arikabeth
Remains Silent

2022-08-01 Strange Mixing

Post by arikabeth » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:12 am

Hope_Caswell
Of Few Words

Re: 2022-08-01 Strange Mixing

Post by Hope_Caswell » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:12 am

This week on Goblins Comic: Topical humor, for that fresh-from-the-headlines taste!

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:15 am

I must not be very topical, because I have no clue what this is about.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:51 am

Generic wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:15 am I must not be very topical, because I have no clue what this is about.
Multiverse of Madness

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:54 pm

Ah. A trailer with Inception BWOOONGs throughout, but with a slight grind pitch and redshift to make it grand and otherworldly.

I'll pass.

Did that pop reference really need a whole page?

Thanks though.

Icalasari
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Icalasari » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:19 pm

...Why is Min Max snapping off spider statues, then snapping off a leg and tossing them off the bridge?

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Post by Velgar » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:52 am

Icalasari wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:19 pm ...Why is Min Max snapping off spider statues, then snapping off a leg and tossing them off the bridge?
Because Min Max sort of lacks self-preservation instincts...

He just does stuff and is then pikachu-face when some of it blows up in his face. For example wanting to pee on god's supreme warrior's sword until he was told that dick go boom...

On separate note, I do get "today's joke", but I got to agree with Generic that it mayhaps didn't need the whole page. Most of us did get it already, and clearly for those of us who didn't, a whole page didn't help. :P
~The smallest of pebbles can start an avalanche, but even the greatest of boulders can hit nothing.~

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:31 pm

Velgar wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:52 am
Icalasari wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:19 pm ...Why is Min Max snapping off spider statues, then snapping off a leg and tossing them off the bridge?
Because Min Max sort of lacks self-preservation instincts...

He just does stuff and is then pikachu-face when some of it blows up in his face. For example wanting to pee on god's supreme warrior's sword until he was told that dick go boom...

On separate note, I do get "today's joke", but I got to agree with Generic that it mayhaps didn't need the whole page. Most of us did get it already, and clearly for those of us who didn't, a whole page didn't help. :P
Or because of an attempt to have ANYTHING happen apart from an establishing shot and some talking heads refering a current summer release movie?

Speaking of MinMax and his impulses. I find it odd that Kin is alright with his behaviour, if this is one of those things. He botched the puzzle to open the door by breaking it, and him just banging on the door nearly had her torn to shreds. This just happened. She is still bleeding. He is already mindlessly breaking stuff. I would be pissed!

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Post by Velgar » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:29 am

Generic wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:31 pm Speaking of MinMax and his impulses. I find it odd that Kin is alright with his behaviour, if this is one of those things. He botched the puzzle to open the door by breaking it, and him just banging on the door nearly had her torn to shreds. This just happened. She is still bleeding. He is already mindlessly breaking stuff. I would be pissed!
It's all sorts of surreal strip compared to Goblins in general. The knowledge of MoM in the first place, Min Max not only knowing it, understanding what happened in it (haven't seen it, but since it does jump around dimensions and whatnot, I'd see Min Max struggling to follow....) and up to a point where even Min Max would be able to understand complex outcomes and endings and judge them for their flaws, instead of going "Yeah! Magic! Pewpewca-splow!! So cool!!"

So Kin getting caught on Min Max' tease and not paying any attention to him further endangering them juat kinda goea with the flow.

And sure, shecould have poked the things at the start, but that still doesn't mean they stay safe throughout the bridge...
~The smallest of pebbles can start an avalanche, but even the greatest of boulders can hit nothing.~

Hjerne
Of Few Words

Post by Hjerne » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:02 am

This should have been a text only tweet, not a multi panel page from the comic.

If we were getting a page or more per week then fine, throw in a joke page with two panels of the alternating speech bubbles. But when we are getting one page per month each one already barely advancing the plot? Just makes me want to give up on the comic since Eli obviously already has. I feel like I'm watching the MCU and she just gave us Eternals.

Honestly for the next page she should just recycle this one only replace the joke conversation with one that actually advances the story.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:37 am

Speaking of this.
How close is Kore to catching up with anyone again?
How close are they to the end of the dungeon?
What will they do once they reach it?
How close is Hell to spew over and destroy the realm?
Does anyone care about the realm?
How close are they to figuring out how to go to Hell?
Kin brought up the subject of Hell a while back. Why is she now engaging with 4th wall breaking banter instead of getting the plot back on track?

Also:
When did Kin find out that any alt-Kin was evil? Or is she she just talking OOC at this point?

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:38 pm

I think someone levelled up again and finally started putting some points into the INT stat...

Maybe to impress Ken with his huge INT stat?
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Arklytte
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Arklytte » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:42 am

Hjerne wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:02 am This should have been a text only tweet, not a multi panel page from the comic.

If we were getting a page or more per week then fine, throw in a joke page with two panels of the alternating speech bubbles. But when we are getting one page per month each one already barely advancing the plot? Just makes me want to give up on the comic since Eli obviously already has. I feel like I'm watching the MCU and she just gave us Eternals.

Honestly for the next page she should just recycle this one only replace the joke conversation with one that actually advances the story.
+1