Keep prosilver as an option

Discuss the comic here!
ThroughTheWell

Keep prosilver as an option

Post by ThroughTheWell » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:39 pm

Please keep prosilver as a board prefence option. I don't care what the default is, but after trying the weaponadventure gobins themed option for half a day, I found it distracting and cluttered. prosilver is what we had for the temp forum, it is clean, uncluttered, and I can easily see the contrast for the red star in threads that I've posted to. All I'm asking is that it be kept as an option, just in case so many other people are enamored of the new theme that you consider getting rid of it without warning. Thanks.

I supose if someon else like this they could post here too, so that I'm not a lone voice.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: Keep prosilver as an option

Post by SamWiser » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:44 pm

I do hope you keep the prosilver. I like the weapons and adventures, but I was used to the prosilver. It's like that really old comfy sweater that you pull out sometimes. It's nice.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose
UStream Username: See_a_Moose

Post by SeeAMoose » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:23 pm

Don't worry, we've always planned to keep prosilver around. I heard people saying that they wanted to keep the option of the prosilver theme available before we even brought the new forum up. Also, the new theme is far from finished, we just wanted to bring the permanent forum online sooner rather than later, so we got it going as soon as we had the basics cover. Over the coming weeks and possibly months you can expect to see the default theme evolve. If you have any suggestions or just general comments on it I would love to hear them!

Best,
Moose ... possibly on the Loose
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:51 am

Yeah, I'm in Prosilver because it's familiar from the XKCD forums. It's not great, but I found that the parchment-style color scheme (reminiscent of MythWeavers, which I also don't use much) was distracting and not conducive to communication.

My favorite forums are always black page / gray text / white links, but that's not something you see often.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.