April 2, 2013: Altsplatnations 4!

Discuss the comic here!
Crimson Char
Mutters to Themself

Re: April 2, 2013: Altsplatnations 4!

Post by Crimson Char » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:01 am

Corruptuser wrote:As someone who plays Dwarf Fortress, I can attest that yes, it is possible for the entire world to be cats. Seriously, spay and neuter your pets, or your fortress will produce more kittens than your butchers, tanners, leatherworkers, cooks, and bonecarvers can handle.
I think it caps out at 50, actually. But once you hit that soft limit, it only prevents further pregnancies, so all your pregnant cats give birth anyway, showering you in kittens.

No, I think I am not worried about cats anymore. I am worried about my tamed cave crocodiles eggs not being collected by my overworked dwarves, giving us a clutch of 20-70 cave crocodile hatchlings...

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Crimson Char wrote:-SNIP-
No, I think I am not worried about cats anymore. I am worried about my tamed cave crocodiles eggs not being collected by my overworked dwarves, giving us a clutch of 20-70 cave crocodile hatchlings... -SNIP-
Please note that this thread is made for Altsplanations 4. While cat talk is relevant. Dwarf fortress by it self is a bit dereailing...
-Best regards LAYF

Poncheis
Remains Silent

Post by Poncheis » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:56 pm

LooksAtYouFunny wrote:
No, I think I am not worried about cats anymore. I am worried about my tamed cave crocodiles eggs not being collected by my overworked dwarves, giving us a clutch of 20-70 cave crocodile hatchlings... -SNIP-
Please note that this thread is made for Altsplanations 4. While cat talk is relevant. Dwarf fortress by it self is a bit dereailing...
surely you're someone enraged with dwarf fortress because it's too hard for some people

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: CelineSSauve

Post by CelineSSauve » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:02 pm

Poncheis wrote:
LooksAtYouFunny wrote:
surely you're someone enraged with dwarf fortress because it's too hard for some people
They're also a mod for conversations. Though if someone could point us to a spot on the forums where there could be a Dwarf Fortress conversation, I would be glad to find it.

I have tried to get into the game once or twice, but I would probably have more interest if I could discuss my experiences with other players. :shrug:

As for cats, my two are not going to see this page. And I may not be reading it outloud in the dead tree version either. ;)

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:15 pm

Poncheis wrote:-SNIP-

I Am in no way enraged with the game, In fact I love it.

BUT!

[mod="LooksAtYouFunny"]This is not a Dwarf fortress discussion, but a Comic discussion! Derailing a common conversation is not considered polite, nor is it to call out the way you have now chosen. If you do wish to have a talk about Dwarf fortress, you are welcome to do so in the communities. found Here

But do not derail this thread, and do not take assumptions just because a slight correction is made[/mod]
CelineSSauve wrote:
Poncheis wrote:
They're also a mod for conversations. Though if someone could point us to a spot on the forums where there could be a Dwarf Fortress conversation, I would be glad to find it.

I have tried to get into the game once or twice, but I would probably have more interest if I could discuss my experiences with other players. :shrug:

As for cats, my two are not going to see this page. And I may not be reading it outloud in the dead tree version either. ;)
Yes. Thanks that you noted.
IÔÇÖm currently not aware of a Dwarf fortress Thread, but the Comunities forum is a place where such talk is more than welcome, and you may make a thread for it there if you wish so.

Best regards - LAYF -
-Best regards LAYF

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: CelineSSauve

Post by CelineSSauve » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:38 pm

LooksAtYouFunny wrote:the Comunities forum is a place where such talk is more than welcome, and you may make a thread for it there if you wish so.

Best regards - LAYF -
Ah, okay. Thanks!
Last edited by LAYF on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edidet my own mistake so as not to confuse others.

TinSoldier
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: TinSoldier6

Post by TinSoldier » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:42 pm

Communities is a good place to discuss non-Goblins-comic-related activities among forum members. Books, movies, art, other webcomics, and of course, games.

If you find that your discussion relates less and less to the comic, it's a good idea to start a thread there.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:01 pm

TinSoldier wrote:Communities is a good place to discuss non-Goblins-comic-related activities among forum members. Books, movies, art, other webcomics, and of course, games.

If you find that your discussion relates less and less to the comic, it's a good idea to start a thread there.
Thanks Tinsoldier.. much better formulated than I did...

Now, back on topic.

WizMax, I find him wastly intresting, mostly because I have played a character like him once (the only time I power gamed actuealy... I dont find it fun normaly, but this game called for it)

In diffrence from our Minmax, hee seems to be way more arrogant, and much more "Apart" from his groupe... I'd love to see him in more action... but im afraied we wont... :(
-Best regards LAYF

Svafnir
Remains Silent

Post by Svafnir » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:23 pm

Of course, the simplest reason why we haven't seen him down on the floor since the initial big melee is that he chose the wiser part of valor and turned himself invisible. :)

Raviollius
Remains Silent

Post by Raviollius » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:02 am

Not like discussing cats isn't an awesome topic by itself, but:
A spark of fury thrown onto a sense of moral high-ground is the second best method to make good people do bad things.
Am I the only one curious about what is the best method for that?

Zwums
Of Few Words

Post by Zwums » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:51 am

Raviollius wrote:Am I the only one curious about what is the best method for that?
A gold piece says that it's using magic to force them.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:54 am

Raviollius wrote:Not like discussing cats isn't an awesome topic by itself, but:
A spark of fury thrown onto a sense of moral high-ground is the second best method to make good people do bad things.
Fear, I suppose.

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:40 am

Glemp wrote:
Raviollius wrote:Not like discussing cats isn't an awesome topic by itself, but:
Fear, I suppose.
The correct answer is "Propaganda" I do believe.

How do you ensure that the populace is all Healthy? Why you kill off all the cripples and those with mental defects of course! It's a mercy to end their suffering, after all, and they're no longer a drain on society! That's how it started in Germany in the 30s...and how the "Progressives" want to do it now, using laws like Obamacare...you can't make your own decisions, and your Doctor won't either...a Bureaucrat in Washington DC will decide if that life-saving operation is cost-effective, or if you should just take a pain pill.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:27 am

I was thinking it was religion. You'll never find a better way to get people to pass laws restricting civil rights and abolishing bodily sovereignty than with religion.

[mod="RocketScientist"]And we're done discussing this subject now, since it's veering into Controversy. Continue it there, if you like. Thank you.[/mod]