Feb 22, 2013 - That's mine!

Discuss the comic here!
Rooks
Speaks Quietly

Re: Feb 22, 2013 - That's mine!

Post by Rooks » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:10 pm

morikahn wrote:Color updated. I tried to keep it simple and light hearted.
Coloring looks damn good as always, sir. Well done.

SccrD25
Likes to Contribute

Post by SccrD25 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:11 pm

RedwoodElf wrote:
I still think you should make that into a full fledged webcomic, even as a "Short"
One day I really need to. It would take a lot of work and I'd have to rewrite a lot to make it accessible to people that weren't playing the D&D campaign, but yeah, that needs to happen.

thanks for the encouragement :D

Coloring in very nice, as always
At some point I should really come up with a clever signature

YggazTheFool
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by YggazTheFool » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:39 pm

Long time lurker, first time prophesizer.

I'm gonna go with the wild option of guessing that the blue circle will teleport all or some of the inhabitants of the MoM to the famous "tower room" for a good old fashioned battle royal for the right to exit. Presumably the group to enter the blue ring is given some advantage, as promised in the text above the treasure room door: "shall be victorious". The victors to leave the MoM using the red circle would then be the victors of the battle royal.

Other option, as has been hinted earlier in the thread, is that the tower room is a meeting point for most of the realities, perhaps for the key to treasure room. But since our FMK managed to avoid that, by cheating their way through the ceiling, the battle royal we see in the sneak peak panel will be ended before a victory can be achieved by the resetting of the MoM when our brave heroes leave the dungeon.
A lord might come, he will kill some, others he will beat and that will be neat.

Rorrik
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Rorrik » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:33 pm

YggazTheFool wrote:Long time lurker, first time prophesizer.

I'm gonna go with the wild option of guessing that the blue circle will teleport all or some of the inhabitants of the MoM to the famous "tower room" for a good old fashioned battle royal for the right to exit. Presumably the group to enter the blue ring is given some advantage, as promised in the text above the treasure room door: "shall be victorious". The victors to leave the MoM using the red circle would then be the victors of the battle royal.

Other option, as has been hinted earlier in the thread, is that the tower room is a meeting point for most of the realities, perhaps for the key to treasure room. But since our FMK managed to avoid that, by cheating their way through the ceiling, the battle royal we see in the sneak peak panel will be ended before a victory can be achieved by the resetting of the MoM when our brave heroes leave the dungeon.
As much as I just want to get out of the maze of many (which isn't to say it wasn't cool, it's just that once we leave we get to see the goblins again), that sounds like a really cool twist. I guess I could live with it if that happened.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:36 pm

I'm not seeing any difference. Has the recoloured version been uploaded yet?

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:57 pm

Yes, you have to hit refresh to see it.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:11 pm

Gah! I thought that was just for people with their old tabs still open!

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:19 pm

YggazTheFool wrote:Other option, as has been hinted earlier in the thread, is that the tower room is a meeting point for most of the realities, perhaps for the key to treasure room. But since our FMK managed to avoid that, by cheating their way through the ceiling, the battle royal we see in the sneak peak panel will be ended before a victory can be achieved by the resetting of the MoM when our brave heroes leave the dungeon.
The way I see it, they see the fight taking place, they wait for the victor to emerge tired and beat down, then beat THEM down for the key and the escape.

Perhaps the red-helmed reality is the victor, and our FMK have to smash 'em.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:18 pm

I feel kind of stupid. I went to the comic, saw that it looked different, but never made the connection that the coloring was finished. I just thought that Thunt had made some changes to it or something. Still, really good job as always.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

mnementh
Former Mod

Post by mnementh » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:56 pm

Coloring is most excellent, both this and the previous page. Thanks, as always.

mnem
I can taste purple.

Daughter Of Yahweh
Whispers Softly

Post by Daughter Of Yahweh » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:30 am

Mnem, what does purple taste like?

ActsStupidly
Mumbles Incoherently
UStream Username: ActsStupidly

Post by ActsStupidly » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:26 am

What I want to see is when Psimax figures out that they've screwed with his expected timeline and flips out about all the unexpected variables he has to recalculate. I bet at that point he'd just grab the party that he had expected to win this iteration and restart it by throwing them into the treasure room using the key he knows where to find.

Hippo
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Hippo » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:54 am

Does that mean that potentially PsiMax has already whizzed through to the Key and currently has it secreted away somewhere? Also what would happen if the key "found it's way" into an Oblivion Hole?
I'm hungry, but i'm not hungry hungry...

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:43 am

I suppose this one felt like a break compared to the last few -- what with 6 nearly identical frames not needing much...? :lol: But still, it looks great, as usual. :cheer:

Rorrik
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Rorrik » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:41 pm

Glemp wrote:Gah! I thought that was just for people with their old tabs still open!
How is that even possible? I can't think of a way to code it (without a ton of trouble) so a refresh makes it different than getting there normally.

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:40 pm

Somebody should have explained to Minmax that that was clearly not going to work.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:44 am

Rorrik wrote:
Glemp wrote:Gah! I thought that was just for people with their old tabs still open!
How is that even possible? I can't think of a way to code it (without a ton of trouble) so a refresh makes it different than getting there normally.
Previously, I thought that the recoloured image replaced the old one, so opening a new tab of Goblins would show the new one and you would only need to refresh if you had a tab open from before the update.

morikahn
The Former Colorist

Post by morikahn » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:53 am

I don't know if this is really an issue, but Tarol could just name the new colored file differently than the old. There would be no cached imaged therefore the browser would download and display the new image. Maybe I'll suggest that.

Garfazz
Remains Silent

Post by Garfazz » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:28 pm

Clearly Minmax needs even more awesome gear.

:P

Vreejack
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Vreejack » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:05 pm

If he does get in, then he and Forgath split everything but the teapot and the cups that go with it.

Unless there is some sort of trick involved, or they get interrupted.

Or Minmax does something stupid, like using the teapot to wish himself elsewhere.

Typo note, "Looks" is misspelled in panel four.

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:27 pm

Vreejack wrote:Typo note, "Looks" is misspelled in panel four.
May I have an explanation on this? What does corrent correct version look like?
Last edited by gamecreator on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Personal Rapture
Remains Silent

Post by Personal Rapture » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:16 pm

gamecreator wrote:
Vreejack wrote:Typo note, "Looks" is misspelled in panel four.
May I have an explanation on this? What does corrent version look like?
I think it originally had an apostrophe (look's), but it has since been corrected. :)

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:30 pm

SccrD25 wrote:
RedwoodElf wrote:
I still think you should make that into a full fledged webcomic, even as a "Short"
One day I really need to. It would take a lot of work and I'd have to rewrite a lot to make it accessible to people that weren't playing the D&D campaign, but yeah, that needs to happen.

A shame we probably lost all the neat brainstorming PMs...heh
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

Rorrik
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Rorrik » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:18 am

Glemp wrote:
Rorrik wrote:
Previously, I thought that the recoloured image replaced the old one, so opening a new tab of Goblins would show the new one and you would only need to refresh if you had a tab open from before the update.
What I mean is how is it possible for it to be coded in such a way for you to be wrong. It might be doable, but it seems like extra work. I would have assumed the refresh was only needed to open tabs. The cached image theory would make it possible for it to happen by accident.

SccrD25
Likes to Contribute

Post by SccrD25 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:16 pm

RedwoodElf wrote:
SccrD25 wrote:
RedwoodElf wrote:

A shame we probably lost all the neat brainstorming PMs...heh
Yeah unfortunately I had never thought to back any of that up
At some point I should really come up with a clever signature