Did that count?

Discuss the comic here!
axe11154
Mutters to Themself

Did that count?

Post by axe11154 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:05 am

Ok when DIes got killed by the demon was that the death that he was so pose to die horribly from or does it now count seeing as he came back?
I am a goblin, Just a little fat is all.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: Did that count?

Post by SamWiser » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:19 am

The short answer is we don't know. The long answer is we don't know, but based on Thunt's clues, probably not. He will indeed die, and it will be horrible.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:47 am

I think it did. He died. It was horrible. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't count. His name isn't Dies Horribly, Gets Better and then Dies Horribly Again Later.

SccrD25
Likes to Contribute

Post by SccrD25 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:13 am

I would agree. His name is also not Dies-Horribly-But-Only-One-Time

I think it could be an on-going theme >:D
At some point I should really come up with a clever signature

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:18 am

SccrD25 wrote:I would agree. His name is also not Dies-Horribly-But-Only-One-Time

In the wise words of a little girl when her robot was beheaded: "I don't like you anymore."
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:27 am

They speculated here earlier, that "Dies Horribly" can be about him dying repeatedly.

SccrD25
Likes to Contribute

Post by SccrD25 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:44 am

BuildsLegos wrote:
SccrD25 wrote:I would agree. His name is also not Dies-Horribly-But-Only-One-Time

In the wise words of a little girl when her robot was beheaded: "I don't like you anymore."
:evillaugh:

it could also mean that he is horrible at dying. Where he should be finished off it never "sticks"

:halofall:
At some point I should really come up with a clever signature

Marnath
Is Heard Often

Post by Marnath » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:40 pm

SccrD25 wrote: it could also mean that he is horrible at dying. Where he should be finished off it never "sticks"

That theory got passed around so much in the past that Thunt actually stepped in and said it wasn't that.

Rorrik
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Rorrik » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:32 pm

Marnath wrote:
SccrD25 wrote: it could also mean that he is horrible at dying. Where he should be finished off it never "sticks"

That theory got passed around so much in the past that Thunt actually stepped in and said it wasn't that.
Hilarious! My bet is that being his horrible death. Doesn't mean his immortal or anything, he can still die, but that was pretty horrible. On the other hand, if his time to die horribly is yet to come he will be better able to handle it.

ForgetsOldName
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: TwoCoo

Post by ForgetsOldName » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:42 pm

Marnath wrote:

It also has nothing to do with throwing dice, or with coloring textiles. :lol:
The old name was Twocoo. The avatar is the scariest thing in Wizardry I, circa 1981.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:52 am

Marnath wrote:

That may be, but yet, THunt cannot deny, that Dies Horribly really is bad at dying.

He survived a crashed tent, as one of maybe 6 survivors of all the slaves when the Chorgrak Hobgoblins attacked.
He survived Noe.
He survived the Demoness (although he is now marked, which will cause him grieve after he has died).

[EDIT] Fixed embedded link cuz I was bored & wanted to see if my Mod Powers still worked. - mnem [/EDIT]

Zathyr
Smiths Silly Smiles
UStream Username: Zathyr

Post by Zathyr » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:22 am

He survived losing his arm, twice. He survived a 3-on 1 attack in the maze of waterfalls. He survived a fall off one of the cliffs there. He survived not just Noe and the demoness, but all the other dangers he encountered in the Well of Darkness: the staple remover monsters, the egg that nearly suffocated him, Mr. Fingers ... He survived the terrors of the Fire Swamp - wait, that might be someone else.

Poor fella's been through a lot. I think most goblins would be dead ten times by now.
Image And always make sure your dragons are happy little dragons.

Rorrik
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Rorrik » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:43 am

And he's going to end up surviving a lot more, and he certainly has a massive role to play. Now, with one death out of the way, he seems more prepared to meet his destiny. He hasn't been as shaky, he was downright assertive refusing to be made chief and fighting off Junior. He's grown a lot in death.