Feb 22, 2013 - That's mine!

Discuss the comic here!
Fen
Mumbles Incoherently

Re: Feb 22, 2013 - That's mine!

Post by Fen » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:50 am

wrecan wrote:Nobody guesses Grinnoceren's name and Grinnoceren never escapes the Maze of Many, so each iteration, Grinnoceren, like everyone else, has to repeat the Maze.
I wonder if that wasn't NameMax's first run through the maze. I would think that having a demon would offer a pretty big advantage, so I can't really see him losing multiple times (unless it was just a matter of someone else getting to the end first).

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:55 am

RedwoodElf wrote:I'm betting there's a catch to the treasure...like maybe each party member can only pick one item...or the whole party can only pick one item.
Hmmm, reminds me of Aladdin -- perhaps they had better only pick up the Jade Teapot?

mnementh
Former Mod

Post by mnementh » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:02 am

stevedj wrote:
RedwoodElf wrote:I'm betting there's a catch to the treasure...like maybe each party member can only pick one item...or the whole party can only pick one item.
Hmmm, reminds me of Aladdin -- perhaps they had better only pick up the Jade Teapot?
I dunno... in the grand scheme of things, I find it highly unlikely that the Jade Teapot IS the intended "Goal" of this "dungeon"; it predates the loss of the Jade Teapot, as it was lost inside by some members of Kin's clan. The MoM was not built around it; I dunno where that idea got started.

I think it merely serves as an alternate means of exiting the MoM, not as an ultimate goal except maybe to Kin, and there, definitely a personal goal, nothing more.

mnem
Tea?

wrecan
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by wrecan » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:35 am

Fen wrote:
wrecan wrote:Nobody guesses Grinnoceren's name and Grinnoceren never escapes the Maze of Many, so each iteration, Grinnoceren, like everyone else, has to repeat the Maze.
I wonder if that wasn't NameMax's first run through the maze. I would think that having a demon would offer a pretty big advantage, so I can't really see him losing multiple times (unless it was just a matter of someone else getting to the end first).
Doubt it. Psimax had to run through the maze hundreds of times to account for all the variables. If this is NameMax' first time it would be a new variable.

SccrD25
Likes to Contribute

Post by SccrD25 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:51 am

Fen, your avatar is perfect!
At some point I should really come up with a clever signature

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:47 am

mnementh wrote:
stevedj wrote:
I dunno... in the grand scheme of things, I find it highly unlikely that the Jade Teapot IS the intended "Goal" of this "dungeon"; it predates the loss of the Jade Teapot, as it was lost inside by some members of Kin's clan. The MoM was not built around it; I dunno where that idea got started.

I think it merely serves as an alternate means of exiting the MoM, not as an ultimate goal except maybe to Kin, and there, definitely a personal goal, nothing more.

mnem
Tea?
Then let me rephrase that -- they (the team from each reality) should only pick up the one item they sought when they entered the MoM. The similarity to Aladdin is even more eerie -- there were three of them in the movie (Aladdin, the monkey, and the carpet) and any one of them could have triggered the "INFIDELS!!!" trap!

I know, I know -- we won't really know until we see the strips. But I like this prediction, ok? :thumbsup:

Fen
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Fen » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:52 pm

SccrD25 wrote:Fen, your avatar is perfect!
Thanks! I like yours, as well as the story behind it (odd that I still remember it, too...)

Mytical
Mutters to Themself

Post by Mytical » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:59 pm

Ok..maybe I am seeing things, but it looks like Forgath (spelling) stuck his finger in the keyhole*. If so, since there was no 'clink' of a key falling out, this invalidates the key in the keyhole theory. Even if invisible, his finger would have still came in contact and not been able to go through without pushing said key out of the keyhole. Also, not ordinary glass, as a charging Minmax with full armor on would have busted through easily, not bounced off without a scratch. Like many, however, I believe there is one final trap..but I do not think it is the statue or the pools. I believe it is the circles. Something is nagging at the back of my head about the way this is phrased..but I just don't know what.

*In panel 4 it looks like either forgath or MM put their finger in the keyhole...*shrugs*

Rorrik
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Rorrik » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:14 pm

SccrD25 wrote: Not sure but I would guess that using the holes is what stopped that from happening. In theory they would have run into GuessMax and Not-Walter regardless. (devils advocate: but maybe Psymax holding them up caused them to be the ones to meet up against the demon, maybe without his interference the 3 Kins would actually meet him first). regardless, the holes are the first thing that's actually different. Kin explains it better than I. http://www.goblinscomic.com/12212012/

Of course do we even know what the tower room was?

Seconded on Invisi-key.
Kin says that the oblivion holes are the only new thing. I think she's wrong about that. Psymax told us why the holes exist: Kin is in love with Minmax. If that is the case, then her love could be why she stopped the demon killing Minmax, assuming that is the tower room. It is also entirely possible that they avoided the tower room completely using the oblivion holes.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:07 pm

Thunt gave us a sneek peak of the tower room on twitter. Trust me, we haven't seen it, and so far it looks awesome.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Changes_everything
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Changes_everything » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:23 am

SamWiser wrote:Thunt gave us a sneek peak of the tower room on twitter. Trust me, we haven't seen it, and so far it looks awesome.
Got a link to that picture please?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:35 am

boneguard
Of Few Words

Post by boneguard » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:53 am

I can just see Minmax claiming everything for himself by the only appropriate way in the world: By Licking them and stating ''Mine!''
You can keep your precious reality, I got a kingdom to save from a horde of savage orcs and then go and do this wetjob for Mr. Johnson.

wrecan
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by wrecan » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:47 am

Oh well. There goes my theory... and I thought it was a good one too. :(

Hippo
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Hippo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:58 am

Those Tower room pics remind me of *mild spoiler* The Tower of Hades from the first God Of War game. oh how i hated that....
I'm hungry, but i'm not hungry hungry...

Rorrik
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Rorrik » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:58 am

SamWiser wrote:Thunt gave us a sneek peak of the tower room on twitter. Trust me, we haven't seen it, and so far it looks awesome.
Dang, and that almost guarantees that they go back, so we can see the tower room in full color.

SccrD25
Likes to Contribute

Post by SccrD25 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:00 am

Fen wrote:
Thanks! I like yours, as well as the story behind it (odd that I still remember it, too...)
now that made me grin :D
At some point I should really come up with a clever signature

Changes_everything
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Changes_everything » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:54 am

thinkslogically wrote:Sneak peek of the Tower Room:

Version 1: http://pinterest.com/pin/404198135276493082/
Version 2: http://pinterest.com/pin/404198135276501317/
Thank you! :thumbsup:

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:51 am

I need to pay more attention to Twitter. Wow.

wrecan
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by wrecan » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:05 pm

You know, I don't see our Forgath, Kin or Min-Max in the tower room illo. Couldn't it just be a splash page of some sort? Maybe they backtrack, see the entrance ot the tower room and back away.

(Doubtful, I know)

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:09 pm

Rorrik wrote:
Dang, and that almost guarantees that they go back, so we can see the tower room in full color.
Are we sure they will go all the way back to the Tower Room (the place where they've been told they will die)? Perhaps this is just another one of those scenes of what is happening elsewhere in the MoM (you know, kinda like was shown here...??)

morikahn
The Former Colorist

Post by morikahn » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:21 pm

Color updated. I tried to keep it simple and light hearted.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:31 pm

http://www.goblinscomic.com/02222013/

For posterity... or lazy people ;)
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:55 pm

SccrD25 wrote:
Fen wrote:
now that made me grin :D
I still think you should make that into a full fledged webcomic, even as a "Short"
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:59 pm

morikahn wrote:Color updated. I tried to keep it simple and light hearted.
It works. I like it.