2 Sept 2022 - "Princess Blanket"

Discuss the comic here!
sshipway
Mumbles Incoherently

2 Sept 2022 - "Princess Blanket"

Post by sshipway » Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:11 pm

I made it first again.

That's some surprisingly insightful thinking by Minmax there, really working those 9 points in INT.

https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/page-13-2022

sshipway
Mumbles Incoherently

Re: 2 Sept 2022 - "Princess Blanket"

Post by sshipway » Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:17 pm

So, is Kin still pretending - or does stating a falsehood somehow make it become true (or at least, make you *think* it is true)? Maybe state "The door is open!" and see what happens, does it open, or do you start repeatedly walking into it thinking it is ...

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:52 am

I think one needs to speak truth, and the other speaks false, and she's trying to achieve that by sticking to her role as Princess...
Also, one can be a Princess of one territory (Blanket) while being the queen of another territory (Blanketland).

See e.g. Prince Charles, who is [1]:
Duke of [Cornwall/Rothesay/Edinburgh]
while also being
Earl of [Carrick/Chester/Merioneth]
while also being
Prince of Wales
Prince and Steward of Scotland
and more titles for more territories...
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Post by Velgar » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:16 am

So considering all those as falsehoods, it might also work to explain why she's apparently that much higher level now.

She ment to ger back go our realm, but just didn't manage to get to it. 'Cose you know... Reasons... :lol:
~The smallest of pebbles can start an avalanche, but even the greatest of boulders can hit nothing.~

Bapuvitttssf
Of Few Words

Post by Bapuvitttssf » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:01 am

Maybe when she spoke false, a spell was cast on her so that she now thinks she speak true.
As a result, she really thinks she is queen/princess and is angry for real when some bald usurper dared to speak to her.

Hope_Caswell
Of Few Words

Post by Hope_Caswell » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:05 pm

If Kin isn't just sticking to a bit (to get back at MM for the MoM gag), and this magic trap actually causes falsehoods to become true, I fully expect Minmax to announce "I am unbeatable in combat!", just on the slim chance Herbert will actually let him get another combat bonus that way.

Of course, the trap most likely only makes the liar think the lie is true. And simply *believing* yourself unbeatable is very dangerous indeed.

sunphoenix
Of Few Words

Post by sunphoenix » Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:39 pm

Well its clear Minmax likes Kin being close enough to smell her hair!
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

Icalasari
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Icalasari » Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:26 pm

Krulle wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:52 am I think one needs to speak truth, and the other speaks false, and she's trying to achieve that by sticking to her role as Princess...
Last panel has the stone pattern that is by the door in the opposite direction she is going. She's definitely charmed or cursed into believing the lie

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:25 am

Bapuvitttssf wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:01 am Maybe when she spoke false, a spell was cast on her so that she now thinks she speak true.
As a result, she really thinks she is queen/princess and is angry for real when some bald usurper dared to speak to her.
How is anything of what MinMax said making him an ursuper? One who performs lèse-majesté, one who is insubordinate or a mutineer would make sense. I thought an ursuper is one who seizes power. I might be mistaken though, as english is not my first language.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.