The New Site Ads

Discuss the comic here!
Groo_the_Wanderer
Mutters to Themself

The New Site Ads

Post by Groo_the_Wanderer » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:40 pm

Hey there.

Is it just me or is anyone else getting ads off the site that have audio with the video?

This is new as far as I can tell and it's not good IMHO. Only had it happen twice today but that still is enough that it has me considering re-adding the site to my advertising blocker.

Anyone else seeing this or am I just that lucky?

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: The New Site Ads

Post by WearsHats » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:57 pm

IIRC, Thunt has a standing policy of not allowing ads with sound. I haven't gotten any, but if you are, let him know.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:53 am

I did too.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

EvilCoatrack
Game Master
UStream Username: EvilCoatrack

Post by EvilCoatrack » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:38 am

I have not run into any with sound, but I have been getting hideous ads like the one below when browsing on my tablet:

mnementh
Former Mod

Post by mnementh » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:41 pm

Yeah, you may want to look into your "free" apps. Many of them will hijack your browser and inject their own ad content; some take advantage of existing Java or Flash code on the page to do so.

Another of the joys of switching from iPwn to Android. >:-P

mnem
I REALLY hope VeriSuck goes open-platform soon...

EvilCoatrack
Game Master
UStream Username: EvilCoatrack

Post by EvilCoatrack » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:07 am

mnementh wrote:Yeah, you may want to look into your "free" apps. Many of them will hijack your browser and inject their own ad content; some take advantage of existing Java or Flash code on the page to do so.

Another of the joys of switching from iPwn to Android. >:-P

mnem
I REALLY hope VeriSuck goes open-platform soon...
I am very anti-app - I've probably only installed five or six free apps since I got the tablet in November.

These particular popups on the bottom of the screen ONLY show up on Blind Ferret sites. I notice them often on Goblins, and visited LICD.com yesterday to flip through their archive. Sure enough, the same "Scroogled" ad and a couple others using the same dimensions and low resolution popped up there too.