March 24 2013 Update: Solo Round

Discuss the comic here!
Jibjib
Game Master

March 24 2013 Update: Solo Round

Post by Jibjib » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:43 am

Yeah that was totally worth the wait >:D

Is that giant Forgath on the right from reality 169?
Psychosis is such an ugly word... I prefer Internalised Reality Warping.

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

cliffracer
Remains Silent

Re: March 24 2013 Update: Solo Round

Post by cliffracer » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:46 am

And every male reader cringed and crossed their legs.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:47 am

Lol! So much for the red hat guy!!

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:23 am

So apparently MinMax can be clever. Even when raging.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

WastesTime
Is Heard Often

Post by WastesTime » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:24 am

I can see a Minmax who got struck by the Demon Effect of the Shield of Wonders. Also: Forgath from the realm of giants? And is it me or does the Alt Max have a bit of control over the Arm?
"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"

Neruz
Remains Silent

Post by Neruz » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:24 am

That is an extremely clever maneuver, but I would like everyone to look at the position Minmax is standing in in the second-last frame, and then look at the position that he is standing in in the last frame.
Now look at the arc of blood that shows the direction the sword went in.

I'm fairly sure that in order to have done that Minmax's torso needs to have rotated a full 180 degrees and he is now backwards and has broken his back.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:24 am

The hand switch was hilarious! :lol:

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:30 am

I noticed that the alt-klik is looking surprised at the wooden sword. Probably because he can't eat it. :P
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: CelineSSauve

Post by CelineSSauve » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:46 am

Neruz wrote:I'm fairly sure that in order to have done that Minmax's torso needs to have rotated a full 180 degrees and he is now backwards and has broken his back.
Not at all. MM turned to the right and back before reaching for his sword (and not at all that of the altMax *ahem*), then swung to the left to make a partial circle.

My only question there would not be in regards to his back, but to momentum required.

Goblinslayer Kin is going to play a large part in the next page, I would think? :shock:

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:55 am

Neruz wrote:That is an extremely clever maneuver, but I would like everyone to look at the position Minmax is standing in in the second-last frame, and then look at the position that he is standing in in the last frame.
Now look at the arc of blood that shows the direction the sword went in.

I'm fairly sure that in order to have done that Minmax's torso needs to have rotated a full 180 degrees and he is now backwards and has broken his back.
He moved his leg. Also he is bending back in third panel.
WastesTime wrote:I can see a Minmax who got struck by the Demon Effect of the Shield of Wonders.
I can't. Where is he?

raaabr
Likes to Contribute

Post by raaabr » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:59 am

To paraphrase a line from Macbeth: "His blade smoking with bloody execution, he unseamed him, from the knave to the chops". Ouch.

Still, its going to be interesting to see if any of them realize the futility of fighting, as one theory goes, and stop fighting. Or if they just continue with the battle royale. Speaking of which, the fact that they aren't ganging up has increased Minmaxes chance of survival. By maybe 5 %.

And apparently, in the last panel, Minmax missed the (ogre? i'm not really sure what he is) Minmax or oblivious deflected off of his skin. Without any wounds at all.

Edit: Whoops! That was alt-klik brushing by. :oops:
Sometimes I get the feeling that If I was a goblin I would be called "Chews scenery". I have no idea why people might think that!

The Scrub
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by The Scrub » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:10 am

Worth the wait.
Even though I've just read the whole archive and this is the first comic that I've had to wait for...

That background brawling is amazing.
I'm surprised that Klik minmax would still have his shoulder armor though...

Kholai
Remains Silent

Post by Kholai » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:10 am

I feel compelled to post just to say how freakishly awesome it is that Min-Max, ever true to his name, has managed to successfully dual wield a single weapon. I love this comic.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:32 am

Gotta be pretty strong to pull (hehe) of that move. Makes me wonder why he bothered with the hand-switching and not just sliced Scar in half through parrying blade and all.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:34 am

The Scrub wrote:Worth the wait.
Even though I've just read the whole archive and this is the first comic that I've had to wait for...
Ah, that brings back memories... It was a bit of a shock to realize I'd gotten to the most recent comic, back then. :D
Kholai wrote:I feel compelled to post just to say how freakishly awesome it is that Min-Max, ever true to his name, has managed to successfully dual wield a single weapon. I love this comic.
Yup. I absolutely love Oblivious. And the Axe of Prissan. And the late Chief's spear. Not so much with Complains' sword, though. But that's because it's just a +1 thingy. :P

boneguard
Of Few Words

Post by boneguard » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:51 am

Well I would have called this thread: "The Dance of the Dead" (Yes the Iron Maiden song) but "Solo Round" is as descriptive.

Very awesome update and a lot of known and unknown reality.

So we Have:
Cthulhu Fogarth (#214)
Clickmax (#177)
Ninja kin?
Fogarth with the Axe (#145)
Pink Kin
Hulkmax and Hulk forgath (#169)
"Mean goblin" reality Minmax (#88)
Red Hair max (maybe from charisma world #107)
Red Helm max
Goblinslayer kin (#16)
Red horm forgarth
Purple Eyepath Minmax
Last edited by boneguard on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can keep your precious reality, I got a kingdom to save from a horde of savage orcs and then go and do this wetjob for Mr. Johnson.

Rogbull
Of Few Words
UStream Username: Rogbull

Post by Rogbull » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:52 am

Heh, I loved how suprised giant Forgath was by oblivious, looks like he's retreating.

Depai
Remains Silent

Post by Depai » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:53 am

Fantastic usage of the Goblinslayer vs Minmax scene, just with GS Kin and Klik Minmax

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:57 am

Rogbull wrote:Heh, I loved how suprised giant Forgath was by oblivious, looks like he's retreating.
I was wondering about that too, but if you look closely you'll see that MinMaxJunior grabbed his hand. I think he's slipping.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:10 am

Woa... he has realy learned how to use his sword...
He kind of reminds me of Kylar from the night angle trilogy with that armor and sword right now...
-Best regards LAYF

Neruz
Remains Silent

Post by Neruz » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:10 am

CelineSSauve wrote:
Neruz wrote:I'm fairly sure that in order to have done that Minmax's torso needs to have rotated a full 180 degrees and he is now backwards and has broken his back.
Not at all. MM turned to the right and back before reaching for his sword (and not at all that of the altMax *ahem*), then swung to the left to make a partial circle.
Momentum isn't an issue because I'm thinking a sword made of nothing probably cuts through whatever it feels like cutting through, but take a closer look at frames 2 - 3. Specifically note the positioning of the crotchpiece.

Minmax is crouched over in 2, in frame 3 he has leant forward and reached down and under so his chest is facing upwards, frame 4 he's facing downwards again but the arc of the sword suggests that he rotated 180 degrees in the wrong direction, pulling a full 360 from frames 2 to 4.

His feet don't move, look at the positioning of his legs from frame to frame and the background details. In order to pull off that maneuver Minmax needs to rotate his entire torso in a full circle.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:34 am

LooksAtYouFunny wrote:Woa... he has realy learned how to use his sword...
And that worries me.

Oblivious is powered by MinMax's lack of understanding how it works. The more tricks he learns, the more he understands at least how to use it, right? Wouldn't that then reduce its power?

Neruz wrote:
CelineSSauve wrote:
Momentum isn't an issue because I'm thinking a sword made of nothing probably cuts through whatever it feels like cutting through, but take a closer look at frames 2 - 3. Specifically note the positioning of the crotchpiece.

Minmax is crouched over in 2, in frame 3 he has leant forward and reached down and under so his chest is facing upwards, frame 4 he's facing downwards again but the arc of the sword suggests that he rotated 180 degrees in the wrong direction, pulling a full 360 from frames 2 to 4.

His feet don't move, look at the positioning of his legs from frame to frame and the background details. In order to pull off that maneuver Minmax needs to rotate his entire torso in a full circle.
Thunt has already stated that Oblivious would bounce off of a wall if MinMax struck at it, so momentum has to effect it.

Let's look at those motions again.

Frame 1: MinMax it turned a bit towards the left,avoiding the swing from the big guy to the left.

Frame 2: MinMax straightens up, lifting his left hand to block scarMax's sword.

Frame 3: MM reaches down with his right hand to grab Oblivious after his left hand lets go of it. His torso is still facing scarMax.

Frame 4: MinMax spins to the left, returning to something similar to his first position, except for his arm placement.

Not sure where you get the 180 spin?

nightarix
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by nightarix » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:35 am

thinkslogically wrote:Lol! So much for the red hat guy!!
does seem disappointing, he's shown so much earlier so we all expect a huge fight, then he just gets knocked off by another alt, though i suppose we did get the big fight at least >:D less of a FMK vs R-H FMK and more everyone beating the tar out of each other for no reason.

btw does anyone else think the pink kin in panel 4 looks odd for some reason? other then AoP wielding alt-forgath tearing her front open.
Last edited by nightarix on Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:41 am

Are we going to keep the coloring error on Pinkin? That's supposed to be a pink butt (as seen on far-away shots) and I will not allow a butt of any other color on my pink snakes.
Last edited by BuildsLegos on Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:42 am

nightarix wrote:btw does anyone else think the pink kin in panel 4 looks odd for some reason?
*dies* I had not noticed her "bare bottom" as it were. :lol:

I'm still not 100% sure what she should look like, though, as the last battle update still has her colours inverted between the first and second panels.