Twitter: [now] Character sizes (for Goblins Animated)

Discuss the comic here!
RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Re: Twitter: [now] Parchment vote!

Post by RocketScientist » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:22 am

I think Parchment looks fine the way he is. But Tarol's never going to be happy with the 2D version. Tarol not happy with his art = Tarol keeps redrawing it forever = longer time between comics. So I voted for 3D.
Image Image Image

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:20 pm

I tried to, but cannot find a button to change my vote. Sorry.
The Bowst, Idle, Ward, and Forgath stoyline is about to be wrapped up! Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards
This user has been banned.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:02 am

I'm no longer on Twitter, but IMO readers are always going to have to do a certain amount of interpretation on their end to figure out what characters really look like. Like I've only ever seen goblins' front or back, rarely their sides, so I have to figure out for myself what shape their heads are - the same for when BE's head ends and his ears begin. To that end, just knowing Parchment is a cute paper dragon is enough to get me to imagine their "real" appearance.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:19 am

redfeather wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:59 am
I can't access Twitter, so if someone who has the ability to vote but doesn't care to wants to weigh in, my vote would be for the 2D look. I don't know why Tarol thinks it looks bad; I think the entire point of Kin having a pseudodragon is lost if it's just a normal white shoulder dragon, whereas one that's made of living origami is totally unique and fascinating to me.
I don't have twitter, and I'm assuming it's too late to vote now anyway, but I do prefer the 2D version as well. If Parchment becomes 3D, how would he have fit through that crack just a couple of pages ago, in order to get the attention of MM and the goblins?

But I'm also fine with the idea that Parchment can "refold" themselves as needed, according to the situation or whatever. I think that should have to take them some time, though, so Parchment shouldn't be able to instantly switch between 2D and 3D.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Isle of Starlight!
Hunters of Letrua: Loki "Boarstrangler" - Obsidian portal page
► Show Spoiler

tinkleskirl
Remains Silent
UStream Username: KDONM

Re: Twitter tweets (currently: guessing tears, Goblins video

Post by tinkleskirl » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:50 pm

LAYF wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:02 am
well.... the vidio is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GX3KfjO ... e=youtu.be
Thanks for the link.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Twitter: [now] Kore reference sheet

Post by Krulle » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:58 am

Just to keep the image somewhat accessible/findable:
https://twitter.com/Thunt_Goblins/status/1058967776675557383 wrote:I've been working on a complete reference sheet for Kore. I cannot believe how long this is taking. Every object connected to him needs to be specifically laid out so animators know what he's supposed to look like. I'm also trying to simplify his look. Ug.
The Bowst, Idle, Ward, and Forgath stoyline is about to be wrapped up! Goblinscomic transcriptions

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Twitter: [now] Character sizes

Post by Krulle » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:46 am

@Thunt_Goblins wrote:These are simplified versions of the characters that are just vague guidelines for the animation design team to consider. Although there's a good chance that a few of their heights may be slightly adjusted for the animation, this is the official character heights for the comicImage
The spelling error in Minmax's speech has already been pointed out on Twitter.
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:And yes, Kore is huge.
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:You may notice little inconsistencies, like Big Ears missing his Prissan symbols on his armour, or the fact that Minmax didn't have that outfit when he'd gotten his purple eye. These are not changes that will be seen in the series. Think of these as temporary, simplified icons.
Hmm, to me it seems the size difference is not fully reflected on this page.
Size Forgath/Size Kore on page: 12mm/14mm = 0,85714
Size Forgath/Size Kore in tweet: 39mm/52mm = 0,75
(measured with ruler on screen, disregarding shield of Kore)

So, either Kore is too small on the bridge, or Forgath too large, or there's a perspective influence which is not signalled on the page.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Re: Twitter: [now] Character sizes (for Goblins Animated)

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:27 am

I see no discrepancy, Forgath is up to Kore's shoulder in both images. The same can't be said for Kin confirmed for keeping low to the ground to hide her tail and Forgath's time on Minmax's back.

Edit: Minmax caught a bad case of blob-toes from stomping on the hands of South Park residents.
"I miss good ol' Jar Jar."
— aurilee