Twitter: [now] new colourist, again.

Discuss the comic here!
smjjames
Of Few Words

Re: Twitter tweets (now: THunt's back on twitter full blown)

Post by smjjames » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:25 pm

Tofu wrote:
Brings Cupcakes wrote:
CooksACarrot wrote: As a Canadian, I think of myself as British too...
What? No! Stop that!
Riddle me this then ..

Quebecois is to Canada as is What to British?
Welsh maybe?

Tofu
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: Tofu

Post by Tofu » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:28 pm

Aha - My point is proven. CooksACarrot is completely within his rights to continue such thoughts, but only in welsh!

AntMac
Likes to Contribute

Post by AntMac » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:56 pm

Hmm. Is you a NATIVE Canadian, CooksACarrot?. Cause, maybe your treaties contain a clause like OUR treaty does?.

Article the third
In consideration thereof Her Majesty the Queen of England extends to the Natives of New Zealand Her royal protection and imparts to them all the Rights and Privileges of British Subjects.ÔÇÖ

So Brings Cupcakes has to say "Oh I say , me old china plate, Hones' as good as his Masters Race".

( The joke there, lost on you guys, is Hone is Maori for John, and Jack is "familiar" for John, so I was being funny and saying "Jack's as good as his Master" which, once, was a watchword here in Egalitarian New Zealand. . . . Good jokes don't need explaining, I guess. )

:lol:

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:56 am

I pick up more interesting vocabulary lurking around the forums...

And Yeah! Thunt missed me with the mass ban! There are advantages to being a lurker! :ninja:

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:15 am

Daaawww! Just saw the lastest Twitter update! That's sweet! :) Thunt, maybe you should offer a Fumbles Plushie.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: Twitter tweets (now: the banhammer is busy!)

Post by WearsHats » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:40 am

Wait... Thunt, are you saying I'm not important enough to ban? You don't care about me enough to notice? :(

Well, I guess you did once ban me from your Ustream channel. That's something. But then you went and banned yourself from it. Because you quoted your own comic. So I'm not sure my ban even counts there anymore.

RocketScientist? Thunt won't ban me. :'(
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:59 am

Well if I am banned, then I plan to sue for damages! (seriously, why has this not happened yet in the overly-letigious world we live in?)

I was a bit harsh in my parabolic metphorous syllogistic similitudistic analogizing. So for that I apologize.

If some one is being an ass, I feel it is my right (and even responsibility as a former intelligence analyst) to point it out. I will try very hard to do so in a more matter-of-fact manner next time.

How is this?
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:01 am

WearsHats, I think you need to call someone a buttmuncher first, that will probably do the trick!

Heh, buttmuncher :P
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

Benbo231
Of Few Words

Post by Benbo231 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:26 am

Munches Butts? Well, the GAP does seem like it could use a wizard...

Tofu
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: Tofu

Post by Tofu » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:30 am

Look, in all seriousness, that Is the most fame I am ever going to recieve, so I should just go on and get myself self-banned, cos it's only going to go downhere from here.

In other news, who is up for some creative re-writes of old pages? Assuming we don't get all spoken at nastily by patent holders n stuff?

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:06 am

Tofu wrote:In other news, who is up for some creative re-writes of old pages? Assuming we don't get all spoken at nastily by patent holders n stuff?
We used to have a thread like that. Take a panel or so out of context and redo the word balloons to come up with something more... interesting. That was fun. :)
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:13 am

Some of those were down-right WRONG.... in all the right ways :D
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

lingrem
Former Mod

Re: Twitter tweets (now: THunt's back to the forum.)

Post by lingrem » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:26 am

Thunt wrote: But lingrem, Krulle, Liesmith, SGTdude, Tofu, SeeAMoose... you're all banned. Seriously. Get out. :x
Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffttttttttttttttttt. I DEFY REALITY. And thus can't be banned. Because I'm awesome. And Canadian. And I have been surviving a horribly long winter and it's STILL not ending, so thus if I am banned it is solely out of being so isolated that I cannot access anywhere. I have unbanned myself!!

CooksACarrot wrote: As a Canadian, I think of myself as British too, it is just a little more complicated.
As a Canadian, I fully believe that we should be able to move back and forth between England at will - and all the other Commonwealth countries. If we're going to have the Queen on our money, we should get SOME benefit from it!!
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Twitter tweets (now: THunt's back to the forum.)

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:30 am

lingrem wrote:As a Canadian, I fully believe that we should be able to move back and forth between England at will - and all the other Commonwealth countries.

Ooooo! Like teleportation?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:52 am

You know, with the last tweets from Thunt, I'm not sure if he's trying to talk himself into or out of posting his blog. Hey, Thunt! No pressure! Just tell us what you want us to know, when you're ready! Just seeing you back on the forums has been good.

Xavier78
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Xavier78 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:53 am

Thunt wrote:
Xavier78 wrote:If this was a business offline and Thunt talked to a customer like that, he would lose business, no matter who started it. Everyone can try and justify it all the want, Thunt was in the wrong and will lose "customers" for that behaviour. This IS his job. He of all people should be above such behavior. "Treat people how they treat you" is not the way things work in a business whether you like it or not. Banning that guy was the right thing to do. Stooping to his level was what was wrong. Honestly at this point, this entire thread should be deleted and no further discussion of this whole ordeal should be allowed. The longer it's here, the worse the "trolling" and bickering will go on.
While I agree that my pre-ban post was immature, I disagree with you comparing that person to a customer. I actually talk a bit about this in my unposted blog. There is a point when someone stops being a customer and starts being an enemy (if you'll forgive the theatrical wording). But let's go with the customer comparison anyway...

I need to treat my 'customers' with respect. Absolutely. Yes. So when he came into my place of business over and over, and insulted my other 'customers' again and again, doesn't that respect demand that I do something in defence of those other 'customers'? Isn't it disrespectful to ALL the other 'customers' in here to simple shrug my shoulders and ban him without a word regarding those he's attacked? To those people I depend on for my livelihood and online companionship? Sure, a more mature public response could have been made that would still demonstrate how much I respect the others in here, I agree. But to quietly ban him? No, screw that.
You are correct. I never looked at it that way. My apologies Thunt.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:51 am

Xavier78 wrote:You are correct. I never looked at it that way. My apologies Thunt.
How dare you be so... so... reasonable?!

Banned!

Someone had to say it. I just got there first!

► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:58 am

WearsHats wrote:
Xavier78 wrote:You are correct. I never looked at it that way. My apologies Thunt.
How dare you be so... so... reasonable?!

Banned!

Someone had to say it. I just got there first!
You dare ninja me?

B-A-N_FOR_LIFE!
-Best regards LAYF

Jural
Whispers Softly

Post by Jural » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:25 am

My thoughts (nobody asked, I know!)

1- I'm glad Thunt is up and about again! I'm kinda surprised I care, or that reading/supporting a webcomic has evoked real world emotions where I was checking the forums and page rather regularly. There are some weeks I wouldn't check in situ (and often would have the pleasure of 2+ comics waiting!)

2- I am totally in favor of the ban. Immature, maybe. Cathartic? Hopefully. Certainly vicariously cathartic for me.

3- I have started composition of an essay regarding the dynamic between web comic artist and fans. I'm not sure there are other historical examples which really match. Customer, patron, simple appreciator, friend, fan (enemy)... The dynamic seems to be different. The social obligations maybe haven't been well defined, so the expectations (from the artist and community) don't always align. Just fascinating to me.

Pjerrot
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Pjerrot » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:41 am

Lurks_In_Shadows wrote:You know, with the last tweets from Thunt, I'm not sure if he's trying to talk himself into or out of posting his blog. Hey, Thunt! No pressure! Just tell us what you want us to know, when you're ready! Just seeing you back on the forums has been good.
What? Danielle has dared him to post it April 1. Who can resist that?

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:10 pm

She didn't dare him though?

But it does make me wonder how many people would seriously think it was an April Fool's joke. Hmm.
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:24 pm

Plausible deniability? :? :paranoia:

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:30 pm

Here is a thought:

Since some of us are otherwise title-less, what if those suffering from Tarols wrath (i.e. lingrem, Krulle, Liesmith, SGTdude, Tofu, SeeAMoose) get a new title (kind of like the new adventurers) and get labeled something like Goblins Rock Banned? Or maybe like Banhammer Victim.

Seriously though, is my bandom forthcoming? If so I would like to exercise the right to face my accuser. In person. At like a webcomic author's convention or something, or he can just fly to North Carolina. Im flexible. :D
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Twitter tweets (when will the blog be posted?)

Post by Krulle » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:15 pm

@Thunt_Goblins wrote:ME: "Honey, I think the blog looks semi-coherent and I've found a good balance between not saying enough and giving too much information."
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:ME: "Also, I 'think' I'm prepared to face whatever reaction, good or bad, the readers might have."
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:HER: "Are you prepared to spend the next 2 weeks trying to convince everyone that is ISN'T an April Fool's joke?" ME: "Huh? ...FUUUUUUUUU-!"
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Argh Blargle
Mumbles Incoherently

Re: Twitter tweets (now: blog post=april fools?)

Post by Argh Blargle » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:19 pm

Well, after much and long lurking, I had to register to prove that the best way to avoid a mass-banning is to get in late :lol:

And very glad to see Thunt posting again ( comic can wait mate ).

Oh and not Canadian o:)
Tofu wrote:...
Riddle me this then ..

Quebecois is to Canada as is What to British?
Surely you mean Scotland ( since we're the ones most likely to ... leave :P )
Last edited by Argh Blargle on Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.