Twitter: [now] new colourist, again.

Discuss the comic here!
Michael7050
ServesBeers

Re: Twitter tweets (now: blog post=april fools?)

Post by Michael7050 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:21 pm

Ooooh, nice Sig, Krulle.
ServesBeers, the original Proprietor of the Gobl'INN has returned from his extended vacation in the Astral Sea to see what all the hold up is.

"Yes dammit Wolfie, I do still own this Place, you do still work for ME and I AM NOT DEAD YET thank you very much."

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Re: Twitter tweets (now: the banhammer is busy!)

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:27 pm

lingrem wrote:She didn't dare him though?

But it does make me wonder how many people would seriously think it was an April Fool's joke. Hmm.
I actually wouldn't put it past him, mostly because we're at a point of an epic throwdown here. Currently Kore's got the upper hand; it'd take FOREVER and a day to get things done -right-. And it would be a PLEASANT surprise to see multiple pages at once get thrown up depicting the entire battle at once. Thunt's a crafty one, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was all a set up.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:39 pm

Krulle I stole your idea cuz it is owsum.

Thx!
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

wordelo
Mutters to Themself

Post by wordelo » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:51 pm

Is it wrong of me to hope this is an April fools joke? on one end it does seem a little convenient that he's getting better at this time and he is a kind of person that would do this...

on the other end I can sympathize with Thunt on the validity of this...

3 years ago my car broke down on my way to work on April fools day. I called a friend and actually had to say... "My car broke down... and I'm NOT joking. this isn't an April fools joke. My car REALLY broke down. Could I get a ride?"

either way we're still here.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:56 pm

You really think he's the kind of person who would disappear for a month and a half and fake a panic meltdown for an April fool's joke?

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:09 pm

Personally, I strongly doubt it. I suspect that Thunt lost track of how much time had passed and that he wasn't really looking at the date (as more or less implied by his last tweet). The "flavour" of his prior posts feel too much like someone who is going through something bad. IMO the timing is coincidental.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:11 pm

wordelo did say 'hope'. Is it wrong to hope that Thunt didn't really suffer a mental breakdown, and has been working on the comic this whole time no matter how implausible that may be?

Benbo231
Of Few Words

Post by Benbo231 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:12 pm

It'd be one hell of an april fools, wouldn't it?

But I'm getting the sense that it's not. I may be new around here, but THunt doesn't strike me as the kind of person who'd play around with stuff like that.

But it would be awesome.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:28 pm

Glemp wrote:wordelo did say 'hope'. Is it wrong to hope that Thunt didn't really suffer a mental breakdown, and has been working on the comic this whole time no matter how implausible that may be?
I know what he said. I have fairly good reading comprehension over short distances. ;) He also said:
wordelo wrote:he is a kind of person that would do this...
So I asked if he really thinks Thunt is the kind of person who would do this.

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:47 pm

Well, someone already called "april's fools" in the first week or so.
In the extremely likely event that we now live in an alternate reality where THunt would even consider something like this for a joke, that guy (or girl) would definitely win an internet.
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

Jural
Whispers Softly

Post by Jural » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:28 pm

RocketScientist wrote:You really think he's the kind of person who would disappear for a month and a half and fake a panic meltdown for an April fool's joke?
I'm not sure there are "people like that"... there probably are though.

wordelo
Mutters to Themself

Post by wordelo » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:46 pm

when I first started reading Goblins his April fools joke was that he quits and that it has been an enjoyable ride and he's sorry he won't finish the story. ever since then I've read his jokes in twitter, blogs, and the comic.

I don't know the guy, maybe I misjudged his character. Every day for the last couple of weeks I kept on looking for this blog thinking that Thunt wouldn't go so extreme as to make this an April fools joke. but every day I don't see the blog I can't help but think "he's waiting for April fools. That sly...." and see the biggest comic update to date finishing the current story arc.

It would almost be poetic I think.

this is my thinking...
2 months ago Thunt was thinking "man I wish I had the time to upload this part of the comic that has been in the works for the last decade all at once. but I can't just stop updating while telling the fans that I am making a big update that is going to take some time. I know I'll pull the biggest April fools joke ever saying that I got horribly sick or something, but that's just mean. faking an illness isn't right."

after thinking for some time he comes up with a mental breakdown that everyone would believe. and not be so mean like faking a heart attack or something.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:09 pm

yeah...no.

I dont buy it.

If he was faking, I would say he has the ability to mimic someone with sever anxiety issues perfectly. And seeing as how I R one, I am fairly confident I could spot even a a good faker. There are certain things that leave certain invisible marks on you that only those who are very familiar with said marks are able to see (kind of like how women who have been abused can tell when another woman has been abused, so I hear). So no. I dont think he is faking because he bears the marks of anxiety (and even the signature rebound after a severe crash) too well to be a faker in my opinion.

This is assuming, of course, that Tarol and I suffer from the same kind of anxiety (which I can not positively confirm). Srsly tho....

You want to help Tarol? Stop talking about his problems. IMHO of dealing with this crap, it causes you to fixate and loop on it more. He needs a distraction. So somebody either kidnap his ass and drug him and put him on a one way flight to a tropical destination, or everyone just behave as if he had never had a meltdown. Cuz if Tarol is anything even remotely like me (in terms of things he suffered, which again I only speculate is true) he is going to be kind of all over the place for a little while and wont get back to "normal" for a bit. (individual results may vary)

In conclusion: Tarol, google Rurutu. Im pretty sure they have never heard of Goblins there and you can get two two-way tickets there for somewhere around $4k USD I think.
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

Jochi
Speaks Quietly

Post by Jochi » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:37 pm

Argh Blargle wrote:Well, after much and long lurking, I had to register to prove that the best way to avoid a mass-banning is to get in late :lol:

And very glad to see Thunt posting again ( comic can wait mate ).

Oh and not Canadian o:)
Tofu wrote:...
Riddle me this then ..

Quebecois is to Canada as is What to British?
Surely you mean Scotland ( since we're the ones most likely to ... leave :P )
The UK, maybe. You can't really leave Britain unless you have a bigger spindizzy than James Blish ever envisioned.

CooksACarrot
An Obvious Distraction

Post by CooksACarrot » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:28 pm

Tofu wrote:
Brings Cupcakes wrote:
CooksACarrot wrote: As a Canadian, I think of myself as British too...
What? No! Stop that!
Riddle me this then ..

There is no safe answer to that question, and it really, really depends on what part of the country and what community you are from. And what time period.
Look! A Distraction!
-William Lyon Mackenzie King, Prime Minister, Ninja

CooksACarrot
An Obvious Distraction

Post by CooksACarrot » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:36 pm

Tofu wrote:
Riddle me this then ..

I like Welsh, but Madame Marois would probably say Indian or, (heaven help us), South African.
Look! A Distraction!
-William Lyon Mackenzie King, Prime Minister, Ninja

Daughter Of Yahweh
Whispers Softly

Post by Daughter Of Yahweh » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:44 pm

To the suggestion that Thunt disappeared for over a month and is only just revealing sensitive details about a meltdown, including a disturbing piece of art that he drew, to the suggestion that ALL OF THAT was FAKED for April Fools...

I say to thee, Internet:
Really?

Everything about that suggestion goes against common sense, and in my opinion undermines Thunt's integrity. I mean seriously.

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:11 am

I put it out there because I seriously didn't see any way THunt would do that, especially with how long this would have to go on, since he started this hiatus. I still call "Bah!" to anybody claiming it is anything but a wild and untrue theory. After all, before that time, we were instructed not to propose anything that could really be happening.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:45 am

wordelo wrote:when I first started reading Goblins his April fools joke was that he quits and that it has been an enjoyable ride and he's sorry he won't finish the story.
You mean this three years old one?
► Show Spoiler
edit: I exchanged the quoted post for one that fits even better.
Last edited by Krulle on Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:47 am

I agree that people who -really think- (rather than casually looking at the idea and saying "heeeh...that wouldn't be funny") that Thunt would be so generally disrespectful of his fanbase and the wider internet community by essentially making a joke out of MH issues, are wrong. Thunt tries his hardest to be PC, as has been illustrated by his attempt to understand both sides of feminism/MRA and such... I don't think he'd be dumb enough or have poor enough taste to fake a MH issue for the lols.

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:30 am

At least not for very long. I think there's a chance he might do it a week before April Fools' Day, but never this long before April Fools' Day. He appreciates us as readers, contributors, fans, and friends enough that he wouldn't subject us to such stress for so long over a fake situation. Even if some of us only fit a few of those categories.

SculptsAir
Whispers Softly

Post by SculptsAir » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:12 am

Daughter Of Yahweh wrote:To the suggestion that Thunt disappeared for over a month and is only just revealing sensitive details about a meltdown, including a disturbing piece of art that he drew, to the suggestion that ALL OF THAT was FAKED for April Fools...

I say to thee, Internet:
Really?

Everything about that suggestion goes against common sense, and in my opinion undermines Thunt's integrity. I mean seriously.
Well, if he did all this for April fools, then i guess there really is something wrong with his head.

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:20 am

Davecom3 wrote:At least not for very long. I think there's a chance he might do it a week before April Fools' Day, but never this long before April Fools' Day. He appreciates us as readers, contributors, fans, and friends enough that he wouldn't subject us to such stress for so long over a fake situation. Even if some of us only fit a few of those categories.
Maybe a week of "I can't take it anymore, I'm done". A mental breakdown however? No way.

It is however a shame that because all of this THunt didn't get the chance to do an april's fools joke this year. Screw the comic, I want a joke!

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:34 am

To be clear: I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting that this is a prank. The subject came up because he was getting ready to post, and Danielle pointed out that posting now might confuse some of their several hundred thousand readers. Those of us who "know" Thunt because we read his tweets or chat with him on the livestream or what have you know him better than that. But we're actually a minority of the comic's total readership. We've already had trolls come in here to suggest that he's faking the whole thing. Just to be on the safe side, it's better to wait until tomorrow. It will avoid potential doubt, confusion, and misunderstanding.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:51 am

And hope THunt will come up with a joke for today, or I will be forever disappointed and won't be able to sleep tonight :'(