- Scratch that-
I'm posting here:
http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=370

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Re: Coloring delay

Post by RocketScientist » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:54 pm

BuildsLegos wrote:I only repeated myself in response to others;
And others make negative comments about the shading in every thread where Forest posts.
BuildsLegos wrote:my original intent was to say it just once
And here is my question. Why? What did you expect to accomplish by criticizing? And even more so, what do the people who always feel the need to announce that they don't like the shading at all/very much expect to accomplish? No need to actually answer, but it's something all of the people involved might want to contemplate.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:05 pm

I was under the impression that my intent (to give helpful advice) was obvious, especially at first.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:19 pm

Most people don't look fondly on unsolicited advice.

morikahn
The Former Colorist

Post by morikahn » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:37 pm

I think my point has been made. You guys got a topic now to post whatever you want to say about my coloring, whenever and for whatever page. Lets just drop it here.

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:01 am

BuildsLegos wrote:I only repeated myself in response to others; my original intent was to say it just once and it kinda got out of hand. As for only pleasing Thunt, there's no doubt he'll make the older pages a higher priority eventually even if it's a year from now.
Older pages, huh? I wonder... will the original b/w pages be shaded, also in b/w? While I'm not sure if those should ever be colorized (brings back bad memories of Ted Turner's fascination with colorizing old b/w movies) -- on the other hand, a b/w shading could look very cool! So I'm genuinely curious - are there plans for those oldest pages?

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:12 am

Didn't Thunt wanted to redraw that pages?

extrabigmehdi
Of Few Words

Post by extrabigmehdi » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:39 am

gamecreator wrote:Didn't Thunt wanted to redraw that pages?
Is it true ? that would be so great !

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:11 am

From what I have heard, Thunt really likes his old art, and won't redraw the pages, or have Forest shade them. I like that. It give me a chance to see how his drawing style has improved.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:22 am

It seems you are right (according to the author note at the beginning of the comic). Now if I only could remember where and about what comic I heard what I thought...

morikahn
The Former Colorist

Post by morikahn » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:34 pm

No..

I think you guys are missing my point. I don't mind you guys criticizing me, I mind you guys using every topic in which I'm involved as an opportunity to criticize me. I made a topic for that, use it.

I'm simply tired of having to defend myself, or watch others defend me, every time I touch this forum.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:53 pm

Ok guys, I moved the off-topic replies to the correct thread - the one where comments good or bad on morikhan's coloring is supposed to go.

Please, please, please.... keep the commentary there as he's asked you to.

Thank you
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Orzahn
Likes Puppies
UStream Username: Orzahn

Post by Orzahn » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:49 pm

SamWiser wrote:From what I have heard, Thunt really likes his old art, and won't redraw the pages, or have Forest shade them. I like that. It give me a chance to see how his drawing style has improved.

While I really like the way Thunt has improved over time, Thunt himself has stated numerous times in the life chat that he Abolutly HATES his old work, weird arms, goofy head, squiggly ears. I don't think he's going to redraw it any time soon though.
If he does, better get a dead tree version containing the original old art before the redraw after the comic is finished.
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Jake: Hit it.

mortissimus
Speaks Quietly

Post by mortissimus » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:40 pm

morikahn wrote:No..

I think you guys are missing my point. I don't mind you guys criticizing me, I mind you guys using every topic in which I'm involved as an opportunity to criticize me. I made a topic for that, use it.

I'm simply tired of having to defend myself, or watch others defend me, every time I touch this forum.
It appears that I was the one that derailed the thread with my comment about the zombies. Sorry about that. Do love those pages, though, but will write about it at the right place instead.