Twitter: [now] new colourist, again.

Discuss the comic here!
RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Re: Twitter tweets (now: THunt's back to the forum.)

Post by RocketScientist » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:15 am

mustache_man wrote:So it's ok to be an ass if someone else is an ass to me first?
Offline or in your own forum? Sure. Knock yourself out.

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:47 am

Mh, I guess I really disagree with you guys regarding respect and when it's okay and not okay to be disrespectful. To use that "public kitchen" analogy, it's one thing that someone starts to be a tool towards the chef, and it's completely logical and a good thing to do for the chef when he kicks the guy out. However, stirring up the argument for a few minutes and then kicking the guy out with no chance to properly respond? That's just mean and makes everyone in the kitchen uncomfortable. I really think there's a thing called "being the bigger man". Answering in the way THunt did may be justified (like I said in my previous post), but it's not a good example and it really doesn't accomplish anything. If you answer with respectful criticism you would deserve respect, because you put forward a reasonable attitude. Shorting someone's name to "ass" is simply mean, with no productive outcome.
Does that make sense? Anyway, this might be a point on which other forumites and me disagree, but that's the way I feel.
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:29 am

I will say, yes, you do make sense. And your point is valid...

I think, to be honest that we all agree, but... I also understand the Action, and while, yes it seems kind of juvenile, I also feel it was "needed" so as to show how it actually is that the other people are acting... sure, Thunt could have taken the highroad, as the mods have done so many times... but once in a while... just once... the goal does justify the means, And in this case, where it was Thunt himself, on his own forum, responding to serious juvenile behavior, I think it was okay...

But no, of course it is not a behavior to strive for... And I don't think (or hope) that anyone does.

(sorry for bad English... I'm on a tablet and seriously can't find the energy to correct all the mistakes)

Best regards - LAYF.
and, can we please move on. we all agree, it was not the highroad. but we can also all see the justice in it... (my take)
-Best regards LAYF

CooksACarrot
An Obvious Distraction

Post by CooksACarrot » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:44 am

So if we were all to go for a beer in New Zealand, what kind of bar food could we expect? Fish and Chips? Deep fried pickles?
Look! A Distraction!
-William Lyon Mackenzie King, Prime Minister, Ninja

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:53 am

Hobbit food would be nice. :D

And I know I've already said it, but I feel the need to say again that I'm loving the way the new info boxes, look. 8)

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:02 am

Okay, copy-pasting a few more tweets:
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:Just took a glance at my email inbox for the first time. Right away, I see that something about my 'WTF' picture needs to be cleared up...
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:That's... that's drool on her chin. That stuff? That's drool. I can't stress enough, how that's JUST drool on her chin. Really.
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:There also seems to be some folks thinking that my picture is somehow sexual or fetishistic. Not even the tiniest bit. Also... ew.

@Thunt_Goblins wrote:After Twittering with you guys, I slept for 7 hours. I haven't slept that much in one go for 2 or 3 weeks. I've also started getting...
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:...an appetite. It feels kind of humiliating to be celebrating such simple tasks, but I ate most of a sandwich today. I squeed.
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:I have no doubt that it's because of you. Our Twitter "talks" have been the most social thing I've done in a month and a half.
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:I know "friends" isn't the most realistic word to describe most of you, since honestly, I don't know many or your faces or names.
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:But "fans" is such a crap term too. You helped my with the down payment to buy my house. You helped me become a better artist/writer...
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:...and now you've played no small part in helping me through... whatever you call this. You've literally saved my mind, if not my life.
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm getting all weird and gooey. :P I'll get more into this in the blog, but basically...
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:...you're amazing and I'm even more in your debt now. Thank you.
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:I guess what I'm trying to say is... um... I don't know if all of you are seeing other webcomic authors right now, but... well...
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:...If you wanted to... (pushes my hands into my pockets, lifts my shoulders up to my ears and makes a circle on the ground with my foot)
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:...y'know... go steady? I've got a couple hundred thousand of my letterman jackets in the truck and I'd love for you all to wear 'em.

@Thunt_Goblins wrote:Sigh. Gods, I've missed taking my jokes too far like that. XD

smjjames
Of Few Words

Re: Twitter tweets (now: THunt's back on twitter full blown)

Post by smjjames » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:29 am

The twitter feed on the comic page isn't updating though.

As for the wtf pic thing, yeah that's what happens when you leave such a crazy pic unexplained for so long.

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:44 am

But drool is my fetish :oops:

In all seriousness: I can see the recent tweets on the comic page, so it seems to be updating just fine.

smjjames
Of Few Words

Post by smjjames » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:55 am

Well, this one "Sigh. Gods, I've missed taking my jokes too far like that. XD" shows as the latest for me.

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:15 am

But that was the last post. Krulle posts from old to new :P

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:37 am

Guus wrote:But that was the last post. Krulle posts from old to new :P
Indeed, I do.

There are newer ones on his twitter feed , but they are directed to others and should not show up on the feed....
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

Overshot
Mutters to Themself

Post by Overshot » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:50 am

Why do I still have to wait for my posts to be confirmed? I've already proved that that other account wasnt mine. Why am I still effectively banned?

I'm writing this here because I have no other way to communicate with the mods..

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:55 am

CooksACarrot wrote:So if we were all to go for a beer in New Zealand, what kind of bar food could we expect? Fish and Chips? Deep fried pickles?
Hamburgers, fish n chips, maybe some prawns or mussels, nachos, chicken nibbles - that sorta thing. I usually grab the fish n chips, usually beer battered. Goes well with a nice cold beer.

If you dined out at a restaurant there would be eye fillet or sirloin steak, a roast lamb dish, fresh fish (battered or pan fried), prawns or mussels, and a chicken dish.
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:09 am

Overshot wrote:Why do I still have to wait for my posts to be confirmed? I've already proved that that other account wasnt mine. Why am I still effectively banned?

I'm writing this here because I have no other way to communicate with the mods..
Do you not have the option of PM's? you should... In case you do not answer to this PM I take it you cant and will make sure an Admin looks into the problem as soon as I can get hold of one (as soon as one is online and has time)

In case you do not know, at the side of every post you see a user name, right by that there is a PM icon/text. that should allow you to send a PM directly to that user.

About as to why you are on probation, your probation was not only due to the (wrongly I will confirm) assumed double account, but also due to the content in many of your posts... as one example, your last attempted post (That I denied) contained more of the same type of content, and was therefore denied and is part of why the probation has not yet been lifted.

Any post you make will be read by a mod first, and then either confirmed or denied! if you for an extended period of time prove that you are able to post on topic and civilized posts said probation will be lifted again.

(Writing this here to be sure you can see it, and to show that there is no secrets in how probation works)

Best regards -LAYF.

Edit:
Some updates has been made and you should now be able to make PMs
-Best regards LAYF

smjjames
Of Few Words

Post by smjjames » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:06 am

Krulle wrote:
Guus wrote:But that was the last post. Krulle posts from old to new :P
Indeed, I do.

There are newer ones on his twitter feed , but they are directed to others and should not show up on the feed....
Oh, I misunderstood how the twitter feed works vs the feed on the comic page.

CooksACarrot
An Obvious Distraction

Post by CooksACarrot » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:35 am

Synch wrote:
CooksACarrot wrote:So if we were all to go for a beer in New Zealand, what kind of bar food could we expect? Fish and Chips? Deep fried pickles?
Hamburgers, fish n chips, maybe some prawns or mussels, nachos, chicken nibbles - that sorta thing. I usually grab the fish n chips, usually beer battered. Goes well with a nice cold beer.

If you dined out at a restaurant there would be eye fillet or sirloin steak, a roast lamb dish, fresh fish (battered or pan fried), prawns or mussels, and a chicken dish.
That sounds fantastic. I live pretty close to the middle of the country (Ontario, Canada), and it is pretty hard to get good seafood (although we have the best hard cheeses, apples and garlic). Whenever I am visiting family on the east coast, i pig out on seafood (especially scallops) and fiddleheads.
Look! A Distraction!
-William Lyon Mackenzie King, Prime Minister, Ninja

mnementh
Former Mod

Post by mnementh » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:22 am

Well... I said THunt's next post was going to have to be a doozie, to be worth giving up the magical number 42... and it was.

How can so many folks not understand the reality that the guy was BEING an ass, and THunt simply called him one on the way while pushing him out the door of his house?

This is NOT a Democracy, folks; this is a man's home. First Amendment doesn't apply, ESPECIALLY when you're insulting a man and his friends in that man's own home. You should just be glad if he doesn't beat the stuffing out of you on the way while he's tossing you out the door.

mnem
I would have pants-ed him first...

Benbo231
Of Few Words

Post by Benbo231 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:49 am

ÔÇ£Rule 0: The unwritten rule in tabletop role-playing games (such as Dungeons & Dragons) which grants the game master the right to suspend or override the published game rules whenever s/he deems necessary.ÔÇØ
ÔÇôurbandictionary.com

Rule Zero: Learn it, live it, love it.
If you piss off a God, especially one who's just now starting to recover from some pretty world-shaking stuff in his life, things aren't gonna go well for you. I'm surprised he took the time to explain himself, my experience with other admins on other sites hasn't always been so friendly.

It's good to have you back, THunt.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:49 am

Rule 0 is always unwritten but should always be known. :)
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

mnementh
Former Mod

Post by mnementh » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:14 am

Wolfie wrote:Rule 0 is always unwritten but should always be known. :)
Yeah... well. Awareness of Rule Zero is part of truly becoming AWARE. MANY folks who consider themselves adults are NOT truly AWARE.

mnem
No matter how we may rant and rail about "What Should Be", eventually each and every one of us must kneel down and pray before the Altar of the God of "What Is".

mustache_man
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by mustache_man » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:40 am

mnementh wrote: How can so many folks not understand the reality that the guy was BEING an ass, and THunt simply called him one on the way while pushing him out the door of his house?
I doubt that "many folks" don't get that the guy was being an ass. In fact, I'm pretty sure that was one of the very first things I said. I still don't think it was necessary to stoop to his level before banning him. And yes, it's Thunt's home and he can do as he pleases, but because it's his home, he is the one that must set the example, more than anyone else. Either way, I'm done arguing this point. It's pretty clear the vast majority disagrees.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:50 am

mustache, in many ways Thunt has the power to do things here that the rest of us cannot, including the admins and moderators. We are bound by the rules set forth by us and must abide by them, even if it means utter frustration. Thunt on the other hand is really only half bound by those rules. He has the option to do just about whatever he pleases and can take care of certain issues in ways that we can't. Do we always agree with it? No. Is it always fair? No. But as it has already been pointed out, this is Thunt's house. You can't come in here, put your shoes on his furniture, drink his good liquor, eat all his food, and then tell everyone within shouting distance how horrible you think the owner and his stuff are. It's rude and needs to be dealt with in a way that the mods could properly deal with.

We (the mods and admins) are just the watchers and overseers while Thunt is away. His is the ultimate say.

Without my admin hat on, I cheered when I saw his post, if only because Thunt dealt with a user who had vastly overstayed his welcome and the others mods and I had our hands tied in how to deal with him. As an admin, I do agree he could have used a bit more... grace. What's done is done and we can't go back. I'm glad Thunt had the energy to come in here and take out the trash, so to speak, and I hope he decides to come back and play again. Only this time, with his usual spunk and no ban-hammer.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:10 pm

I generally agree with Wolfie.
But in front of all the other guests? But then, so did that guy...

Anyway, can we be sure Brass... (forgot the full name) is able to read why he'll be standing in front of closed doors next time? Has he received a copy by mail?

Just out of curiosity....
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:12 pm

Krulle wrote:I generally agree with Wolfie.
But in front of all the other guests? But then, so did that guy...

Anyway, can we be sure Brass... (forgot the full name) is able to read why he'll be standing in front of closed doors next time? Has he received a copy by mail?

Just out of curiosity....
If nothing else he can just read it while not logged in
-Best regards LAYF

AntMac
Likes to Contribute

Post by AntMac » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:13 pm

Synch wrote:
AntMac wrote:And if you come to Auckland, New Zealand
Wow, that's like 4 or 5 of us in the same city on the other side of the world, maybe even the most populous city on this forum! We should all have a beer one day!
See . . . that's quite tempting, but . . . what if we were all like MAJOR disappointments to each other when we met?.

I mean, from my posts, you guys obviously get the idea that I am 6'4", jaw like Eastwood, and intellect just washes off me in waves . . . Wouldn't it be cruel to spoil that for you?.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We could meet somewhere in a park or something, for a Goblins Picnic ! And take photos 'n shit, make all the others jealous at our South Pacific Paradise * !. Who are the other Aucklanders, have you kept track?.
Actually, we are sometimes called "Britain in the South Seas" and that means a baseline of stodgy badly cooked fatty food . . . but you know how good the British were at stealing stuffs?, so the Language is full of all the COOL words from other peoples tongues, and the Atlas has all these pretty pink spots in some of the nicest bits of the world, and they get to wear Kilts with little knives in our socks if they want or Panama Hats or Bermuda Shorts AND IT IS ALL BRITISH, CAUSE WE STOLE IT FAIR AND SQUARE ! . . . ?. Well, we have I would suspect the widest selection of foods here now . . . I suppose just like London does, in fact.

( Opps. I missed the word Bar , in your question. So, funnily enough, we don't do the American thing at all, where food is on the bar for free. Food in public ( and beers, too ) is a lot more expensive then it is in the USA. But most of the nicer bars now have a kitchen attached, running for a couple of hours either side of lunchtime, and you can get calamari, chips, fish bites, sometimes even stuff like teppan or tappas too. )
RocketScientist wrote:Hobbit food would be nice. :D
Hobbit food, that's ALL THE FOODS, right?. :)

*ventures outside this morning, turns on heel, goes back inside for warmer shirt and woolly hat