Danielle and Elli going to split!

Discuss the comic here!
Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Danielle and Elli going to split!

Post by Krulle » Tue May 30, 2023 8:23 am

GoblinsComic Blogpost wrote:Danielle And I Are No More

Posted May 29, 2023 at 1:31 pm

Danielle and I have been together for 20 amazing years, but we've come to realise that both of us have changed so much, that we can no longer give each what we need.

So after a lot of tears and long discussions, we decided a few months back, that we should end our relationship. We both love each other very much and we want the best for each other. There is no drama, no anger, no fighting, and there will be no court battles. As we work to carefully untangle our lives, we want to make sure that we both have what we need to be happy on our different paths.

Although this is scary and heartbreaking, we're both in relationships with other people and we're both doing very well emotionally. Both of us are going to be okay. We're looking toward the future with hope and excitement.

If you'd like to follow Danielle on Twitter, her account is https://twitter.com/HyperHalfling

Mine is https://twitter.com/EllipsisGoblins

- Elli
Wow, I didn't expect that.
Danielle went through a lot in her support for Elli, and I wish to thank her very much for all of that.

Now I wish them both a happy continuation of their lives, and that the separation will work out as hoped, without hickups or issues.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Re: Danielle and Elli going to split!

Post by RocketScientist » Tue May 30, 2023 9:21 am

I was sorry to see that. But I hear it happens a lot after a married person transitions. I wish them both the best.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:39 pm

a few follow-up tweets:
https://twitter.com/EllipsisGoblins/status/1663424651836686336 wrote:Can I finish this page before the end of the month? I bloody well better!
https://twitter.com/EllipsisGoblins/status/1664162740196495360 wrote:I have the worst stress migraine.
I dunno where I'm going to be living in 2 months.
I dunno why it's so hard for me to draw faster than I do.
If I want to be able to afford to move, I need to draw MUCH faster than I do.
[animated image [gif]]: a boy shouting "I said POO!"[/animated image]
https://twitter.com/EllipsisGoblins/status/1664466220115193856 wrote:I know this is deadnaming Vorpal but I made it awhile ago, and it makes me smile.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:10 am

Oh, wow, I never would have guessed that these two EVER go parted ways. But if it is what they both think is best, then all the more power to them (and their new partner(s), if any).

And geez, it would have probably taken 10 minutes tops to edit that pic so it doesn't say "Fumbles" anymore. I'm surprised at the lack of effort from Elli to avoid something she describes as so awful (deadnaming), when it happens to her. Then again, Vorpal is only a fictional character, so it's not like he has awareness of what is going on in Elli's tweets and thererfore can't be hurt by it.

Also, considering the follow-up tweets, I guess Elli is moving out of the previously known as her home cabin in the woods. I foresee lots of financial hardship in her future. (Cost of living is incredibly high atm, and I'm guessing all the meds she is going to need for the rest of her life aren't cheap, either.)
I wonder if she will be moving in with someone she is involved with, or to her own place. Ah well, either she'll keep her followers posteed, or it's none of our business.

In any case, thank you very much for bringing this to my attention, Krulle. Much appreciated. :)
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

GazC
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by GazC » Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:01 pm

I know this will not be popular amongst the Goblins die-hards but I can fully understand Danielle needing to part ways with this train wreck of a relationship.

If it is going to suffer financial hardship from this split then we may be lucky enough to see this web-comic conclude before we die of old age because we all must acknowledge that the speed of updates is directly proportional to its need for money.

Forgive me if my harsh analysis does not fit in with its posts but my real sympathy lies with Danielle.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:18 am

@GazC: I fully understand your reasoning.
I don't know who decided to end the relationship, or why.

But indeed, emotionally it must've been much harder on Danielle, who had to (morally) support Elli during her transition, and seeing someone she fell in love with change so much.... And believe me, that person will change a lot. And staying with someone who has changed so much?
Definitely not easy.
Since they've stayed together for so much time I hoped they would stay longer together and be the rare exception to broken relationships due to a transition.

And I thank Danielle for having supported Elli so long.

And I sincerely hope the two can stay friends during and after the split.

And no, the expected increase of speed is not the first thing on my mind.
(But I will take it when it happens.)
► Show Spoiler

Jarednc
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Jarednc » Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:33 am

I'm glad that Elli is finally comfortable in her own body and proud of her appearance, but I have to imagine it was incredibly difficult for Danielle to watch her partner exposing herself for people on twitter. I can completely understand how they ended up at this point.

Unfortunately, Elli historically has not handled pressure and stress very well, and her goblins fan base is probably very small at the moment. I think we're more likely to never see the end of the goblins story, and this depresses me greatly :(

I just hope that if Elli decides to have a different career and abandons goblins that she can at least share a summary for the rest of the story.