Twitter: [now] new colourist, again.

Discuss the comic here!
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: Twitter: [now] 14 years GoblinsComic!

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:58 am

Since the writer of this comic has made her announcement recently, this is definitely on topic and you are welcome to talk about it in here as well, but the place where more general discussion about all things transgender is supposed to happen would be here.
(You have to have a certain amount of posts to get access to this forum, it just eludes me currently how many.)

This is just a friendly pointer, in case you didn't know about it, NOT a request to stop talking about Elli and her journey here.
Have a lovely day. :)
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:37 am

Tofu wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:16 pm Thirdly, is it horrible to admit that it's not a case of flicking a switch inside, and that it takes a bit of time to process? Does that make me a bad person or a transphobe?
Based on 2nd, I'd guess not! I'm speaking from an outside perspective, but I doubt that it is a flick of the switch for most trans folk either. If it takes you time to get someone's pronouns right, and re-adjust how you think of them, as long as you're making the effort, you'll get there. It's when people obstinately go out of their way to use old names and pronouns that they fall into the bad person camp...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:47 am

Ellipsis wrote:It's okay to feel uncomfortable with trans people. You didn't decide to feel uncomfortable anymore than I decided to be trans. It's what we do with our feelings, that matters here. If you feel uncomfortable about someone being trans, this is how to handled it. Thank you. ❤️
kaiyamin wrote:You know, yeah, my religious beliefs make me a little uncomfortable with it, but I absolutely know it doesn't change the things I've always loved about you: your love for Danielle, or the obviously profound heart and mind behind this incredible comic. I wish you the best, Ell.
There's another one where she said that it's going to take time for everyone to adjust. She's been at it every day this year and is still adjusting. It doesn't make you a bad person. It's a big change. It takes time. And most of us were raised in a transphobic culture. Having inherited some transphobic bias doesn't make you a bad person. Seeing that bias, questioning it, and working to move past it makes you a better person.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Tofu
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: Tofu

Post by Tofu » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:42 am

The older twitter account is no longer available.
The new twitter account is here : https://twitter.com/EllipsisGoblins

May we please have a new twitter account thread, and lock/archive the previous? Pretty please? With cream and sprinkles and little smoking/sparking remnants of the Axe of Prissan?

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:39 am

Whoops.
Changed the link in post one, but otherwise I agree.
This old thread has survived far beyond its intentional use..
It should also be unstickied.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:55 am

Krulle wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:39 am Whoops.
Changed the link in post one, but otherwise I agree.
This old thread has survived far beyond its intentional use..
It should also be unstickied.
Done.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:45 am

Digging this back up, since this is the place to relay important information for those who don't read Twitter.

Today is Elli's birthday! :confetti: :confetti: :confetti:

However, today also marks the day that, as she's said a few times on Twitter, it is no longer acceptable to her to use her old "dead names." Tarol, Hunt, and Thunt are all in the past. She's Elli Stephens now, and will be using that name both personally and professionally. The old names are part of a chapter of her life that's closed now. Please respect that.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

Gift Fastidious
Whispers Softly

Post by Gift Fastidious » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:16 pm

I guess any time soon would thus be ideal for editing the titles/descriptions of subfora in the Goblins Discussion section?

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose
UStream Username: See_a_Moose

Post by SeeAMoose » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:58 pm

I have no idea what you mean* ;)
Seriously though, thanks for mentioning it, I've been swamped with RL stuff and hadn't noticed it.
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:28 pm

Spoilerish twitter posts.

Open on your own risk!
► Show Spoiler

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by redfeather » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:12 am

Krulle wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:28 pm Spoilerish twitter posts.

Open on your own risk!
► Show Spoiler
Ugh. I stopped reading Questionable Content because of exactly this being done. Granted Goblins is a little more interesting, but still, combine that with the technical issues the website is giving me, and I think I might finally be done.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:47 am

I don't actually know how much the plot will change because of a new non-binary character....

Big Ears surviving the Battle of Brassmoon City may have had more impact, as a new character migt just be a sidekick running along and not forwarding the plot, whereas Big Ears owning the Axe of Prissan seems to be rather plot-important.

And yeah, QC lost me then. I still found it interesting, page for page, seeing Marten cope astonishingly well with (what was her name again?), but the plot over the werk became lost. So during a cleanup it got thrown out....
Sorry, a small rant:
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:30 pm

► Show Spoiler

jeffh4
Remains Silent

Post by jeffh4 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:13 pm

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:59 pm

Ellipsis_Goblins wrote: Awhile ago, I said that a Goblins announcement was coming up. Well... as you can see from the panel here, I've returned to colouring/shading the comic. I've discovered that not being able to do this part of it, was killing a lot of my passion for creating.
20200605_205757.jpg
I was churning out pages slower and slower, because without being able to do the colouring/shading, it felt less like creating and more like work. Since taking back the full process of creating, I've rediscovered my excitement for drawing. The next page will be up this Monday. 💗
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Twitter: [now] new colourist, again.

Post by Krulle » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:22 pm

Good for her.

I can imagine it being hard to give your baby out of your hands for someone else to deliver it...
[url="https://twitter.com/EllipsisGoblins/status/1269326933658988549 wrote:@EllipsisGoblins[/url]"] I woke up this morning and for the first time in ages, instead of thinking "I'll just play some video games before I start work", I rushed down stairs and couldn't wait to get back to this page. Apparently, I need to be monogamous with my work, and I can't really share it.
Good, good. Sounds like we might be getting more due to higher motivation.
I hope for her it'll work out right, and that she doesn't feel overpressured to produce more.

Sorry to jeffh, I saw the post, and liked the art. Yes, it does remind me of someone.... Thanks for sharing. Sorry for not replying.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:36 am

It seems like Elli is, um, not totally consistent with her workflow. First, she only did inks and her wife did flat colours. Then she employed Forrest/Morikahn for shading, then she decided to take over shading herself after the workload got to Morikahn , then she got Cheyenne Wright to do it, and now she's decided to apparently do all the inking, colouring, and shading. We'll be reading the comic in the future, and be like "Yeah you can tell this was Cheyenne era..."

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:34 am

Glemp wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:36 am It seems like Elli is, um, not totally consistent with her workflow. First, she only did inks and her wife did flat colours. Then she employed Forrest/Morikahn for shading, then she decided to take over shading herself after the workload got to Morikahn , then she got Cheyenne Wright to do it, and now she's decided to apparently do all the inking, colouring, and shading. We'll be reading the comic in the future, and be like "Yeah you can tell this was Cheyenne era..."
So what, it's her product, and I'm fine with that.
But since it's her "baby", I can understand it being hard if someone else does the finishing touches.
She needs the last touches to be done by herself, and that's fine for me.
Even if that means less pages.

She was strongly urged to try a colourist to increase her output, which caused problems, and was the start of a steep, slippery slope towards a burn-out. We don't want that to happen again.
She needs to be comfortable with her work, her workflow, and the product that appears with her name as creator.