13 Sep 2022: Blanketland

Discuss the comic here!
Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

13 Sep 2022: Blanketland

Post by Krulle » Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:58 am

https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/page-14-2022
@EllipsisGoblins wrote:I wanna explain where Princess Blanket comes from. For the past two years, she's been my coping mechanism. If things felt overwhelming, I imagined a character who is confident and able to easily handle any stressful situation. I would "become" Princess Blanket and say out loud...
@EllipsisGoblins wrote:..."Princess Blanket cares not for insecurity over her body image" or "Princess Blanket can easily handle money stress", etc.
Becoming Princess Blanket makes me feel defiant toward the things that are too scary. It makes me feel justified in...
@EllipsisGoblins wrote:...feeling angry about something. Anger is an emotion I have a hard time accepting. For me, becoming Princess Blanket melts away things like Imposter Syndrome and Rejection Sensitivity...
@EllipsisGoblins wrote:...and Princess Blanket is never nervous. Princess Blanket knows that she is allowed to take up space. Princess Blanket knows that she's valid and she allows me to feel that too.

I wanted to pass Princess Blanket onto Kin and therefore, all of you.
@EllipsisGoblins wrote:Princess Blanket is not ashamed of her mental health issues.
Go, girl!

most important though:
@EllipsisGoblins wrote:Princess Blanket does not stress over deadlines.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

sshipway
Mumbles Incoherently

Re: 13 Sep 2022: Blanketland

Post by sshipway » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:13 pm

Maybe, if you start with a Truth, you have to continue with a Truth?
And if you tell a lie, then you have to continue with lies while thinking they are true...

Good thing MM brought Kin back (by speaking a Truth). Tell yourself something for long enough and it becomes true.

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Post by Velgar » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:10 am

sshipway wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:13 pm Good thing MM brought Kin back (by speaking a Truth). Tell yourself something for long enough and it becomes true.
Kinda have to say it was for this reason why it was really weird reading about Ellipsis' mental exercise.

I mean it is quite widely used and to an extent even works...

But to really highlight it like this that the whole point is "to lie to yourself long enough that you believe it (in) youself"...

When in fact, if you're willing to believe it through a surrogate, you're clearly willing to believe it anyway about yourself. So pretty much the only lie you're spinning is that you need the "proxy".

And at the same time you really do need it, because you've lied to yourself of its apparent need for so long that the "lie-person", who believes the "lie within lie" to be necessary, has become the truth and thus incapable of doing the thing Princess Blanket can so easily...

Just hoping that when Ellipsis looks at her own thoughts of "lying to herself through Princess Blanket" that she doesn't realise that she's really just lying to herself to be strong, when the lie was all along that she'd need be someone else to be that...
~The smallest of pebbles can start an avalanche, but even the greatest of boulders can hit nothing.~

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:35 am

I agree, the comic could've done well without Princess Blanket, but hey.
I've added the tweets, as they somewhat belong to this page, even if it's just telling you more about the author.
But they don't add to the story.
Just to the character Princess Blanket of Blanketland.

Some people may have found the tweets interesting, but don't watch the twitter of Elli.
For them I copied it over.

And it is easier to lie to yourself via a proxy than directly.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

elkhantar
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by elkhantar » Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:11 am

Thank you Krulle for the posts, I don't use twitter (or any other social network) so it helped know where it came from. I kinda agree with you Velgar, your analysis was quite insighful. We use many constructs that we really don't need, but I don't know, sometimes they do work/help... the main thing is realizing at some point that you don't need them anymore.