March 24 2013 Update: Solo Round

Discuss the comic here!
Orzahn
Likes Puppies
UStream Username: Orzahn

Re: March 24 2013 Update: Solo Round

Post by Orzahn » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:13 am

I think o too, I also think he had no idea the fanbase would start to pay this much attention to small details like that.
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Jake: Hit it.

Mytical
Mutters to Themself

Post by Mytical » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:38 am

:lol: I love how giantgath sees what happened to the MM facing our MM, and apparently decides he wants to be elsewhere. Or at least that is how it seems. :lol:

Yes, I know that klickmax grabbed him, but the look on his face, and how he 'retreated' was just so awesome when seen in connection to the fight in front of him.

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: Liesmith

Post by Liesmith » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:32 am

This is the beginning of Forgath's Prophecy: Minmax, flush with Solo XPs for defeating everyone everywhere, will be two full levels above Forgath. Being Minmax, he will constantly make fun of his fuzzy friend for this disparity. Minmax's love for XP will fuel Forgath's hate for Kin (because she'll keep supplying Minmax with progressively epic burns to use on the adwarfable little guy). Forgath, in a fit of rage, will challenge Kin to a dance-off, unaware that the collar doesn't inhibit her inherent funk abilities. In the end, Forgath will be served so hard in the competition, that he'll never recover. Thirty years later, he gets into a drunken brawl with another dwarf (Sir Notappearinginthiscomic) and gets stabbed through the heart with his own boot.
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed."
► Show Spoiler

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:51 am

Liesmith wrote:Forgath, in a fit of rage, will challenge Kin to a dance-off, unaware that the collar doesn't inhibit her inherent funk abilities.
But she has no right feet....
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Seadee
Remains Silent

Post by Seadee » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:52 am

Daughter Of Yahweh wrote:To anyone still confused about how Minmax moved in this update, I made a graphic. The fact is, and I know this is a criticism to Thunt, but I mean it in the most constructive way, the last two panels look awkward. They put Minmax in two extreme, if cool, positions in fast succession. I'm not surprised that it does look like he completely twisted his torso silly within the space of one move. See attatchment to get my drift.

EDIT;
Upon further inspection, I realized that even following my logical sequence of movements, the last panel is still problematic. If Minmax pivoted like I believe he did, his feet are still technically placed wrong after his swing. He should be MUCH CLOSER to Scarmax, pretty much in front of him.

unless he jumped to get the extra power needed .. like and uppercut with a sword?

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:59 am

boneguard wrote:[
I don't think it's going to be a problem anytime soon.

What Kin confirm was that Minmax lack of understanding on how oblivious works makes the sword stronger and that IF he were to understand how it work it would make it weaker.

In this case here Minmax is learning how to use Oblisious. He still has no clue How it work though.
I would, as a player, be really annoyed with Herbert for that ruling. If you turn someones characters weakness to a strength, they'll quickly become Max-Max. In my book, if you dump one stat, you'll suffer for it somehow. Good thing this is not a real player group then, huh? :)
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:18 am

willpell wrote:
Liesmith wrote:Forgath, in a fit of rage, will challenge Kin to a dance-off, unaware that the collar doesn't inhibit her inherent funk abilities.
But she has no right feet....
She has no left feet either (that would be outright creepy).

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:28 am

Daughter Of Yahweh wrote:I'm really sorry, Tarol. You're probably looking at this topic and face palming.
► Show Spoiler
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Changes_everything
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Changes_everything » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:20 am

Orzahn wrote:I think o too, I also think he had no idea the fanbase would start to pay this much attention to small details like that.
Eh, that has been the case for years now, he's actually expecting us to do just that, and he's sometimes even toying with this fact.

brnforce
Speaks Quietly

Post by brnforce » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:38 am

I feel a little bad for ScarMax. His dimension is horrible for him and now he gets split like a dried log. Lose/lose

raaabr
Likes to Contribute

Post by raaabr » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:20 am

Just realized that perhaps the reason HulkMax only has 1 M on his plaque could be his size; he's not exactly "min"/"mini", is he? He's only "Max". :lol:

Or maybe that was just a reason to tell a really bad pun :D
Sometimes I get the feeling that If I was a goblin I would be called "Chews scenery". I have no idea why people might think that!

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:26 am

brnforce wrote:I feel a little bad for ScarMax. His dimension is horrible for him and now he gets split like a dried log. Lose/lose
I had the same thought. Fortunately he'll get better (or rather, have never gotten worse).
My long-neglected blog.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:53 am

Liesmith wrote:This is the beginning of Forgath's Prophecy: Minmax, flush with Solo XPs for defeating everyone everywhere, will be two full levels above Forgath. Being Minmax, he will constantly make fun of his fuzzy friend for this disparity. Minmax's love for XP will fuel Forgath's hate for Kin (because she'll keep supplying Minmax with progressively epic burns to use on the adwarfable little guy). Forgath, in a fit of rage, will challenge Kin to a dance-off, unaware that the collar doesn't inhibit her inherent funk abilities. In the end, Forgath will be served so hard in the competition, that he'll never recover. Thirty years later, he gets into a drunken brawl with another dwarf (Sir Notappearinginthiscomic) and gets stabbed through the heart with his own boot.
I was going to ignore the hacking, but for this, you die! :fume:

j/k

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:26 am

Orzahn wrote:I think o too, I also think he had no idea the fanbase would start to pay this much attention to small details like that.
And yet interestingly, here it is all the way to page 5 of comments before someone (ok, me :roll: ) points out this little detail:

In frame 1 and frame 4, ScarMax's belt buckle bears the familiar inscription "I AM GREAT". Yet, in frames 2 and 3, it is blank. Oops!

hypothetical
Mumbles Incoherently
UStream Username: Hypothetical

Post by hypothetical » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:29 am

If panel 4 was ever to come up in a courtroom, would MinMax be charged with murder, or with successfully committing suicide?
I think I may be thinking, therefore I may possibly be being.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:32 am

Why limit it to that page? The paradox applies to every event that the Maze of Many has ever hosted.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:48 am

The character on the far left creeps me out... looks like a metal golem wearing Kin's face like a freakin' ski mask.... :shock:
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Delta Oak
Remains Silent

Post by Delta Oak » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:24 pm

raaabr wrote: And apparently, in the last panel, Minmax missed the (ogre? i'm not really sure what he is) Minmax or oblivious deflected off of his skin. Without any wounds at all.
Alt-Klik socked him in the jaw. Notice his punching fist.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:29 pm

Even if I misunderstood Minimax's movements on this page the way so many people are doing, I'd still be more bothered by how Tentacle-Forgath inexplicably disappeared from below pink-sword Minmax and reappeared atop Max's back only to be thrown off.
Last edited by BuildsLegos on Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Marnath
Is Heard Often

Post by Marnath » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:41 pm

raaabr wrote:Just realized that perhaps the reason HulkMax only has 1 M on his plaque could be his size; he's not exactly "min"/"mini", is he? He's only "Max". :lol:

Or maybe that was just a reason to tell a really bad pun :D
Someone already beat you to that joke.

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: Liesmith

Post by Liesmith » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:02 pm

RocketScientist wrote: I was going to ignore the hacking, but for this, you die! :fume:
What are you talking about? That was some dude named Liesmith. I'm Truthy McGuffin. :paranoia:
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed."
► Show Spoiler

Rorrik
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Rorrik » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:19 am

BuildsLegos wrote:Even if I misunderstood Minimax's movements on this page the way so many people are doing, I'd still be bothered by how Tentacle-Forgath inexplicably disappeared from below pink-sword Minmax and reappeared atop Max's back only to be thrown off.
I don't know if he appears atop Max's back, if I had to explain the series of events, I'd say he passed pink sword Minmax while he killed red-horn Forgath, but was thrown off by Max. He's not on top of Max, he's flying through the air as Max throws him backwards. At least that seems to explain it.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:22 pm

Liesmith wrote:
RocketScientist wrote: I was going to ignore the hacking, but for this, you die! :fume:
What are you talking about? That was some dude named Liesmith. I'm Truthy McGuffin. :paranoia:
So it's a DOUBLE hacking!! :x :P

ActsStupidly
Mumbles Incoherently
UStream Username: ActsStupidly

Post by ActsStupidly » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:20 pm

nightarix wrote:
CelineSSauve wrote:
nightarix wrote:btw does anyone else think the pink kin in panel 4 looks odd for some reason?
*dies* I had not noticed her "bare bottom" as it were. :lol:

I'm still not 100% sure what she should look like, though, as the last battle update still has her colours inverted between the first and second panels.
could just be thunt hasn't noticed it on either page and will soon correct it, then everyone coming here after will be all "wth are you guys talking about?"
edit:... i'm going to assume this has already been commented on but i just noticed the red and blue flame effects are gone.
The effects are part of the touch up the colorist Thunt hired does. Thunt just does everything else.

Also, ABSOLUTLY FREAKING AWESOME! That WAS a crit, no buts, it totally was! Double damage FTW and probably death by Massive Damage at that. :cheer: Absolutely love that rule! Makes combat oh so deadly when you have someone with an insane STR bonus like MinMax's.

morikahn
The Former Colorist

Post by morikahn » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:22 pm

I'm working on this page currently (maybe get it done tonight).

Here is the first panel. Its mostly done. I may add some more highlights here or there or change a couple things, probably add some glow effects on some characters, but I think it came out pretty good. An updated 3-16 should pop up soon, Thunt has the finished work.