Twitter: [now] new colourist, again.

Discuss the comic here!
WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: Re: Twitter tweets (currently: Tweet from February 15)

Post by WearsHats » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:14 am

Essentially, we're changing the thread's subtitle. Which, yes, happens with several threads on these boards. The main title tells you what the thread is generally for, the subtitle gives you more current information about what's going on there now.

Again, I don't see why this is a big deal.

Also: We've spent nearly as much time talking about how to use this thread and where it's okay to post stuff as we have discussing the actual topic at hand. :wall:
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

TeaLovingDave
Whispers Softly

Post by TeaLovingDave » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:18 am

WearsHats wrote:Also: We've spent nearly as much time talking about how to use this thread and where it's okay to post stuff as we have discussing the actual topic at hand. :wall:
Quite; for a start, the fact that Thunt has not posted a single thing on Twitter for three days now - which for someone who has been having health issues lately and usually posts about a half dozen times a day even *when* ill is a little bit concerning......

Hope he is okay.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Twitter tweets (currently: Tweet from February 15)

Post by Krulle » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:08 pm

Indeed. It made me queasy....
I hope he and his family is fine.

(shall I change the title to reflect our concerns?)
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:26 pm

I would expect he's been working himself to exhaustion, leaving himself tired, headachy, and miserable. If anything catastrophic had happened, I think he'd have told us. Update is due, and he spent a lot of time shading the latest page. But, sure, update the thread topic if you want.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: Twitter tweets (currently: no tweets since 16 February)

Post by SamWiser » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:20 pm

His twitter feed does seem to slow down when he's working hard on a page. Since he knows this is a big moment, he's promised us that this will be mind-blowing, and he's already a few days late, I expect that he's just working really hard. It'll start again once this page is finished.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:15 pm

► Show Spoiler
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

TeaLovingDave
Whispers Softly

Post by TeaLovingDave » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:42 pm

BuildsLegos wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Gryphonic
Voices Opinions

Post by Gryphonic » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:29 pm

TeaLovingDave wrote:
BuildsLegos wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
On the other hand, if this is just his perfectionism going into overdrive, I'll laugh and sympathize. Because don't ask me how long I've spent fussing over the same 14x14" painting lately.... :roll: I've forgiven favorite authors for many months' delay before, so long as they get it out eventually. I can't believe THunt has been churning this out for years.
Image Joiiiiiin ussssssss.....

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:02 am

► Show Spoiler
Indeed. It's wonderful to read the amount of work done in all those years.
And he started much earlier than the file names of the first comics suggest, as in that time he updated 5 times a week, since he had a massive stock beforehand, when he finally decided to publish.

Again, thank you,
THunt!

Simon
Speaks Quietly

Post by Simon » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:10 am

► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:12 am

► Show Spoiler

vagabond
Remains Silent

Post by vagabond » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:50 am

ImageHello everybody. I'm new here and I want to ask one question.
In which reality comic update is TODAY? Because it's obviously being updated for one week.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:09 am

Bro, do you even read?

Seriously. I'm all for new people joining the community (hi and welcome) but did you read a single bloody post before you made yours?

RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Post by RidcullyJack » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:12 am

vagabond wrote:{img}Hello everybody. I'm new here and I want to ask one question.
In which reality comic update is TODAY? Because it's obviously being updated for one week.
Oooh, you're gonna get in trouble with the ancient and honorable order of defenders of Thunt. ;)

Yes, it's been "today" for a while; the counter is broken, forgotten or otherwise un-editable at the moment. Thunt seems to be incommunicado.

To preempt:
It'll happen when it happens; it's free after all; he's doing his best; blood splatter takes forever to draw; he's been in hospital recently; the next few pages will be legendary; and he beats himself up about late updates more than any reader ever could.

(Did I cover everything, ancient and honorable order?)

Marnath
Is Heard Often

Post by Marnath » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:14 am

vagabond wrote:ImageHello everybody. I'm new here and I want to ask one question.
So you skipped right over the discussion of "What if something happened and he died?" to whine about no update? I'm sure he will update as soon as the page is done, assuming that his cabin didn't burn down or something.

Tofu
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: Tofu

Post by Tofu » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:38 am

OMG!!!! His cabin burnt down?

Is his wacom tablet still ok?

Gryphonic
Voices Opinions

Post by Gryphonic » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:46 am

Tofu wrote:OMG!!!! His cabin burnt down?

Is his wacom tablet still ok?
That made me laugh and now I feel ashamed. :oops:
Image Joiiiiiin ussssssss.....

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:40 am

Forget his wacom!
What about his high-definition originals?
Is the backup okay?

(And what about his dog/kids/wife/himself?)

BTW: I would guess a communication shutdown/dropout.
Danielles twitter is also very quiet.... (last tweet: 9 Februari)

WastesTime
Is Heard Often

Post by WastesTime » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:37 am

RidcullyJack wrote:
vagabond wrote:{img}Hello everybody. I'm new here and I want to ask one question.
Oooh, you're gonna get in trouble with the ancient and honorable order of defenders of Thunt. ;)

Yes, it's been "today" for a while; the counter is broken, forgotten or otherwise un-editable at the moment. Thunt seems to be incommunicado.

To preempt:
It'll happen when it happens; it's free after all; he's doing his best; blood splatter takes forever to draw; he's been in hospital recently; the next few pages will be legendary; and he beats himself up about late updates more than any reader ever could.

(Did I cover everything, ancient and honorable order?)

NAY! Ye forgot that the undying and unconditional love for the comic should prevent any from even mentally trying to criticize Thunt! ;)
"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"

vagabond
Remains Silent

Post by vagabond » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:45 am

I am not a fan of this comic.
Yes I started reading it and yes I am curious how will this story develop. But i check it only now and then and I try not to read this forum and all of your posts in which you discuss IME, mechanics, logic and all other issues. So when I see that update should be tomorrow, then I expect to find it updated.
There is no topic, or I just could not find one which stands for "goblins cancelled" and please do not make me read all your posts to find out what is going on.
So
If thunt is hurt - i feel sorry for him.
And no offence. But seriously a lot of you guys are insane lunatic nerds who live in that goblins reality #154
Yours sincerly
Piotr from across the ocean.
Last edited by vagabond on Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:54 am

No prob, Piotr.

We sometimes forget, that those not coming to the forum regularly might not be so fluent in English.
Your post came across rather harsh, and we will put that down to "non-native speaker".

Thank you for your understanding.

And thank you for going through the effort to find a thread where your post might fit.

TheGreatOldOne
Mumbles Incoherently
UStream Username: the_great_old_one

Post by TheGreatOldOne » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:22 am

vagabond wrote:
There is no topic, or I just could not find one which stands for "goblins cancelled" and please do not make me read all your posts to find out what is going on.
Honestly, no one can really blame you for not knowing what is going on, because nobody really knows right now. We're all just speculating. Thunt has never (to my knowledge) disappeared like this, and quite a few of us are genuinely concerned for his well-being. We're coming up on 5 days of dead air from someone who normally puts up multiple twitter updates per day (and is quite fastidious about keeping everyone up to date on the status of the comic, especially if it's going to be late), so I think there's more than cause for concern. All we can do is hope for the best, and wait patiently to see what's going on.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:52 am

vagabond wrote:I am not a fan of this comic.
Yes I started reading it and yes I am curious how will this story develop. But i check it only now and then and I try not to read this forum and all of your posts in which you discuss IME, mechanics, logic and all other issues. So when I see that update should be tomorrow, then I expect to find it updated.
So
If thunt is hurt - i feel sorry for him.
And no offence. But seriously a lot of you guys are insane lunatic nerds who live in that goblins reality #154
Yours sincerly
Piotr from across the ocean.
Sorry, just to clarify - you came to the forum looking for answers as to why the comic hadn't updated, but you also chose not to read any posts in search of those answers? Isn't that rather like being thirsty, walking into the kitchen to get water, but not wanting to drink out of any of the cups?

I don't understand what you hoped to achieve here.

Gherkin
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Gherkin » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:13 am

I'm thinking it's just a matter of the joke about ogling other women not going over well with the wife ;-) He'll be back once he recovers from getting hit on the head with the frying pan.

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:27 am

I have a new theory on what has happened to THunt:

He's been abducted by aliens! A couple days ago the Northern Lights were visible all the way south into the northern parts of the US (see this story). So perhaps they went outside to have a look, and that's when aliens appeared and took them away! :lol:
► Show Spoiler