April - 12 2013 Wasting Time

Discuss the comic here!
Lee
Pipes Up Sometimes

Re: April - 12 2013 Wasting Time

Post by Lee » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:55 am

CelineSSauve wrote:
RocketScientist wrote:
CelineSSauve wrote: I suppose I'll have to agree to disagree on your second statement there, Tofu. :roll:

Constructive criticism is always useful.
As long as by "useful" you mean that it pisses off the shading artist. He's been pretty clear about the fact that the only person he wants input from is Thunt. Most recently here.
I had not seen that post until you linked to it.

That's fine then, I won't offer any feedback to the shading, one way or the other. If you don't want comments, you also don't want praise.
His point wasn't that he didn't want feedback, it was that everytime he posts in any topic about anything he immediately gets bombarded with replies about his awful (which I personally like) shading. Which completely derails that thread, for example: This Thread right now!

And now to get back on topic:
SamWiser wrote:Maybe that was just his super-nimble dwarven fingers. What? You're saying that dwarves don't have super-nimble fingers? Why does Minmax hang out with him anyway. :P

In reality, there are 2 panels where we don't see Forgath while he is picking up the keys, so he might have picked up one, put it in his other hand, and then picked up the others. Maybe not, I don't know.
That makes much more sense then what I was picturing in my head which was him scooping them all up at once. Because if I were Forgath (Lee-gath) that move would have resulted in spilling the healing potion all over the floor slipping in said healing potion and cracking my skull open becoming (probably) the first person ever to be killed by healing potion.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:58 am

I'm imagining that death in my mind right now, and I can't stop laughing. I know that it is one of Thunt's deaths, and I should be crying and cursing his name, but I can't stop laughing. I want to become a gm just so I can put kill somebody with healing potion.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:05 am

SamWiser wrote:I'm imagining that death in my mind right now, and I can't stop laughing. I know that it is one of Thunt's deaths, and I should be crying and cursing his name, but I can't stop laughing. I want to become a gm just so I can put kill somebody with healing potion.
You could dam the river to create a lake, then chain someone to a block and throw them in to drown. Granted, by RAW, they wouldn't ever die, but we all know 3.5's drowning rules are no good anyway, so the chances are that any instituted fix would ensure healing potion doesn't prevent dying from lack of air.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.