I Have an Idea - May 3 2023

Discuss the comic here!
RocketScientist
Global Moderator

I Have an Idea - May 3 2023

Post by RocketScientist » Wed May 03, 2023 11:45 am

Update:

https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/page-4-2023

Interesting solution. I wouldn't have thought of that.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Re: I Have an Idea - May 3 2023

Post by Generic » Thu May 04, 2023 4:00 am

Solution to what exactly?

This plot point was brought up just recently, talked about for a while without us even seeing anything about it, and then resolved. We've seen less of the Maxoverse than we have Blanketland, and I see noone lamenting the plight of the blanket people.

Seriously. This hallway better do something of any weight, or we better leave it right away.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Thu May 04, 2023 3:54 pm

Solution to Minmax's whining?

Were there blanket people? There wasn't actually any reference to her subjects.

I'm not entirely impressed with the hallway, either way. It seems like filler.

sunphoenix
Of Few Words

Post by sunphoenix » Sat May 06, 2023 10:04 am

Awe! That Expression on Kin's face... last cell ~ Pure Adoration. That is love.
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

Icalasari
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Icalasari » Sun May 07, 2023 1:40 am

Generic wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:00 am Seriously. This hallway better do something of any weight, or we better leave it right away.
Honestly, I was expecting this to build up to Minmax taking the Maxoverse out and it revealing that things created by somebody with powers granted by the room can leave, or something to that effect

Now I have no idea what the point of the room could end up being that could require this many pages and time spent on it

I'm with you, I am hoping this has a good payoff or this is the end of the scene

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Sun May 07, 2023 11:00 pm

RocketScientist wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:54 pm [...]
Were there blanket people? There wasn't actually any reference to her subjects.

[...]
Princess blanket, the Queen of Blanketland refered to them. "I must go, my people need me" or whatever. Them being or not is exactly the point. If we compare Blanketland and the Maxoverse, we've seen more of Blanketland and just as much of the people in those places. Kin has refered to the Blanketians. Minmax has spoken about the Maxoversians. None of that matters. We've not, in the visual medium of the comic, seen any of these people. None of this matters.

When they stepped into the Maze of Many the joke was that the place in no way mattered. Along came Psymax and kicked everything over. The characters did not know at first, but we knew. There was tension.

This hallways needs a psymax, or we better move along. Because at this point, you could very easily just cut the hallway out of the comic and noone would notice anything apart from MinMax' armour colour.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Sun May 07, 2023 11:27 pm

Icalasari wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 1:40 am [...]

Honestly, I was expecting this to build up to Minmax taking the Maxoverse out and it revealing that things created by somebody with powers granted by the room can leave, or something to that effect
[...]
That was a good angle I had not considered. I guess I lost hope in the scene a bit eariler than you.

This scene has given us:
Kin and MinMax hugging - they've done this before since her return. Quite a bit.
Some musings on the divinity of the goblinverse - We knew most of this, thanks to Gobangel, apart from the gods not living in linear time but in branching realities and at all points at once.
We've learned a bit of MinMax' idea of happiness.
Kin and MinMax deciding that she is the brains and he is the brawn - I can't imagine this being new information for anyone.

Imagine this instead.
Kin and MinMax come across a door. It is locked with a riddle, speaking of the nature of the suffering of the gods. MinMax tries in vain to break it down. Kin attacks the riddle, but fails to understand the suffering.
They sit down. Have a bite to eat. And they start talking. The subject of divinity is close at hand. We're projected into a hypotetical scene, imagined from MinMax' perspective, with a voice over from Kin. A little role playing session if you will.
MinMax is acting on instinct, greedily going for whatever he thinks will make everyone happy. Kin is baffled by this perspective, she is to smart to see the simple picture, but still guides him through the horror of perception of time. Towards the end MinMax sits crying, Dr Manhattan style, on the moon or whatever.

We cut to the real world. The door is open. They're still crying, embracing. Taking their time together, despite the way being clear.

I am not saying that is good. It's just an idea I thrown out here. But it does not need a super powerful hallway. Noone is turned into a literal god. We don't need to ask why they don't use the hallway to fix their injuries and remove their collars and whatnot. We've learned about divinity, we've learned about MinMax and Kin complimenting each other. More importantly, even though it's mostly taking place in their minds, we've seen the hypothetical suffering unfold.

thousandinone
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by thousandinone » Fri May 12, 2023 9:40 am

I've got a sneaking suspicion that this is going to go poorly. Invisible and Intangible doesn't cover everything, Kore is on the path, and Paladins explicitly have the ability to sense good and evil passively. I can't imagine an entire universe' worth of people good and bad alike will escape Kore's detection, and the nature of the door itself can be used to gather the necessary information. Touch Cyan, "I know how to find all this good and evil I'm sensing." (beat) "Maxoverse."

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Fri May 12, 2023 9:13 pm

thousandinone wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:40 am I've got a sneaking suspicion that this is going to go poorly. Invisible and Intangible doesn't cover everything, Kore is on the path, and Paladins explicitly have the ability to sense good and evil passively. I can't imagine an entire universe' worth of people good and bad alike will escape Kore's detection, and the nature of the door itself can be used to gather the necessary information. Touch Cyan, "I know how to find all this good and evil I'm sensing." (beat) "Maxoverse."
Of all the setup of a villain Kore has had, I kind of feel "smashing a bottle that some character has told us they are really invested in since like 2 minutes ago" is not very high on the list.
Had vi spent time in, and SEEN the Maxoverse, I might feel otherwise.

Frankly, I'll not spend any more months pages in this hallway.

sunphoenix
Of Few Words

Post by sunphoenix » Wed May 17, 2023 5:25 am

LOL. You've completely Missed the point. The hallways is NOT about the 'Maxoverse'.. its about how the relationship between Max and Ken has clearly developed.. touch not off limits the actual obvious care Kin feels for Max...THAT is the point of this Hallway. It showcases the changes in their growing romance!
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Wed May 17, 2023 7:32 am

sunphoenix wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 5:25 am LOL. You've completely Missed the point. The hallways is NOT about the 'Maxoverse'.. its about how the relationship between Max and Ken has clearly developed.. touch not off limits the actual obvious care Kin feels for Max...THAT is the point of this Hallway. It showcases the changes in their growing romance!
Edit: phone ate my comment. Condensed version: They've shown affection all over the place already. They can do this AND exciting things at the same time. Tell don't show is not very exciting, regardless how sad MinMax seems to be about the story he lived and we never got to see. In a comic.