March 24 2013 Update: Solo Round

Discuss the comic here!
nightarix
Mumbles Incoherently

Re: March 24 2013 Update: Solo Round

Post by nightarix » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:46 am

CelineSSauve wrote:
nightarix wrote:btw does anyone else think the pink kin in panel 4 looks odd for some reason?
*dies* I had not noticed her "bare bottom" as it were. :lol:

I'm still not 100% sure what she should look like, though, as the last battle update still has her colours inverted between the first and second panels.
could just be thunt hasn't noticed it on either page and will soon correct it, then everyone coming here after will be all "wth are you guys talking about?"
edit:... i'm going to assume this has already been commented on but i just noticed the red and blue flame effects are gone.

wordelo
Mutters to Themself

Post by wordelo » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:00 am

about the whole positioning thing I just did it myself while sitting down. facing forward raise your left hand to block an attack from your left; then with your right hand reach to your left to the crotch region of imaginary fighter to your left. let go of sword in left hand grab sword with right hand. then swing your right arm in a wide arc above your head. no real twisting involved.

as far as him cutting through the alt minmax so easily... I think when he pulled oblivious out of the hole it appeared inside him as he was arcing back. no one said that he had to pull the sword out of the hole so it would logically fit through the hole. like trying to carry a long stick through a doorway oblivious would just go through the figurative walls of time and space.

axe11154
Mutters to Themself

Post by axe11154 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:18 am

CelineSSauve wrote:
nightarix wrote:btw does anyone else think the pink kin in panel 4 looks odd for some reason?
*dies* I had not noticed her "bare bottom" as it were. :lol:

I'm still not 100% sure what she should look like, though, as the last battle update still has her colours inverted between the first and second panels.
Shes gonna get a lot barer with how paladin forgath his cutting her in the last panel
I am a goblin, Just a little fat is all.

Rorrik
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Rorrik » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:21 am

RocketScientist wrote:The hand switch was hilarious! :lol:
I knew there was a reason he grabbed it with his left hand 8) . That was epic. I can't wait to see the rest of the battle. It looks like he's holding his own, and enough of the others are fighting each other to give him a chance.

EDIT: I bet giantmax's hand comes off next frame.

Neruz
Remains Silent

Post by Neruz » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:31 am

CelineSSauve wrote:Frame 4: MinMax spins to the left, returning to something similar to his first position, except for his arm placement.
The arc of blood clearly shows that minmax spun to the right and pushed the sword through the other minmax to bisect him, not the left. How exactly could he have produced an arc of blood above and behind him when spinning to the left would create an arc of blood below or in front of him.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: CelineSSauve

Post by CelineSSauve » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:35 am

Neruz wrote:
CelineSSauve wrote:Frame 4: MinMax spins to the left, returning to something similar to his first position, except for his arm placement.
The arc of blood clearly shows that minmax spun to the right and pushed the sword through the other minmax to bisect him, not the left. How exactly could he have produced an arc of blood above and behind him when spinning to the left would create an arc of blood below or in front of him.
Um... his left. "Up and counter-clockwise" if you want to look in terms of the image.

axe11154
Mutters to Themself

Post by axe11154 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:38 am

CelineSSauve wrote:
Neruz wrote:
Um... his left. "Up and counter-clockwise" if you want to look in terms of the image.
If he gets out of barbarian mode and all of asudon needs a cane to stand Im calling the twist theory right.

TBFProgrammer
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by TBFProgrammer » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:42 am

Neruz wrote:
He cuts towards his left (slightly), placing a lot of torque on his shoulder and then brings the sword forward and around to the right. The sword changes direction after it comes out of the enemy. It would wrench his shoulder a bit, but any decently strong warrior should have no problem with it. The block stops his leftward momentum and the momentum of the sword is mostly up, fairly easy to turn right.
The Barefoot Programmer

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:50 am

TBFProgrammer wrote:He cuts towards his left (slightly), placing a lot of torque on his shoulder and then brings the sword forward and around to the right. The sword changes direction after it comes out of the enemy. It would wrench his shoulder a bit, but any decently strong warrior should have no problem with it. The block stops his leftward momentum and the momentum of the sword is mostly up, fairly easy to turn right.
Maybe the issue has to do with the motion lines? The ones to the left of MM are from altKlik. Those bottom-left of him, is his right hand/arm.

I don't see how he could have turned to his right. There's very little blood between MM and the viewer...

axe11154
Mutters to Themself

Post by axe11154 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:53 am

CelineSSauve wrote:
LooksAtYouFunny wrote:Woa... he has realy learned how to use his sword...
And that worries me.

Oblivious is powered by MinMax's lack of understanding how it works. The more tricks he learns, the more he understands at least how to use it, right? Wouldn't that then reduce its power?

He still doesn't understand how things happen
knowing how to use a weapon doesn't necessarily mean you understand it.

but lets say he learned its power completely. would it just disappear or would it just not cut things?

Rhemora
Remains Silent

Post by Rhemora » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:53 am

If you look closely you see that in panel 3 he has brought his right leg across so he in fact spins, he simply lands in a similar position in the last panel, at least that is from what I can see.

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:11 am

CelineSSauve wrote: Oblivious is powered by MinMax's lack of understanding how it works. The more tricks he learns, the more he understands at least how to use it, right? Wouldn't that then reduce its power?
It wouldn't. Learning to use items and learning how they work is not the same.

shamgar1981
Remains Silent

Post by shamgar1981 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:13 am

Joined just to post this, did anyone notice that HulkMax's cloak pin only has one "M" instead of MinMax's normal 2? Does that mean he is just "Max?"

Neruz
Remains Silent

Post by Neruz » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:15 am

I guess you guys are seeing something I'm not then because I can't see any way for Minmax to have pulled that maneuver from frames 1 to 4 without performing a complete counter-clockwise rotation on his torso without moving his feet (as we can see the crotchpiece in Frame 3 so he's still facing forward.)

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:19 am

Neruz wrote:(as we can see the crotchpiece in Frame 3 so he's still facing forward.)
Um...He has that on both sides, no? Front and back?

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:22 am

CelineSSauve wrote:
And that worries me.

Oblivious is powered by MinMax's lack of understanding how it works. The more tricks he learns, the more he understands at least how to use it, right? Wouldn't that then reduce its power?
No i dont think so... Oblivious simply is as it is... not affected by anything (including minimax understanding or lack there off) but can affect things around it, and is in turn affected by the force made from said actions, such as slashed against a sword, (Sword Mass X, with Velocity X VS Sword Mass Y with Velocity Y = Force XY)
-Best regards LAYF

Seadee
Remains Silent

Post by Seadee » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:39 am

Hello, first post here.

Minmax in that panel..

look at the angle the sword is at when he grabs it through the portal..

it is vertical... he just pulls it out of the portal and coincidentally out of the other min maxes chest.. is there a rule that says the portal remains fist sized or does it change depending on the angle of the sword?..

though either the blood is in the wrong place or his leg was in the wrong place..

i gives the idea that it has been brought out in an over head arch, but that cant be the case as his legs have only leaned towards and away from the other minmax..

though his arm swish which comes from behind his back would suggest upon grabbing the weapon he did a pirouette .. he is also a LOT closer to the second minmax as he grabs the sword.. suggesting that the forward step is correct.. i should stop relooking at things and stick with one idea..

also his front crotch plate has two black tags on it (straps) ass plate doesnt as it seems
Last edited by Seadee on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: TrexWithTourettes

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:42 am

All you peoplebeing technical with the properties of Oblvious and if Minmax could even do that move :eyeroll:

I agree with whoever said it earlier; Scar-Max. Ouch. :shock: I had to cross my legs after seeing that...

So since everyone's already pointed out Minmax's clever use of Junior, Klick trying to eat the wooden sword and leaving in confusion, and Redhelmet Minmax dying unceremoniously, I'd just like to say that there's purple smoke coming up from behind Scar-Max. I think the only reality with that is the one where Forgath died and a depressed Minmax teamed up with One-Eye? So maybe we'll see One-Eye? Although this Battle Royale doesn't strike me as something a goblin could easily survive...also, :o_O: Panel 1, behind Giant-Max...it looks like a stone gollum...wearing Kin's face? D:
I am high in fructose.

Alvarin
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: Alvarin__

Post by Alvarin » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:44 am

Does anyone have a guess about purple IME wiggly line behind the 88th MinMax in the last panel?

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:50 am

Generic wrote:Gotta be pretty strong to pull (hehe) of that move. Makes me wonder why he bothered with the hand-switching and not just sliced Scar in half through parrying blade and all.
Probably because to start the 'slice', there was less... protection... down there... :lol:

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: TrexWithTourettes

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:50 am

Alvarin wrote:Does anyone have a guess about purple IME wiggly line behind the 88th MinMax in the last panel?
T-RexWithTourettes wrote: ...just like to say that there's purple smoke coming up from behind Scar-Max. I think the only reality with that is the one where Forgath died and a depressed Minmax teamed up with One-Eye? So maybe we'll see One-Eye?
Can't tell you what the reality number is, but that reality is the only one (that we've seen (I think)) that Minmax has gotten the +1 sword. And his IME is purple, so, makes sense.
I am high in fructose.

AccursedBiscuit
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by AccursedBiscuit » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:59 am

All the speculation and theories about Red-Helmet and he goes out in the very first panel of the fight (Minmax's fight, anyway). Pretty sure THunt did that on purpose. Clever... But, my overall reaction:
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer:
I'm no ordinary biscuit. Just look at my horns.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:08 am

LooksAtYouFunny wrote:
CelineSSauve wrote:
And that worries me.

No i dont think so... Oblivious simply is as it is... not affected by anything (including minimax understanding or lack there off) but can affect things around it, and is in turn affected by the force made from said actions, such as slashed against a sword, (Sword Mass X, with Velocity X VS Sword Mass Y with Velocity Y = Force XY)
I could have sworn Kin (confirmed by Thunt in the chat) said that MinMax's lack of understanding made Oblivious more powerful in his hands than it would have been in any other.

boneguard
Of Few Words

Post by boneguard » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:16 am

CelineSSauve wrote:
LooksAtYouFunny wrote:
CelineSSauve wrote: And that worries me.

I could have sworn Kin (confirmed by Thunt in the chat) said that MinMax's lack of understanding made Oblivious more powerful in his hands than it would have been in any other.
I don't think it's going to be a problem anytime soon.

What Kin confirm was that Minmax lack of understanding on how oblivious works makes the sword stronger and that IF he were to understand how it work it would make it weaker.

In this case here Minmax is learning how to use Oblisious. He still has no clue How it work though.
You can keep your precious reality, I got a kingdom to save from a horde of savage orcs and then go and do this wetjob for Mr. Johnson.

YggazTheFool
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by YggazTheFool » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:22 am

Could our MinMax relatively easy and quickly dispatch the whole lot of them by simply "dropping" and "taking" the Oblivious repeatedly, having it to appear inside the bodies of the other fighters? Just "grabbing" it in front of other fighters, and having Oblivious appear inside them. Not the most fluent with D&D rules, but would assume that a hole the size and shape of a sword inside your body would probably be enough to insta-kill low level characters. He wouldn't even have to pull it, just let go again, and the wound would already be there.
A lord might come, he will kill some, others he will beat and that will be neat.