Apr - 9 - 2013 - How many faces is that?

Discuss the comic here!
Generic
Converses Frequently

Re: Apr - 9 - 2013 - How many faces is that?

Post by Generic » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:47 am

I think it's time for Minmax to kick the bucket. No, really. What else is there to gain from this battle between him and everything else? Some new scars? A frantic struggle from Forgath and Kin to get him up again? But then again, we have not seen them do anything of the sorts. Hence, Minmax has to go, and Kin has to deal with the loss of her not-love. Min-maxes player rolls up a new, less obnoxious character, and Forgaths player gets some more room around the gametable. Everyone is happy. After all, that is what happens to dnd-characters when they go cowboy. And even more so when they botch the riddles.

Sidenote:
Am I the only one who pictured this scene? Forgath and Kin going back to the treasure room only to be ambushed by the three Kins from the hallway.

"You really expected the rock you put over that hole to keep us from coming after you?"
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:46 am

spiderwrangler wrote: beholder, gauth, carrion crawler, displacer beast, githyanki, githzerai, kuo-toa, mind flayer, slaad, umber hulk, yuan-ti
gamecreator wrote:I have seen bigger list here
beholder, gauth, carrion crawler, tanarÔÇÖri, baatezu, displacer beast, githyanki, githzerai, mind flayer, illithid, umber hulk, yuan-ti.
So add tanariri, baatezu, illithid, and drop kuo-toa and slaad? Guess it is bigger by 1, but owlbear still is cleared.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rorrik
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Rorrik » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:09 am

ThroughTheWell wrote:OTOH, I think there is a bit too much action between the 2nd to last and 3rd to last panel. I have to add in my mind that MM is twisting while kind of almost prone. In the last few panels, he twists 180 degrees, from his back to upright, chopping off an arm (with little swing) and blocking a blade. Talk about doing your yoga, situps, crunches, etc. Seems... superhuman to me. Of course str 22 (before rage) IS superhuman, so okay. Just don't expect an actor to redo the scene; I think we are in CGI territory.
He's lying on his back the whole time until he leaps up to engage the head lining Minmax. I don't see a twist. The crunches are a valid point.

I think it's way cool that Climbs Trees seems to have been cut off the line before reaching the top of the tower.

That crunched Forgath helmet is still ominous. I put my money on whoever crunched it coming into play in the next strip.

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:11 am

Like others, this is a beautifully drawn scene. And like others, I find I get confused at times of what is happening and all...

It is too bad we don't have a commentator (like the sports guys on TV) that could give us a play-by-play of the action... :)

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:15 am

Oh, right. I was confused. Thanks, guys. :)

axe11154
Mutters to Themself

Post by axe11154 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:20 pm

any one elce notice many head kin is not wearing a loin cloth over her under part. shes not using a head to cover the area ether
I am a goblin, Just a little fat is all.

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:24 pm

I don't think that if you have 5 heads, anybody going to stare at your crotch :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:03 pm

Not to mention that we're not entirely certain she has anything but scales there. Dellyn did say he raped her, but maybe it was...well, kinds of rape that don't require genitals.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:06 pm

is that still rape ?
wouldn't that be assault ??

I should probably ask this in controversy

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:09 pm

Yes, please do. There's already a thread about rape culture there....

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:14 pm

You mean to tell me that you NEVER noticed that our Kin -most of them, for that matter- has never worn anything below the waist? In Minimax's own words, she is "Ms. I've-Never-Worn-Pant-or-Shoes-in-My-Life".
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:15 pm

! Message from: LooksAtYouFunny
Yes. As has been mentioned, please keep the talk civilized.
This part of the forum is not hidden and do not require login, therefore is available to all, please keep that in mind.

-Best Regards- LAYF-
-Best regards LAYF

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:26 pm

...Wait, was that directed at me? What did I say wrong?
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:29 pm

askstoomuch wrote:is that still rape ?
wouldn't that be assault ??

I should probably ask this in controversy
I was banned from controversy for suggesting that some actions aren't severe enough to count as rape, so I would suggest it's probably not a good idea for you to say such a thing there either. People are extremely touchy on this subject, it seems, and cannot handle very much discussion of it...the board's name is a trifle misleading in that respect.
BuildsLegos wrote:...Wait, was that directed at me? What did I say wrong?
I don't think so, I believe it was just a general "play nice, children" kind of message.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:37 pm

BuildsLegos wrote:...Wait, was that directed at me? What did I say wrong?
No not at all... As willpell says. It was a general message.
I believe in taking things before they become a problem, and as such will try and tell people before they get out of line, not after.

No one IS currently out of line. but we are dancing on an edge that I'd not like to see crossed.

BuildLegos, Your post was fine and had nothing wrong in it what so ever, my post simply was not done before yours. so it might seem so, for that I apology.

-Best- LAYF-
-Best regards LAYF

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:39 pm

so euhm yeah so yeah maby and stuff yeah

so euhm yeah, I hope ninja -max survives I like him

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:58 pm

Offcause you want Ninja-max to live... He is ninja after all ;)

Or... knowing DnD i guess he is monk.... Damn... now i dont like him any more (Monk calss... hate it :S)
-Best regards LAYF

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:16 pm

There is a Ninja class in Complete Adventurer...and while it's not exactly strong, it's certainly better than Monk, getting the same WIS to AC bonus (which is about all the monk has going for it, aside from a few feats), but being allowed to use weapons and having several minor but neat abilities.
My long-neglected blog.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:25 pm

willpell wrote:I was banned from controversy for suggesting that some actions aren't severe enough to count as rape,
Really, willpell? That's seriously what you took away from the long conversations with multiple mods about your unacceptable behavior in the Controversy section? If that's seriously what you think happened, then I'm sorry that none of us are apparently able to explain to you what you did wrong. I don't want to get into it here, partly because it's OT, and partly because I can't think of yet another way to try and to explain it to you. But let me assure you that's not why you were banned. :(

Asks (spoilered for possible trigger content):
► Show Spoiler

Lady Dawn
Whispers Softly

Post by Lady Dawn » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:32 pm

We know there is a suspicion about huge detonations when Kin's collar is being broken or something.
Dunno about the leash but somehow they never touched that part either. It would have been easier to cut off so no one would be able to grab it.

Well.... The leash of Facekin is being cut in panel 5 so we might find out something about that part.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:49 pm

You know, that's a good point. I wonder what would happen if they did try and cut off the leash. I hope we do find out.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: CelineSSauve

Post by CelineSSauve » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:39 pm

Lady Dawn wrote:Well.... The leash of Facekin is being cut in panel 5 so we might find out something about that part.
Hmm... Well, I'm going to argue that we see the arm cut, but not the leash itself, so maybe it was missed?

If so, though, I'd call "shenanigans" on anyone Raging and still having that much control on their swings.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:28 pm

Assuming it was intentional, of course. Maybe Minmax just got incredibly lucky and didn't blow himself up along with everyone attacking.
My long-neglected blog.

Alarikun
Of Few Words

Post by Alarikun » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:53 pm

Hmm, interesting to note that Complains of Names (in head form) still took that Barbarian Level. Was he captured (and beheaded) after escaping the attack on the warcamp? Or did he choose to take the Barbarian level after he was beheaded (can he do that?).

In all seriousness though, things are definitely not looking good. I do not foresee Forgath or Kin coming to the rescue here... at least not directly. They could unlock the door and escape, hoping it teleports their Minmax out with them... the question is, would it?

And another curiosity... what does Psimax think of all of this? I mean, he is likely watching for any inevitable variable-changes for his oblivion plot... and to see Group #156 come in from above (unlike any previous run)... that really has to throw things off. Will he intervene in the fight? Will he get killed for doing so? (though inevitably, he would take down many of the other groups before falling. He's a frickin' Psion).

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:06 am

We don't see leash being cut or anything that would imply so.