24 August 2022 - "Speak"

Discuss the comic here!
Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

24 August 2022 - "Speak"

Post by Krulle » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:26 am

https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/page-12-2022

II would not be surprised if MinMax solves this puzzle (potentially inadvertently) (by lying/exaggerating his achievements, thus "speak[ing] false", while Kin "speak[ s] true").

Also interestingly, Minmax is able to memorise the colour naming quicker than the actual text...

BTW: my association with the last lines of the last panel:
Sir Stewart wrote: One more time, baby
One more time, baby
One more time just for old time sake
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Re: 24 August 2022 - "Speak"

Post by Velgar » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:41 am

Well... We sorta got somewhere? Though I do believe even GM is looking at the clock a bit.

That last bridge-section was perfect for all kinds of shenanigans and the GM was like: "Oh, balls. I put the door there too. Damn, they'll take months to get past that one... Better to skip the bridge-encounter..."
Players: "So we're walking on this bridge and nothing happens?"
GM: "Yeah. For all intents and purposes it's a perfectly ordinary, if a bit weird looking bridge."
Players: "Kinda sus..."
GM: "Guys, just move on. We need to wrap this session some time soon anyway. There's really nothing to see here."
~The smallest of pebbles can start an avalanche, but even the greatest of boulders can hit nothing.~

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:32 am

!spoiler warning, do not open spoiler if you don't want to be spoilered!
► Show Spoiler

ASFreefall
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by ASFreefall » Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:30 am

Given how long Minmax manages to go between saying different colors, that just means that the next fight is coming up eventually.

By the way, have we ever had confirmation that Minmax has realized he has color-changing armor? Obviously his companions all know ("say any color, other than pink!"), but I don't actually remember it being explicitly pointed out that he ever noticed.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:10 am

ASFreefall wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:30 amBy the way, have we ever had confirmation that Minmax has realized he has color-changing armor? Obviously his companions all know ("say any color, other than pink!"), but I don't actually remember it being explicitly pointed out that he ever noticed.
Yes, we had.
On page https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/12182012/, Minmax is experimenting with colours.
("grape isn't a colour")

oh f... that page has been published nearly 10 years ago.
I'm getting old.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:24 pm

ASFreefall wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:30 am Given how long Minmax manages to go between saying different colors, that just means that the next fight is coming up eventually.

By the way, have we ever had confirmation that Minmax has realized he has color-changing armor? Obviously his companions all know ("say any color, other than pink!"), but I don't actually remember it being explicitly pointed out that he ever noticed.
I like to imagine MinMax lacking our post-1950s cultural bagage, and not consider pink anymore unsuitable than any other colour. Rather, he would be concerned the roman emperor would find out he has a purple eye-scar.

I know I am wrong. We just learned he has seen/has a player influenced by, Dr Strange. But I like to imagine.

And yes, I know.
https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/01312012
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

Hope_Caswell
Of Few Words

Post by Hope_Caswell » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:52 am

Generic wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:24 pm
ASFreefall wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:30 am Given how long Minmax manages to go between saying different colors, that just means that the next fight is coming up eventually.

I like to imagine MinMax lacking our post-1950s cultural bagage, and not consider pink anymore unsuitable than any other colour. Rather, he would be concerned the roman emperor would find out he has a purple eye-scar.

I know I am wrong. We just learned he has seen/has a player influenced by, Dr Strange. But I like to imagine.

And yes, I know.
Doctor Strange? I don't get the connection.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:01 am

Hope_Caswell wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:52 am
Generic wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:24 pm

And yes, I know.
Doctor Strange? I don't get the connection.

Neither did I.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

Hope_Caswell
Of Few Words

Post by Hope_Caswell » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:11 am

On further reflection that was probably just a reference to the Multiverse of Madness comic. It's kinda easy to forget that was a Doctor Strange movie, since it was effectively a Scarlet Witch and America Chavez movie, in which Doc was almost as much a guest star as the Illuminati. (I'm still pissed that we have yet to see Doc fighting "our" Mordo, and the alternate wasn't even the pure-evil one from the comics.)