pursuit of the Clan, he could've killed several monsters along the way, which would've been a bit of a delay). The goblins are fast enough to have possibly hit the river around the same time he made it there. Also, the trip from Brassmoon to the area where the monsters camped out would've been a lot faster with the horse wagon.
I did say there were good reasons against it ;). I have since changed my mind - Kore's going to the village and had to divert around Brassmoon (guess he has a history there), but also benefits from being on the road as opposed to forestry. So while he was lugging his door around, the GAP went through Brassmoon and met up with him afterwards.

YalaYalaGetDolla
Mutters to Themself

Post by YalaYalaGetDolla » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:00 pm

Yup! And we know for a fact he couldn't have made a beeline to the village and encountered them on the way back. Not only is it way too long a journey, but A.) the GAP wouldn't have been able to see him on the way, B.) He would've gone through the Viper camp and that would be a MASSIVE delay and something that would be mentioned in the comic, and C.) physical challenges like the Maze of Waterfalls and the Forever Drop would've held him back or stopped him entirely.

So the timeline I'm considering is:

-Interrogated YAB and killed some stragglers
-Looped back AROUND the marsh (because honestly it would suck beyond all measure to trudge through the muck in such heavy weaponry)
-Took the road past Bone Lake, then left it to follow along the river instead of continuing on to Brassmoon

He probably planned on crossing at the thinnest point and then going through the Arrowfly and Bloodrain forests. Takes longer to get to his destination, but it avoids major hazards and provides some of the easiest travel when burdened. It's also just about the only way he could go that would lead to him encountering the GAP on the river, starting from the same side they were on, about the same time.

MakesNoSense
Speaks Quietly

Post by MakesNoSense » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:08 pm

Well, there are a couple of things I would point out.

First of all, given the location of where the GAP was when Kore found them, it seems to me that Kore must have been behind them. If the dungeon is the fastest/most direct route, then it is even quite likely (in my mind) that Kore simply happened to be headed for the dungeon for the same reason - to get to the village as quickly/directly as possible.

As for what happened to Kore in-between... (while the GAP went north to Brassmoon, did everything there, and then went south to the dungeon) I don't think it is implausible to suggest that he managed to find other things to kill in the forest that slowed him down for a short while.

Second of all, I would suggest that Kore seems to move faster than the GAP. Somehow. Even with the armour and shield. Otherwise, how else would he have found them while the GAP was constantly moving. My conclusion - he moves slightly faster and managed to catch sight of them as they got into the open and hurried forward to catch them.

Besides, it makes sense (in my little world) that somehow, Kore (in one potential form or another) has the final meeting at the village with the GAP and the Axe of Prissan when Ears finally removes Kore's paladin status. (a personal theory, that Ears allows the axe to injure him as he stands over an innocent youngling in the village. Otherwise the axe would have passed through him and killed the youngling. Once Kore uses the axe to injure another Paladin in an act of mid-sacrifice, he loses his Paladin status and his curse is lifted as the demon in the axe is either destroyed or now properly fully trapped forevermore since such an ultimate act of goodness and sacrifice is committed by a victim of the axe.)

YalaYalaGetDolla
Mutters to Themself

Post by YalaYalaGetDolla » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:00 pm

MakesNoSense wrote:Besides, it makes sense (in my little world) that somehow, Kore (in one potential form or another) has the final meeting at the village with the GAP and the Axe of Prissan when Ears finally removes Kore's paladin status. (a personal theory, that Ears allows the axe to injure him as he stands over an innocent youngling in the village. Otherwise the axe would have passed through him and killed the youngling. Once Kore uses the axe to injure another Paladin in an act of mid-sacrifice, he loses his Paladin status and his curse is lifted as the demon in the axe is either destroyed or now properly fully trapped forevermore since such an ultimate act of goodness and sacrifice is committed by a victim of the axe.)
I also have a feeling there's gonna be a massive showdown at the village. There's only one problem with your theory: if Ears dies I will cry every single second for the rest of my entire life. :becry:

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:21 pm

MakesNoSense wrote:Well, there are a couple of things I would point out.

First of all, given the location of where the GAP was when Kore found them, it seems to me that Kore must have been behind them. If the dungeon is the fastest/most direct route, then it is even quite likely (in my mind) that Kore simply happened to be headed for the dungeon for the same reason - to get to the village as quickly/directly as possible.
No, the GAP were going there specifically to rescue Fumbles. Otherwise, they'd have gone south (I think).

MakesNoSense
Speaks Quietly

Post by MakesNoSense » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:21 pm

I also have a feeling there's gonna be a massive showdown at the village. There's only one problem with your theory: if Ears dies I will cry every single second for the rest of my entire life. :becry:[/quote]

Well... you may have a problem then. In the description of the axe, "Because the axe was created as a paladin's tool, it was enchanted in such a way that it could never be used against that class of warrior. The axe would always pass harmlessly through any paladin like a ghost drifting through a castle wall. There was only one way for the axe to be solid for a paladin and that were if he wished it so."

The last sentence has no need to exist, except for story-telling purposes. There will be a paladin in this story who wishes the axe to be solid so that it cuts into them. The most likely candidate is Ears, and it is probably for something important like saving the world and making the big difference. It also fits in with the "Ears... Oh gods, Ears. What have you done?" sound clip we got on the comeback page. But maybe Kore's victims will be restored to life after the curse is broken :)

I'm STILL pulling for Chief to come back.

MakesNoSense
Speaks Quietly

Post by MakesNoSense » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:25 pm

Glemp wrote:
MakesNoSense wrote:Well, there are a couple of things I would point out.

No, the GAP were going there specifically to rescue Fumbles. Otherwise, they'd have gone south (I think).
The GAP went to Brassmoon to rescue Fumbles (the road to Brassmoon turns North after the swamp) and they have been traveling almost due south since, the dungeon entrance is well south of the bend in the road. I seem to remember (can't find the quote in the comic atm) that someone (I think Complains of Names) wants to make for the dungeon because it is the fastest way back to the village (after Fumbles is rescued).

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:12 pm

MakesNoSense wrote:The last sentence has no need to exist, except for story-telling purposes.
Or because paladins should have a way of touching and subsequently wielding an axe made specifically for them.

YalaYalaGetDolla
Mutters to Themself

Post by YalaYalaGetDolla » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:18 pm

MakesNoSense wrote: The last sentence has no need to exist, except for story-telling purposes. There will be a paladin in this story who wishes the axe to be solid so that it cuts into them. The most likely candidate is Ears, and it is probably for something important like saving the world and making the big difference. It also fits in with the "Ears... Oh gods, Ears. What have you done?" sound clip we got on the comeback page. But maybe Kore's victims will be restored to life after the curse is broken :)

I'm STILL pulling for Chief to come back.
As am I, friend, as am I.

Maybe the paladin's choice line is so they can wield it, but at the same time it would be a pretty horrible class-based weapon if the class it was made for can't hold it.

Now I'm wondering if you can jab a paladin with the handle. :D

And oh good maglubiyet on high my Yala just tried to climb in my shirt while I was typing ow

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:25 am

Just piping in to remind you all that in the original layout of the GAp, Ears would've been dead by now (Brassmoon fights). For some reason THunt decidded to let Ears live, as it would not matter to the story. So letting Ears die in an act of sacrifice later would fit the story well.
My main question is what role the Axe of Prissan is playing, or would have been playing if Ears had died... There is no Paladin in the group which could've claimed the Axe.

SoulReaver
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by SoulReaver » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:43 am

Krulle wrote:My main question is what role the Axe of Prissan is playing, or would have been playing if Ears had died... There is no Paladin in the group which could've claimed the Axe.
I guess that rope thingy they did was pretty important for story. Any class could do that, right?

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:12 am

Sure, but then you'd have to know about the Axe passing any Paladin. And without being a paladin touching the Axe will not tell you that.
You might find out during a fight, but the stunning moment of "what happened" is worse than "huh? Oh yeah, damn forgot about that."

Oh damn, can't stop thinking about how much farther down the storyline we might be if.....
But it'll take as long as it needs.