April 2, 2013: Altsplatnations 4!

Discuss the comic here!
T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: TrexWithTourettes

Re: Altsplatnations 4!

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:51 pm

DrinksTooMuchCoffee wrote: Or how about microscopic cats that live in the follicles of your eyelashes and come out at night to eat, poop, and reproduce on your face before retreating back into the follicles?
I seemed to have missed this the first time I read through the responses :laugh:

And, sure, there's all kinds of hideous mites on your face, but I think it goes along with facts like that most peanut butter jars and bars of chocolate have something like 4-6 insect legs/other parts in them. Sure, it's gross at first, but 5 minutes later you're eating a Reese's cup and trying to ignore the smell of cat urine that's been on your friend's face for a few days.
I am high in fructose.

Daughter Of Yahweh
Whispers Softly

Post by Daughter Of Yahweh » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:25 pm

When I read about Reality 131 all I could think of was this...

CATSSSS!!!! Coming this SUMMERRRR!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr_p7Tfl ... 6Zf2pndElw

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:38 pm

It isn't clear to me -- that statement about Dwarf beards in reality 51... about the length of time it takes to grow beards... is that something unique to 51? Or is that a standard defnition we have for Dwarves in general?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:48 pm

T-RexWithTourettes wrote:...How many cats would you have to kill to get anywhere as an adventurer? I'd imagine most dungeon treks are painfully boring, leveling up being equally agonizingly slow...
If there are tiny microscopic cats, there are probably cats that are much larger than standard... providing a higher challenge, and more XP.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Alvarin
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: Alvarin__

Post by Alvarin » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:31 pm

Lions and such are cats that worth some XP.
Oh, and think about how pouncy the katgaroos are.

kijihir
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by kijihir » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:50 pm

Or you could just float away from them all on your wonderful Catamaran.
(Sorry, I simply could not resist the opportunity for a hair-a-ball pun. [Get it? Like horrible? Oh, wow, I need sleep.])

SpeaksManyLanguages
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: dbg_

Post by SpeaksManyLanguages » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:48 pm

FUN!
Updated the list, left old notes on WizMax reality, because there were some minor stuff not in the today's official story.
I'm not sure i want to update the cat-reality image because, while super-shading is cool, it pretty much hides any understanding of how Thunt originally coloured them ._.

FUN and CATS!

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:57 am

Imagine how dungeon builders must accomodate to cats setting off traps and killing monsters.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: CelineSSauve

Post by CelineSSauve » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:36 am

lingrem wrote:I really like that Forgirl took Kin under her wing. I thought that was a really sweet touch to that reality. Although with Forgirl is travelling with Wizmax is beyond me!
I agree that was sweet. As for the second: They met in a bar. :meh: :paranoia: :roll:
gamecreator wrote:Imagine how dungeon builders must accomodate to cats setting off traps and killing monsters.
You mean cats killing cats with traps? :P

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:20 am

CelineSSauve wrote:You mean cats killing cats with traps? :P
I think cats are not suited for being dungeon monsters. Except, maybe, cat pits.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:02 am

gamecreator wrote:
CelineSSauve wrote:You mean cats killing cats with traps? :P
I think cats are not suited for being dungeon monsters. Except, maybe, cat pits.
*dies laughing* Oh, I really do have to give that game a spin someday!

Cedh
Remains Silent

Post by Cedh » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:11 am

kijihir wrote:Certainly, it is. As anyone who's ever looked at a personal item with a microscope will know, here there be MONSTERS. But at least they aren't cats.
So does that mean we're all super cool super monsters, since we casually go through life with these horrifying things on our faces without even noticing them?

I can live with that.

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Re: April 2, 2013: Altsplatnations 4!

Post by askstoomuch » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:13 am

wait are girly forgath and dumb kin still alive, I can't seem to find them on any of the recent updates
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:58 am

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:03 am

spiderwrangler wrote:Speaking of cats... http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db ... 2932#comic
*snickerfits*

Oh, and http://www.mewgenics.com/ is hopefully going to be out eventually... You'll have to Google it to get any information, though, that site is just a placeholder. *sighs*

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:54 am

CelineSSauve wrote:You'll have to Google it to get any information
Here.

Rorrik
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Rorrik » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:06 am

askstoomuch wrote:wait are girly forgath and dumb kin still alive, I can't seem to find them on any of the recent updates
They didn't seem to be in the tower room brawl, and wizmax was there. It's probable the arrogant jerk left them behind.

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:13 am

Alvarin wrote:Lions and such are cats that worth some XP.
Oh, and think about how pouncy the katgaroos are.
Oh, I think Thunt could do better than THAT...remember issue 50 of Dragon magazine where they adapted These Cats to a DND setting?

http://aliens.wikia.com/wiki/Kzinti

The article's description of the arrival of the Kzinti in the AD&D world:

Several hundred years ago, there lived a magician of such extraordinarly powers that he had partial control of several gods. As is typical of magicians of extraordinary powers, he wanted to rule the world. He commanded the gods to deliver to him intelligent monsters that could help him conquor the world. The Gods wanted to deliver them in such a way as to kill the magician. They were Tired of being ordered around.

The specs he listed fit Kzinti pretty well. The gods bargained with other gods, who in turn dickered with other, more outlandish gods, who then dealt with truly bizzare alien gods, who, in return for godly favors, delivered a hundred square miles of the planet Kzin, complete with Flora, Fauna, two hundred feet of dirt and rock, and five thousand puzzle Kzinti.

The wizard survived the sky falling on him, but lost most of his troops and magic items. The Kzinti were looking for and found the wizard. Three thousand Kzinti died before the wizard, who after all had extraordinary powers, was rent into bite-sized morsels. Score one for Kzinti recklessness.
Last edited by RedwoodElf on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:20 am

Rorrik wrote:
askstoomuch wrote:wait are girly forgath and dumb kin still alive, I can't seem to find them on any of the recent updates
They didn't seem to be in the tower room brawl, and wizmax was there. It's probable the arrogant jerk left them behind.
That's my guess. I he might have even left them in the first room. Maybe he has some sort of teleportation spell that would bring them to him should he have made it to the treasure room? :shrug:

kijihir
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by kijihir » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:10 pm

Well, they did say that Charisma was his worst statistic. Perhaps they died off and WizMax simply doesn't care.

Vreejack
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Vreejack » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:39 pm

Technically it is binary ASCII (American Standard Code...), which is odd if you think about it too much. He could have also used Baudot code, which uses only five bits per character. As for the ASCII, I see "49 20 41 4D 20 47 52 45 41 54," which does translate as "I AM GREAT" in all caps. I wonder what he makes of the codes for miniscule letters.

DrinksTooMuchCoffee
Indulges in Conversation

Post by DrinksTooMuchCoffee » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:09 pm

Vreejack wrote:Technically it is binary ASCII (American Standard Code...), ...
Which means he's from a reality where there is an America.

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:35 pm

Vreejack wrote:Technically it is binary ASCII (American Standard Code...), which is odd if you think about it too much. He could have also used Baudot code, which uses only five bits per character. As for the ASCII, I see "49 20 41 4D 20 47 52 45 41 54," which does translate as "I AM GREAT" in all caps. I wonder what he makes of the codes for miniscule letters.
Actually, I'm pretty sure it's WSCII (Wizard Standard Code for Information Interchange) which sounds a lot like the favorite beverage of booze guzzling wizards everywhere...
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

Godot
Remains Silent

Post by Godot » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:20 am

ASCII huh? I wonder how often they use the @ and $ symbol.

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:09 am

Didn't know where else to put this...

But I really hope we get explanations of Ruby's, Saphire's and Onyx's universes.
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!