March 26 2013: Altsplanations 3

Discuss the comic here!
SccrD25
Likes to Contribute

Re: March 26 2013: Altsplanations 3

Post by SccrD25 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:39 am

Rorrik wrote:Any ideas on what a head can do for you without it's body?
:Eyebrows:
At some point I should really come up with a clever signature

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:37 am

Reality 3 raises a very interesting question about the whole operation of the Maze of Many. For, it would seem to me that such a power that could allow heads to survive body-less, would be more than just something within the heads?? I'm thinking it would require some magical change/force applied to the entire reality.

In which case, a piece of that magic/force must be maintained within the Maze of Many -- else, here in the maze the heads would die... and fairly quickly upon entering (and upon each reset).

The Maze of Many is truly a wonderous, powerful, incomprehensible place we may never fully understand... :D

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: CelineSSauve

Post by CelineSSauve » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:49 am

stevedj wrote:Reality 3 raises a very interesting question about the whole operation of the Maze of Many. For, it would seem to me that such a power that could allow heads to survive body-less, would be more than just something within the heads?? I'm thinking it would require some magical change/force applied to the entire reality.

In which case, a piece of that magic/force must be maintained within the Maze of Many -- else, here in the maze the heads would die... and fairly quickly upon entering (and upon each reset).

The Maze of Many is truly a wonderous, powerful, incomprehensible place we may never fully understand... :D
I don't think it's that hard to imagine that if a place were to hold multiple realities at once, it would maintain the rules of each of those realities in place, at least for those realities. So those three likely couldn't die from beheading, but they'd be terribly surprised to find that beheading their alternates kills them. :stab:

Marnath
Is Heard Often

Post by Marnath » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:25 am

Xavier78 wrote:Umm seeing Kin naked is not something I ever want to see. She's part snake, eww. I would hope Thunt wouldn't stoop that low any how. This comic is plenty "adult" and good enough without boobs.
Fan service isn't the only possible reason to make a topless female character you know. Maybe he would have originally liked that Kin to be from one of the many cultures where no one wears shirts. Nudity is not all that big a deal in places outside the U.S.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:27 am

I'm calling it now: Big Ears will be a bra, with each ear covering a nipple.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:36 am

What I suspect for a long time is that the Maze of Many creates collective mindscape, where everything happens. Thus resurrections and memory loss.

As for reality 3, what happens to body? Does it die from hunger? What will happen to respective head with body dead or destroyed?

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:19 am

What do you think happens to a lost limb? I'm sure it's the same deal: the body can't receive instructions from the brain; only lay still until it's eaten, re-attached (within a few hours), or decomposes.

Daughter Of Yahweh
Whispers Softly

Post by Daughter Of Yahweh » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:35 am

Well, I'd like to think the body remains alive and functioning, since by rule of that reality, you can't "die" by decapitation.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:38 pm

I want the Goblins Omnibus. That is what I got from this update.

Want.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:26 pm

nightarix wrote:i think that would depend on weather(not sure if that's the right spelling for this context...).
Depends on how cold it is.... ;)
Xavier78 wrote:Umm seeing Kin naked is not something I ever want to see. She's part snake, eww. I would hope Thunt wouldn't stoop that low any how. This comic is plenty "adult" and good enough without boobs.
You've already seen her snakey parts naked, the only thing left to see would be the top. Snake genital openings are very close to the tip of the tail, and don't look like much....
► Show Spoiler
She may even have been putting her snakey bits on Scoripkin's boobs... http://www.goblinscomic.com/09132011/
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:22 pm

Xavier78 wrote:Umm seeing Kin naked is not something I ever want to see. She's part snake, eww.
For some people, that's a feature, not a bug.
Generic wrote:I think we're set in the boobies apartment. What I am wondering is when we're going to see more of Min-Maxes purple worm.
Please no. That was vomit-inducing enough the first time it was mentioned....
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Rorrik
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Rorrik » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:45 pm

SccrD25 wrote:
Rorrik wrote:Any ideas on what a head can do for you without it's body?
:Eyebrows:
Yea, okay, I thought of that one. But anything seriously valuable?

LordsBreed
Whispers Softly
UStream Username: LordsBreed

Post by LordsBreed » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:07 pm

All I got out of this was that I could see Kin's naked breasts in reality 20.

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:09 pm

Daughter Of Yahweh wrote:Well, I'd like to think the body remains alive and functioning, since by rule of that reality, you can't "die" by decapitation.
Depends of what "die" means. If head remains alive and body dies, person will still be alive.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:11 pm

Rorrik wrote:But anything seriously valuable?
My first thought would be either Knowledge skills or, if they had the Still Caster Feat (I think that's what it's called), as a source of spells.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:41 pm

gamecreator wrote:
Daughter Of Yahweh wrote:Well, I'd like to think the body remains alive and functioning, since by rule of that reality, you can't "die" by decapitation.
Depends of what "die" means. If head remains alive and body dies, person will still be alive.
Thank you; that's exactly what I'm thinking. Also, confirmed.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:15 pm

BuildsLegos wrote:Also, confirmed.
Considering their "source" for #4 is dated April 1, 1995, I wouldn't exactly consider cracked.com a reliable source. :lol:

Orzahn
Likes Puppies
UStream Username: Orzahn

Post by Orzahn » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:28 pm

I Would love to play in the head univers. I mean, things like knowledge skills, extra spot and search checks (at a penalty) a source of feedback, awesome adventures where the severed heads try to corrupt you, an emperor on a throne made of the heads of his most trying enemies which are now forced and coerced into giving him tactical advise and such. damn that would be creepy and awesome.
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Jake: Hit it.

ForgetsOldName
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: TwoCoo

Post by ForgetsOldName » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:47 pm

Orzahn wrote:I Would love to play in the head univers. I mean, things like knowledge skills, extra spot and search checks (at a penalty) a source of feedback, awesome adventures where the severed heads try to corrupt you, an emperor on a throne made of the heads of his most trying enemies which are now forced and coerced into giving him tactical advise and such. damn that would be creepy and awesome.
Wyrms, by Orson Scott Card. Of course a lot of people are less than thrilled with Card these days, but the ick you seek is in this book.
The old name was Twocoo. The avatar is the scariest thing in Wizardry I, circa 1981.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:55 pm

CelineSSauve wrote:Considering their "source" for #4 is dated April 1, 1995, I wouldn't exactly consider cracked.com a reliable source. :lol:
I never said they were perfect, but comedy is a consistently more reliable source of the truth than journalism.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:10 pm

I assumed at first that #3 (ha!) was what you were talking about, until I scrolled down to #1. That was a very head-centric page.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:42 pm

willpell wrote:
I assumed at first that #3 (ha!) was what you were talking about, until I scrolled down to #1. That was a very head-centric page.
I thought the same thing until you just pointed that out. Yikes. :paranoia:

SccrD25
Likes to Contribute

Post by SccrD25 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:38 am

CelineSSauve wrote:
Rorrik wrote:But anything seriously valuable?
My first thought would be either Knowledge skills or, if they had the Still Caster Feat (I think that's what it's called), as a source of spells.
Yeah, Still Spell. It only costs you one spell slot higher than the spells normal cost. Any caster could be extremely useful.

I would get a Medusa head and go all Perseus on everyone

What happens in that world with stuff that regenerates? Would beheading a troll give you two trolls?
At some point I should really come up with a clever signature

Miryafa
Whispers Softly
UStream Username: Miryafa

Post by Miryafa » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:46 am

I get the impression from reading this comic that this is our NSFW notice, but I hope not. I would prefer not to see nudity, and something as simple as a spoiler tag over the comic that has nudity with a NSFW note would be welcome.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:49 am

Miryafa wrote:I get the impression from reading this comic that this is our NSFW notice, but I hope not. I would prefer not to see nudity, and something as simple as a spoiler tag over the comic that has nudity with a NSFW note would be welcome.
With the story so far, I always default Goblins to not Work Safe, personally...